Hi, I am Seth. Nice to meet you all.

angryvet

Rookie
Jul 16, 2011
Hey there, I am Seth. I am a member of Iraq Veterans Against the War and the founder of Coffee Strong, an anti-war coffee house outside Joint Base Lewis McChord. I have a degree in Political Economy.

I guess if I fought in Iraq and the President was trying to tell me we needed to make a democracy over there, I'd be angry too. Heck, I'm not thrilled about having to PAY for it. That place will revert to a dung heap in less than a year after we leave.

I guess if I fought in Iraq and the President was trying to tell me we needed to make a democracy over there, I'd be angry too. Heck, I'm not thrilled about having to PAY for it. That place will revert to a dung heap in less than a year after we leave.

Which President?

Welcome poster. Thanks for your service.

25th ID, Afghanistan 2004-2005. I lost a lot of faith in the Iraq Veteran's Against the War when they got suckered by the Jesse McBeth ordeal.

Hey there, I am Seth. I am a member of Iraq Veterans Against the War and the founder of Coffee Strong, an anti-war coffee house outside Joint Base Lewis McChord. I have a degree in Political Economy.

Hi, I'm not an angry vet, just a veteran.

I was in 25th ID as well. Aco 1-5 Infantry. Yeah, IVAW checks everyone's DD214s or other records now.

Welcome and thank you for your service.

Look forward to your posts on here.

I was in 25th ID as well. Aco 1-5 Infantry. Yeah, IVAW checks everyone's DD214s or other records now.

Welcome aboard, Bobcat.

I was in third brigade, 2-27 Infantry. Right across the D Quad from the now disbanded 2-5 Infantry.

What got me about the whole "Ranger" McBeth thing is that you just had to check his goofy souped up uniform picture to know he was full of shit.

It's too bad, the group lost a lot of credibility after that.

There are thousands of members. McBeth represents less than one percent.

I know. It's just when that story broke, the group was gaining steam and that made it look really, really bad.

It doesn't mean it's not a legitimate group, it just got screwed over by MacBeth.

The only group I belong to is IAVA. I loath the VFW and won't give them a dime of my money.

Was 1-5 in 1st BDE at Lewis? At Schofield in Hawaii, 3rd BDE went to Afghanistan and had 2-27, 2-5, and 2-35 (I think)) and at the same time Second BDE went to Iraq and had 1-27, the 14th Infantry, and the 21st Infantry (I don't know the battalions).

I never really knew much about 1st BDE, as you guys were a few thousand miles away.

The old 25th was weird like that for having the Division all split up. Now I guess it's the norm with the new Stryker units etc. Though, I got out right as that was going on.

Welcome to USMB, angryvet, thanks for your service to the USA.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back