Hi There!

Hello all. I'm wickerthing. I enjoy debate and hashing out positions on the issues. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal and proud of it. I'm a Marine Corps Veteran of the Vietnam War era. Served with Fox co. 2/7 1st Marine Div. Was wounded in action at a place called Elephant Valley. I lost my right leg do to infection from being shot. I guess I'm the odd man out as far as combat Vets who are liberal, but that's okay with me. I don't take being called a liberal as an insult, quite the opposite. Looking forward to lively back and forth and maybe making a few new friends.

Greetings king of the Wicker people. :bye1:

Hello all. I'm wickerthing. I enjoy debate and hashing out positions on the issues. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal and proud of it. I'm a Marine Corps Veteran of the Vietnam War era. Served with Fox co. 2/7 1st Marine Div. Was wounded in action at a place called Elephant Valley. I lost my right leg do to infection from being shot. I guess I'm the odd man out as far as combat Vets who are liberal, but that's okay with me. I don't take being called a liberal as an insult, quite the opposite. Looking forward to lively back and forth and maybe making a few new friends.

Hey. What makes you a liberal?

The fact that although I lost a leg I still have a functioning pair of eyes, ears and an ability to use them to evaluate what's going on around me and particularly my country. When we have a leader who doesn't lead and a congress that continue to take blood money despite the ghosts of American children crying out for reason, and a foreign adversary screwing with our very core democracy right under the red nose of our madman-in-chief without even an unkind word from him, I figure maybe something might be askew in DC.

And, unlike the blind hoards in the Trump camp, I choose to keep my aforementioned eyes and ears open. And when school children are the only adults in the room weighing in on gun control, I suspect it might just be time to right this sinking ship while I enjoy the specter of rats drowning as they exit this ship of fools.

I'll leave all the denials to those who seem expert at them, after all, I am a rank amateur.
Wikk for a first timer on here you are one Great Guy.....RESPECT...steve

The fact that although I lost a leg I still have a functioning pair of eyes, ears and an ability to use them to evaluate what's going on around me and particularly my country. When we have a leader who doesn't lead and a congress that continue to take blood money despite the ghosts of American children crying out for reason, and a foreign adversary screwing with our very core democracy right under the red nose of our madman-in-chief without even an unkind word from him, I figure maybe something might be askew in DC.

And, unlike the blind hoards in the Trump camp, I choose to keep my aforementioned eyes and ears open. And when school children are the only adults in the room weighing in on gun control, I suspect it might just be time to right this sinking ship while I enjoy the specter of rats drowning as they exit this ship of fools.

I'll leave all the denials to those who seem expert at them, after all, I am a rank amateur.

Ok amateur, I’ll call you out. Your little tirade there about the orange clown, congress and the Florida shootingwas worded as if those are the things that made you liberal. The reality is you were liberal before Florida school shooting and Trump, so you were just spewing lefty talking points. We hear them all the time. Why don’t you really tell us what brought you to liberalism. Was it a PTSD?

Since I equate Liberalism with Humanism and I am human, and so I choose to act like one. What is a PTSD? I've heard of PTSD as a condition but I don't think I've ever seen a singular PTSD. Maybe you could tell us all about how we can get one. My tirade, as you put it, may well be talking points. If it is, I hope I spelled everything correctly. The problem with all you righties is that you've been conditioned by your masters to call truisms talking points but you never actually hear the truths in those talking points. Maybe it's because you're too busy asking yourself how you can further spread the disease that you elected to bleed, I mean lead our country. You don't actually take time to consider what is being done and not being done in your name by the current Administration. Let me fill you in since you seem to suffer from PTSD yourself. President Trump Societal Disease whereby he and his band of takers are "Taking" a shit on our democracy and our standing in the world. Let's see, firstly, they've given themselves a huge gift of your and my money and then they've Taken away our healthcare and then they've Given our enemy free reign over our democracy while telling us all it's just an illusion. Then they've Given our allies every reason to distrust and to ridicule us.

Then they've Taken away the things we count on to protect us from an autocracy. The free press and the dept of justice. And, let's not forget the Dept of state that would normally be charged with maintaining peace and diplomacy so that we can solve problems. I guess there's no real pressing problems in the world anyway, right? And, lastly they've given the nuclear codes to a tyrant who is anything but a rational, reasonable human being. I suppose nothing bad could come of that, right?
Why did I become a Liberal? For the same reason you became a so-called Conservative, Third parties don't have a chance. So I went with the Humanist party over the party of war and blood money. .

Thank you for your service. And what DarkFury said. :laugh:

So if you had to go back and do it over again, which would one would you have chosen? M-16 or AK-47?

Hell, I'd rather not get shot by either of them. But since I was shot with an AK I guess I have a closer relationship with it than my trusty M16. I guess you could say It really got under my skin. Damn. That's corny even for me.

Wow I found a wickerthing

3fd9cf2190c6d09c54f1537238266855.jpg

Yes you sure did! Can you imagine what kind of state of mind you'd have to be in to make that thing? er Wickerthing.

A real liberal or a regressive in sheeps clothing?

A liberal who likes to debate and hashing out positions on the issues? I'll wait to see how that plays out. You strike me as a latent conservative who simply hasn't been burned yet by your own liberal ideology. We shall see. At any rate, congratulations on making it through the war OK and eventually finding your way here.

The minute I see conservatives actually conserve anything I'll give thought to switching teams. Not.

