Hi, I'm new here. A refugee.

I see that you post or have posted quite a lot and that you've been around awhile, but you have very few Reps.

Please explain.

Toro is very well liked and respected.. His rep situation is because of taking an option on some property in the USMB BadLands that HE THOUGHT was gonna get a Highway bypass and it didn't pan out..

Dont worry about rep.. The stuff is counterfeited in the basement legally. You CAN opt out in the User Settings and not be a part of it. Think of heavy USMB rep like Mardi Gras beads.
THAT'S how you get it mostly.. In the morning -- you won't remember how you got them.

So,

Reps are worthless unless you are willing to make a compromise and given in to someone elses values?

Did I read what you said correctly?

Please stop hiding in the introduction thread. We have a sense of what you are about...time to step into the real world so we can show you what we are about without the training wheels.

So someone explain Reps to me.

Does it depend on where you post? Friendly ground or behind enemy lines?

If you stay or post on a thread where everybody agrees with you. You score Reps.

If you post on thread with a contrary point of view. You don't.

Have you ever watched the movie "Lord Of The Flies"?

Lord of the Flies is a good analogy for this place.

Rep is the single most important thing you can have on USMB. It's more important than breathing. Accumulate as much as possible and your self-esteem will soar. Fail to do so will be evidence of your failure as a human being.

I see that you post or have posted quite a lot and that you've been around awhile, but you have very few Reps.

Please explain.

Tongue in cheek....... There are those who think rep is everything. Poor self image I guess. You can have decent discussions, or flame, or play, or all the above. In layman's terms that means you can be seriously anal, nasty and malicious, lighthearted or a combination of all the above, the choice is yours.
Oh and sometimes it appears on the surface to be mean and nasty, it isn't. You'll figure that out when you get to know the members and board dynamics.
So take your anti-psychotics, don your full body condom (BTDs, board transmitted diseases) or favorite straight jacket and jump right in. Nurse Ratched will show you to your room........ :thup:

Last edited:
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- Albert Einstein

So you are saying that you know and have learned everything by the age of eighteen?

That there are no new experiences to learn from or change your position on something after the age of eighteen?
EINSTEIN is saying that "common sense" is not very valuable or useful, not that you can't learn past 18. He is saying not to depend on "common sense" because it is biased and therefore unreliable. How you got "you can't learn past 18" from his quote is beyond …. common sense! :D

Einstein was an Idot Savant.

His mind could only work in one realm. Equations.

He hand no concept of real time reality.

He could not even figure out how to tie his own shoes.

Common Sense, the idea of unpredictable variables was foreign to him. He had no ability to grasp the concept.

So it would stand to reason.

Einstians concept of common sense or his lack of it.

Did you know Albert Einstein personally?

Do you know every possible aspect of his life outside of his scientific work?

Do you have proof that he was an
Idot Savant
?

Oh, and just a small thought: if you are going to call someone an idiot savant, in order to not look like a complete idiot yourself, you might want to spell the word "idiot" correctly. Also, the term is a general term and usually not capitalized. Just sayin...

Really looks like your rocket is having a hard time getting of the pad there, bud.

Have you considered the somewhat kinder, gentler approach? It may be the better way for you to actually get to know people here in USMB.

-Stat

Last edited:
Thank you for responding. I am just looking around and trying to see how all the functions work on this site. A little different than what I am use to, but I am figuring it out.

I've only posted on one other site, but I've been posting there for more than a decade and have been quite outspoken and either liked or hated.

Some of the things that I have noticed here are.

Reps. What is that all about? I see bias and prejudice in giving Reps. It reminds me of High School. You get scored on what? Popularity, being an idiot, leaning left or right, staying in the middle and saying all the correct things? Would not the score depend on how many people you have here with a bias?

The other thing that I see here is. There is a lot of corrupt software floating around here.

When I logged on yesterday. My security software was going off like a "Roman Candle".

I was getting hit by some malware about every two minutes. I got hit eleven times. I had to log out.

I was thinking about upgrading, but I'm going to just look around for awhile.

Where did you see bias and prejudice regarding rep? It's mostly private.....for a noob you've gotten around pretty quick if you've already picked up on that........hmmmmm!

Your Question: Where did I see predudice and bias?

All I needed to do is read some of the post, look at how long someone as been around and then see how many Reps they have.

Not very hard to figure out who and why some have a lot and other less.

Actually, without having insight into each member's "reputation points received" list, you cannot possibly know for what content a member has been repped. So, the whole thing you wrote about bias is total bullshit, and especially surprising, coming from a noob.

There are a number of members here with high rep who deserve it, because they post lots of informational material that other people like to read, discuss and debate.

After all, that is what a forum is to be about, right?

But if you don't like the idea of rep, you can turn your rep off and not worry about it. That is an option you have and some members here avail themselves of it.

Yes, indeed, it looks like you are not exactly getting off to a stellar start here. You are unfriendly to people, you make assumptions about people...

Carry on.

See you out there.

:D

So someone explain Reps to me.

Does it depend on where you post? Friendly ground or behind enemy lines?

If you stay or post on a thread where everybody agrees with you. You score Reps.

If you post on thread with a contrary point of view. You don't.

Have you ever watched the movie "Lord Of The Flies"?

Rep is the single most important thing you can have on USMB. It's more important than breathing. Accumulate as much as possible and your self-esteem will soar. Fail to do so will be evidence of your failure as a human being.

Please explain.

You see, this is how you are showing your nasty side.

[MENTION=49218]Runaway[/MENTION], there are some members here who achieved massive rep and then decided to lop it all off and start over again, and Toro is one of those people.

