Hi, I am a father to thirty and grandfather to more.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Ex US Naval Officer and Data Communications Manager for AT&T, I am now retired. Twice married (That helps explain all the kids.) Hers, Mine Ours, Adopted, and when the money to make the lawyers rich ran low, we started taking in waifs and foster kids.

I found raising children to be the most rewarding thing that I did in life, so I raised a bunch. Learned how to be a youth sports coach and referee and official driver to all the kids sports games. I became a story teller and from those stories wrote a few books. One of them has been a best selling Novel on Amazon Mobi Pocket (E-books) for two years now.

Mobipocket - Ebooks written by JOE NEUBARTH. Read them on your PC, Palm, Windows mobile, Symbian, Blackberry, or PocketPC.

I am not a great writer, having taken no English courses in college. I just tried to write the story down as I remembered it, and it sells in spite of my lack of formal training. That surprized the heck out of me.

Last edited:
i do not understand the concept of shirtless avatars....personally i dont wanna see a shirtless man...i know you are looking back at that pic..thinking how good you looked....well let it go....

that is a bunch of kids....shows you got a good heart...now do you have a shirt?

have fun....welcome

I do not expect to be reading much from Joe, folks.

I could be wrong, of course, and if I am please accept my apologies, but it looks to me like Joe is a very good self publicist.

I could be wrong, of course, and if I am please accept my apologies, but it looks to me like Joe is a very good self publicist.

Could be, but let's not make judgements before we know for sure. I had the same feeling myself.

Maybe he could buy himself AND roomy a shirt! ;)

Ex US Naval Officer and Data Communications Manager for AT&T, I am now retired. Twice married (That helps explain all the kids.) Hers, Mine Ours, Adopted, and when the money to make the lawyers rich ran low, we started taking in waifs and foster kids.

I found raising children to be the most rewarding thing that I did in life, so I raised a bunch. Learned how to be a youth sports coach and referee and official driver to all the kids sports games. I became a story teller and from those stories wrote a few books. One of them has been a best selling Novel on Amazon Mobi Pocket (E-books) for two years now.

Mobipocket - Ebooks written by JOE NEUBARTH. Read them on your PC, Palm, Windows mobile, Symbian, Blackberry, or PocketPC.

I am not a great writer, having taken no English courses in college. I just tried to write the story down as I remembered it, and it sells in spite of my lack of formal training. That surprized the heck out of me.

Welcome. 30 kids, I'm not sure if you have my respect or my sympathy..:lol:

You must have a big heart.

As for your books selling, the author of "Gone With the Wind" didn't have any formal training either, and there were a lot of mistakes in her book, but look at it today.

I imagine you have a lot to say, what with the experience with 30 kids and all.

Do any of your kids have special needs?

Hope you enjoy it here.

Sheila

i do not understand the concept of shirtless avatars....personally i dont wanna see a shirtless man...i know you are looking back at that pic..thinking how good you looked....well let it go....

that is a bunch of kids....shows you got a good heart...now do you have a shirt?

have fun....welcome

Having found host families for Japanese students for a number of years, we've had a few memorable moments. A few days after they get here, we do an evaluation, where we ask the kids how it's going in their American home. One of the students mentioned that her host father walked around "naked". You can imagine the stir that caused. Turns out, he walked around shirtless <remember these kids are here in the summer time> Now we tell the host father's to keep their shirts on while the kids are here.:lol:

In Japan men never go around shirtless.

Ex Navy. Outstanding. Always a warm welcome aboard from one veteran to another. :beer:

And I could give a shit less if you have shirt on or not. What's the big deal? Not like you have a rack like Salma Hayek hanging out.

Last edited:
Welcome, Neubarth. That's a lovely set of man boobs you're sporting there.

:clap2:

Thank you. There was a time many a year ago that they were 90% muscle, but as you can see at the age of 38 I was starting to go to flab. A few years prior to that I could see the outline of my stomach muscles. It has been a battle ever since, and I have not seen any stomach muscle definition in nearly 23 years.

To all of you guys who do not like the naked skin, I could show you my photo now, but that is hideous, so I stick with the one where I still had a physique. At the age of 61, I am no competition for your women, so you do not have to do the "macho attack the other male" thing. What you are seeing is my memory of myself when I did not have knee problems and other maladies.