Being conservative has nothing to do with "saving things."

Man! You can say that again. Like the loot they just voted for themselves. I doubt that they will save any of it. But, I guess that's what money is for after all. Whatever shortfalls they experienced can be made up by tapping into the other revenue source open to them, the working poor.

And they've shown how much they admire the working poor because they are taking it upon themselves to manage their nutritional needs by generously bestowing them with an adult Happy Meal. Saves them from all that shopping and helps them to break bad habits like choosing their own foods. It's gonna be great. When the kids say "what's for dinner daddy?" they can respond, " I don't know son, why don't you crack open that box over there and tell Daddy what's for dinner.

I hope it's even half as good as yesterday's dinner. "Who knew cheese could turn blue like that?" And I never knew that by depriving cows of water, you could get powdered milk!" We were getting pretty sick of all that lobster and filet mignon anyway.

I'll bet Paul Ryan enjoys his powdered milk just like we will from now on. "Now, elbows off the table and eat your whatever that stuff is."

Now I can see why you are a liberal. You're just not very bright are you? Of the two parties, which is the one giving ALL people back more of their money to keep? One party tries to help the poor get on their feet, the other tries to keep the poor needing their handouts. Unfortunately, you have some bad wiring probably from too much time drinking the koolaid propaganda..

I see. Ever looked at the CPUSA site?

Listening to Dickheads like you spewing Shit,I would imagine but I'm sure the Wikk can speak for himself,steve

Please make sense so that I can respond.

"Steve"?

Ok amateur, I’ll call you out. Your little tirade there about the orange clown, congress and the Florida shootingwas worded as if those are the things that made you liberal. The reality is you were liberal before Florida school shooting and Trump, so you were just spewing lefty talking points. We hear them all the time. Why don’t you really tell us what brought you to liberalism. Was it a PTSD?

Since I equate Liberalism with Humanism and I am human, and so I choose to act like one. What is a PTSD? I've heard of PTSD as a condition but I don't think I've ever seen a singular PTSD. Maybe you could tell us all about how we can get one. My tirade, as you put it, may well be talking points. If it is, I hope I spelled everything correctly. The problem with all you righties is that you've been conditioned by your masters to call truisms talking points but you never actually hear the truths in those talking points. Maybe it's because you're too busy asking yourself how you can further spread the disease that you elected to bleed, I mean lead our country. You don't actually take time to consider what is being done and not being done in your name by the current Administration. Let me fill you in since you seem to suffer from PTSD yourself. President Trump Societal Disease whereby he and his band of takers are "Taking" a shit on our democracy and our standing in the world. Let's see, firstly, they've given themselves a huge gift of your and my money and then they've Taken away our healthcare and then they've Given our enemy free reign over our democracy while telling us all it's just an illusion. Then they've Given our allies every reason to distrust and to ridicule us.

Then they've Taken away the things we count on to protect us from an autocracy. The free press and the dept of justice. And, let's not forget the Dept of state that would normally be charged with maintaining peace and diplomacy so that we can solve problems. I guess there's no real pressing problems in the world anyway, right? And, lastly they've given the nuclear codes to a tyrant who is anything but a rational, reasonable human being. I suppose nothing bad could come of that, right?
Why did I become a Liberal? For the same reason you became a so-called Conservative, Third parties don't have a chance. So I went with the Humanist party over the party of war and blood money. .

Thanks for exposing yourself as a typical highbrow, yet mindless lib who is capable of only parroting what you are told. There are many of you here. There are also a few so called Libs who actually think. See if you can find them. As for now, you’re excused.

Welcome and thank you for your service. I'll be interested to see if it's possible for a "Liberal" to actually debate anymore.

Ridge,just for a matter of interest,what on earth are the things in plastic in the shelves behind the vintage motors,just curious..steve

No clue... Bales of oddly shaped pot maybe...

Looks like something wrapped with shrinkwrap..

what.jpg

I think I see a fuel pump in the 1st thing right of center.

Welcome Wicker, don't worry, we'll see if you're full of crap or not. :)

Sooner rather than later, too.

Given your age and quality of the education system at the time, it gives me hope that you're a real Liberal and not a zombified Commie shill Democrat parrot. I look forward to some debate!

Liberals are OK in my book, Commie leftist lemmings, notsomuch.

Last edited:

Thanks for exposing yourself as a typical highbrow, yet mindless lib who is capable of only parroting what you are told. There are many of you here. There are also a few so called Libs who actually think. See if you can find them. As for now, you’re excused.

Moron, this is the welcome, not excusing, thread.

I thought there was no debate allowed here?

Since I equate Liberalism with Humanism

Then they've Taken away the things we count on to protect us from an autocracy. The free press and the dept of justice. .

Yeah, so do I. Secular humanism, which I believe is the root cause of apathy and recent mass shootings.

As for point B, Who did this? Republicans only? :eusa_naughty:

No sir, that was a bipartisan effort.

Because back then it was almost impossible to get wounded here in America.
Why did you want to get wounded in the first place?

Because I liked the look of the holes and the blood. And, I found if I stand in a particular posture on a windy day, the air flowing through the holes would give off a sound very pleasing to me. And because I had multiple holes, I could be a virtual bloody symphony. It's a talent I've honed over the years and I've gotten so proficient at it that I now play local nightclubs and my performances have been very well received. Kind of a local legend in fact.

Oh, you gotta stick around, dude! You seem alright!

Forum List

Back