So, by acting like a total ass to him, you just dissed one member who at one time was, I believe, in the top ten in USMB. What Toro was trying to tell you, in a somewhat humorous, maybe a little bit sarcastic, way, was that rep is not all that important.

Really, really, really, it looks liike your train is having a very hard time getting out of the station here.

Word to the wise. Learn to be a little nice to people. Some niceness goes a long, long way.

Please explain.

Toro is very well liked and respected.. His rep situation is because of taking an option on some property in the USMB BadLands that HE THOUGHT was gonna get a Highway bypass and it didn't pan out..

Dont worry about rep.. The stuff is counterfeited in the basement legally. You CAN opt out in the User Settings and not be a part of it. Think of heavy USMB rep like Mardi Gras beads.
THAT'S how you get it mostly.. In the morning -- you won't remember how you got them.

And what did YOU do to earn your Mardi-Gras beads?? :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Inquriing men want to know...

:lol:

Thank you for responding. I am just looking around and trying to see how all the functions work on this site. A little different than what I am use to, but I am figuring it out.

I've only posted on one other site, but I've been posting there for more than a decade and have been quite outspoken and either liked or hated.

Some of the things that I have noticed here are.

Reps. What is that all about? I see bias and prejudice in giving Reps. It reminds me of High School. You get scored on what? Popularity, being an idiot, leaning left or right, staying in the middle and saying all the correct things? Would not the score depend on how many people you have here with a bias?

The other thing that I see here is. There is a lot of corrupt software floating around here.

When I logged on yesterday. My security software was going off like a "Roman Candle".

I was getting hit by some malware about every two minutes. I got hit eleven times. I had to log out.

I was thinking about upgrading, but I'm going to just look around for awhile.

Where did you see bias and prejudice regarding rep? It's mostly private.....for a noob you've gotten around pretty quick if you've already picked up on that........hmmmmm!

All I needed to do is read some of the post, look at how long someone as been around and then see how many Reps they have.

For someone that is new and has to ask what rep is, and yet you have already read some of the posts, looked at how long someone has been around and how much rep they have?

Hmmmm, you sound more and more like an expert on it....one that has been around the block once or twice or three times or maybe more.....instead of a noob that doesn't know what a noob is or what rep is. Doesn't pass the smell test.

I just realized that I have an addition to reporting the latest news events and any other breaking news on political events.

I was just placed on quarantine for thirty days for posting a news event on the [] (some of you my know what I'm referring to) that was on all the major news media but was not PC correct for the []. The new Mods on the box said posting the truth would upset too many people. So here I am.

The irony of this. Is that the [] is going to be discontinued on June 2. I've been posting there for more than a decade and now I can't even say goodbye to all my friends or stick it up your's to all the people that constantly harassed me.

We'll see how this goes.
Welcome to USMB. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

Please explain.

You see, this is how you are showing your nasty side.

[MENTION=49218]Runaway[/MENTION], there are some members here who achieved massive rep and then decided to lop it all off and start over again, and Toro is one of those people.

So, by acting like a total ass to him, you just dissed one member who at one time was, I believe, in the top ten in USMB. What Toro was trying to tell you, in a somewhat humorous, maybe a little bit sarcastic, way, was that rep is not all that important.

Really, really, really, it looks liike your train is having a very hard time getting out of the station here.

Word to the wise. Learn to be a little nice to people. Some niceness goes a long, long way.

My question was not intended to be demeaning.

I truly wanted an answer.

So you answered it for him.

Please explain.

And what did YOU do to earn your Mardi-Gras beads?? :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

I don't collect beads.

I am neither of what you have alluded to.

No extremes right or left.

Common sense.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- Albert Einstein

So you are saying that you know and have learned everything by the age of eighteen?

That there are no new experiences to learn from or change your position on something after the age of eighteen?
EINSTEIN is saying that "common sense" is not very valuable or useful, not that you can't learn past 18. He is saying not to depend on "common sense" because it is biased and therefore unreliable. How you got "you can't learn past 18" from his quote is beyond …. common sense! :D
Einstien was allowed to be wrong on occasion.

For someone that is new and has to ask what rep is, and yet you have already read some of the posts, looked at how long someone has been around and how much rep they have?

Hmmmm, you sound more and more like an expert on it....one that has been around the block once or twice or three times or maybe more.....instead of a noob that doesn't know what a noob is or what rep is. Doesn't pass the smell test.

I've never seen or heard anyone use the term noob for newbie. The only way noob would make sense is. "New On Our Board"

As far as Reps. This is the only board that I've ever seen people score each other.

Just thinking about it brings all kind of connotation to mind.

Please explain.

So,

Reps are worthless unless you are willing to make a compromise and given in to someone elses values?

Did I read what you said correctly?

Truth is -- you have little control over why you RECEIVE them -- but you have complete control over why you GIVE them.. I give them for learning something from someone else or for excellence in stating a position. Whether I agree with that position or not..

Please explain.

According to the folks who were there -- I pretty much bared myself to my soul...
:eek: They describe it as "epic"...

I've never seen or heard anyone use the term noob for newbie. The only way noob would make sense is. "New On Our Board"

As far as Reps. This is the only board that I've ever seen people score each other.

Just thinking about it brings all kind of connotation to mind.

II. Where to find n00bs
On the internet, n00bs make their colonies on forums. They migrate in waves, usually on weekends, and proceed to clog up bandwidth with stupid questions and sometimes even stupid answers. If you happen to be unfortunate enough to be on a board large enough to attract migrating noobs, there will hopefully be authority in charge who is smart enough to take extermination measures before they can make nests and larger colonies. THE BANNER HAMMER is one form of authority.

Urban Dictionary: Noob

Forum List

Back