Gosh, it sucks to get old.

Please let me cherish my good memories in the few years that I have left before I kick the bucket.

Ex Navy. Outstanding. Always a warm welcome aboard from one veteran to another. :beer:

And I could give a shit less if you have shirt on or not. What's the big deal? Not like you have a rack like Salma Hayek hanging out.

Thank you. Many a year I spent at sea. I did 12 years and never had official shore duty, so I was out at sea bare chested in the tropics for hundreds of weeks. I used to turn a golden brown. My wife took the photo. It is the last photo of myself I ever had any affection for. It says, that I once had a manly body.

That raises a question. After we die, are we what we were at the time of death, or are we what we were at our prime, or are we what we were when we graduated from high school or college?

As I travel the country studying history, I visit many cemetaries. The trend now is to put photos of the deceased on the gravestone. Most are photos of the man or woman at the prime of life, but lately I have seen a lot of recently placed gravestones that have older photos on them. What is right? Is there any right? I do not know.

I am prone to think that a photo from the prime of life is a good idea. What do the rest of you think?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Wow that's a big carbon footprint. Is there an ozone hole over your house?

Actually, we do not heat in winter and do not use air conditioning in summer as we live in Sandy Ego (San Diego) California about three miles from the beach on a mesa that is swept by cool ocean breezes in summer and warmed by the great heat source of the ocean in winter. Average temperature in San Diego is 72 degrees. I think that is supposed to be perfect according to somebody important. Don't ask me who.:eusa_angel:

Thank you. Many a year I spent at sea. I did 12 years and never had official shore duty, so I was out at sea bare chested in the tropics for hundreds of weeks. I used to turn a golden brown. My wife took the photo. It is the last photo of myself I ever had any affection for. It says, that I once had a manly body.

That raises a question. After we die, are we what we were at the time of death, or are we what we were at our prime, or are we what we were when we graduated from high school or college?

As I travel the country studying history, I visit many cemetaries. The trend now is to put photos of the deceased on the gravestone. Most are photos of the man or woman at the prime of life, but lately I have seen a lot of recently placed gravestones that have older photos on them. What is right? Is there any right? I do not know.

I am prone to think that a photo from the prime of life is a good idea. What do the rest of you think?

death makes angels of us all..and gives us wings ..where once where shoulders smooth as ravens claws...

Jim Morrison

Naaaah! Self publicist??? As I write, I will let you be the judge. What I put here was just an introduction and a brief telling about what was the most important thing in my life, the raising of children. You know almost nothing about me personally. I have had a lot of life experiences. I just do not know where on the board to put them down, and I most certainly did not want to bore you guys with a longer introduction.

Naaaah! Self publicist??? As I write, I will let you be the judge. What I put here was just an introduction and a brief telling about what was the most important thing in my life, the raising of children. You know almost nothing about me personally. I have had a lot of life experiences. I just do not know where on the board to put them down, and I most certainly did not want to bore you guys with a longer introduction.

that's how thomas the train and the wizard of oz came to be written
in fact the name oz came about when the children asked the name of this place in the story.. the father trying to quickly come up with a name looked over at his filing cabinet and saw O - Z and said OZ..its the land 0f OZ

Spent eight years in the Air Force myself. Was stationed at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas for four years, and MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL for four years. Loved it. Used to go to the base gym for lunch. I was buffed out myself. Could bench around 350 lbs and had a six pack on the stomach. It was nice being in good shape, until nerves got crushed in my neck and I got two holes poked in my right lung from an RPG. Now, at 53, I'm just a worn out old service connected disabled vet enjoying retirement.

The Bible says that when you die your flesh will be more supple than that of a new born babe, so, I think what you'll be reborn as is what ever point you would have been at to be in ultimate shape. The Lord knows what age that is.

I have a very good friend that's maintained a grave yard now for 28 years. I've even helped with the burial of quite a few people myself. I've seen the stones with pictures on them, but I don't have an answer for you about what age or what picture you should put on them. In my opinion, it should be what ever picture you want that isn't offensive. I think I'll have a picture of my Harley put on my grave stone... :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back