Hi-tech dairies help Israeli cows produce twice as much milk as Australian cows

Apparently it will mean battery farming all animals without remorse. Good for productivity and profits I guess, in the short term at least.

But I'm a little curious. Either of you ever actually been on a dairy farm or in a milking shed? Touched a cow?

I've milked cows and sheep. No machines or indoor climate control back then. I've had to catch chickens a well. Picked fruit and vegetables too.

Apparently it will mean battery farming all animals without remorse. Good for productivity and profits I guess, in the short term at least.

But I'm a little curious. Either of you ever actually been on a dairy farm or in a milking shed? Touched a cow?

I've milked cows and sheep. No machines or indoor climate control back then. I've had to catch chickens a well. Picked fruit and vegetables too.

I did not do the milking but certainly did see the process----hubby milked the family goat

I did not do the milking but certainly did see the process----hubby milked the family goat

He thinks everyone was raised and lived in the heart of a big city? Many are well acquainted the smell of manure.

He thinks everyone was raised and lived in the heart of a big city? Many are well acquainted the smell of manure.

One time my family spent the summer at a dairy farm in the Catskills. The farmer allowed me to sit on a stool and milk the cow on one occasion. It was kind of fun, but not something I would want to do every day like the farmers have to. Now I live in another big city, Los Angeles, and yet people have horses in the neighborhood. Some have chickens and roosters. in their backyards. Maybe someone has a cow for all I know.

One time my family spent the summer at a dairy farm in the Catskills. The farmer allowed me to sit on a stool and milk the cow on one occasion. It was kind of fun, but not something I would want to do every day like the farmers have to. Now I live in another big city, Los Angeles, and yet people have horses in the neighborhood. Some have chickens and roosters. in their backyards. Maybe someone has a cow for all I know.

I have often complained to hubby----that I WANT A GOAT -----his parents fed 10 kids
on the goat milk produced from one goat.
WATTA FOOD BARGAIN------but he has informed me that a few square feet of urban
roof is not enough------and there is no fodder around. His dad brought vegetation from the fields----on his way home from picking oranges in "Palestine" in the 1940s. Their goat was tethered in a "backyard" of -----well maybe 200 square feet of space

I have often complained to hubby----that I WANT A GOAT -----his parents fed 10 kids
roof is not enough------and there is no fodder around. His dad brought vegetation from the fields----on his way home from picking oranges in "Palestine" in the 1940s. Their goat was tethered in a "backyard" of -----well maybe 200 square feet of space

They use goats out here to clear the hillsides of brush. I have passed by on the freeway and spotted the goats doing their job through the Sepulveda Pass near the Getty Museum. By the way, I spotted Bambi and his parents not too long ago right outside my fence, and they seemed to be eating the brush too.

I kept a sheep for years at our apartment building. Jessica used play hide and seek with me and used to climb up to the top floor by the stairs even though the marble was slippery. She did not mind the elevator but always tried to start down the stairs first. She had a bit of land off the garage to run around when I was not at home.

I prefer sheeps milk to goat.

Forum List

Back