Hi I'm Susan and I just hate emoticons!

Talk is so cheap you didn't use any conversation in your very long welcome. Anyway, I will use real words and say thank you.

You betcha! I should have just introduced myself as Susan and I'm a conservative. I sure did open myself up to all kinds of abuse with saying I hate emoticoms. But I do, and I would prefer people-speak instead of stupid "disneyesque" characters in my conversation. I guess I asked for it tho, and I can take it, and I can certainly dish it too when the topic pleases me.

Yeah, no biggie though...personally, I prefer when people respond to someone by quoting them to avoid confusion but hey, to each his/her own.

Hey Bad Mother Fucker, Glad to see you are on the welcoming commitee. Hope we can have some good back and forth in the upcoming days. Thanks for the welcome. Very much appreciate it.

Talk is so cheap you didn't use any conversation in your very long welcome. Anyway, I will use real words and say thank you.

See what I mean?

Scrolled back a bit and saw words in each post.
So sorry, I'm new today, and just realized I needed to reference who I responded to. Will you ever forgive me for being a newbie? Won't happen again, promise.

See what I mean?

So sorry, I'm new today, and just realized I needed to reference who I responded to. Will you ever forgive me for being a newbie? Won't happen again, promise.
wes gots ta train ya right :D

Hey Bad Mother Fucker, Glad to see you are on the welcoming commitee. Hope we can have some good back and forth in the upcoming days. Thanks for the welcome. Very much appreciate it.
who was THAT a response to?

See what I mean?

Just trying to help avoid confusion.

Okay children that will quite enough...! This is the kind of thing that happens when you don't punish the little buggers. They run around all wily nilly and stuff.

Well anyway, certainly nice to have yet another fine conservative lady gracing the seen. It's not that the liberal ladies aren't so good, they just like to get unruly simply for the fun of it.

Welcome and drop by some time...:popcorn:... Lumpy

Okay children that will quite enough...! This is the kind of thing that happens when you don't punish the little buggers. They run around all wily nilly and stuff.

Well anyway, certainly nice to have yet another fine conservative lady gracing the seen. It's not that the liberal ladies aren't so good, they just like to get unruly simply for the fun of it.

Hi Lumpy 1, glad to be a member of such a fine group. I have received so many lovely welcome greetings that I feel right at home already. I hope I can keep up my end of the bargain and contribute some interesting and thoughtful conversation to the group. Looking forward to some good back and forth with all. P.S. I promise not to get unruly but to give you more excitement than those liberal ladies! Woo Hoo!!!

You betcha! I should have just introduced myself as Susan and I'm a conservative. I sure did open myself up to all kinds of abuse with saying I hate emoticoms. But I do, and I would prefer people-speak instead of stupid "disneyesque" characters in my conversation. I guess I asked for it tho, and I can take it, and I can certainly dish it too when the topic pleases me.

Yes. Look at me. I am a serious Internet debater. My sentences are as proper as my beliefs. Those who speak with emoticons and lolcats are dirty commoners, and probably unfit to vote for my leaders. Humor is for the unsophisticated neanderthals who will never wander the great ivy-lined halls of our finest universities. No, I do not associate with them, for I am a serious Internet debater.

I would extend my hand to greet you, but that is how the H1N1 virus spreads, by touching people, so let me grab my sanitizer...

Yes. Look at me. I am a serious Internet debater. My sentences are as proper as my beliefs. Those who speak with emoticons and lolcats are dirty commoners, and probably unfit to vote for my leaders. Humor is for the unsophisticated neanderthals who will never wander the great ivy-lined halls of our finest universities. No, I do not associate with them, for I am a serious Internet debater.

I would extend my hand to greet you, but that is how the H1N1 virus spreads, by touching people, so let me grab my sanitizer...

Hey, don't I know...? Why yes I do, trust me your dead pan funny tonight..:lol:

Hi Lumpy 1, glad to be a member of such a fine group. I have received so many lovely welcome greetings that I feel right at home already. I hope I can keep up my end of the bargain and contribute some interesting and thoughtful conversation to the group. Looking forward to some good back and forth with all. P.S. I promise not to get unruly but to give you more excitement than those liberal ladies! Woo Hoo!!!
Oh please! Get unruly!

bounce.gif

See what I mean?

Give us some time. In six months or so, we'll all forget you hate emoticons and just use them like normal, until then, I fear you will regret letting us know that you hate them so much. After opening the door like you did, I would have thought that you would expect nothing but emoticons in this thread. If you didn't, well, you have no idea how :evil: we can be.

Immie

PS Sorry, once again, I just couldn't get through without throwing that one little emoticon in there which would never had appeared if you hadn't made it SO tempting.

Hi Everyone, I'm fiscally conservative and I like to engage in serious intelligent debate. I just hate the way our country is headed. I am totally anti-Obama and think he is the devil in disguise. I try to parse the news by switching between Fox, CNN and MSNBC in order to get a well-rounded view. The Big 3 networks are pretty much meaningless in today's world. I hope this site will allow me to interact with intelligent and well-informed people.

I alsp hate emoticons.

The rest?

Well, we'll talk about that later.

See what I mean?

Give us some time. In six months or so, we'll all forget you hate emoticons and just use them like normal, until then, I fear you will regret letting us know that you hate them so much. After opening the door like you did, I would have thought that you would expect nothing but emoticons in this thread. If you didn't, well, you have no idea how :evil: we can be.

Immie

PS Sorry, once again, I just couldn't get through without throwing that one little emoticon in there which would never had appeared if you hadn't made it SO tempting.
Hi Immie, I hope it doesn't take six months for me to get over the abuse of saying how much I hate emoticoms. I still think they are just a stupid crutch for those who can't find words to speak for themselves within this wonderful language to use. I prefer words rather than "Walt Disney" characters to speak for me.

Immie

Hi Immie, I hope it doesn't take six months for me to get over the abuse of saying how much I hate emoticoms. I still think they are just a stupid crutch for those who can't find words to speak for themselves within this wonderful language to use. I prefer words rather than "Walt Disney" characters to speak for me.

:mad: is SOOO much easier to type than "I am mad.", and makes the point *quite* well.

Forum List

Back