Hi from the "Broke" state of Michigan

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
Hi everyone! I came across this message board and though this was just what i needed! I never was much into politics until about the last year...now i can't get enough of it. Probably because i hate what's going on in our country.....
I'm from Michigan, the great state of failing automakers! I've lived here all my life and just hate to see what been happening.
I'm married, 4 kids, 3 boys & youngest is a girl. I have one son (26 yrs old) in Iraq for the 3rd time. He's a Sgt in the Army and stationed in Germany. His wife and 2 little kids are living there..( and i miss them soooooo much!). But, can't afford to fly over there.
I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone and to some "good" conversations!:razz:

welcome....just be glad you have grand kids to miss....enjoy....its like wading into quicksand....you may feel like you are being pulled under and overwhelmed but you will make it...

Welcome... Not sure on that "good conversations" all the time.. but it can be interesting here.

Hi everyone! I came across this message board and though this was just what i needed! I never was much into politics until about the last year...now i can't get enough of it. Probably because i hate what's going on in our country.....
I'm from Michigan, the great state of failing automakers! I've lived here all my life and just hate to see what been happening.
I'm married, 4 kids, 3 boys & youngest is a girl. I have one son (26 yrs old) in Iraq for the 3rd time. He's a Sgt in the Army and stationed in Germany. His wife and 2 little kids are living there..( and i miss them soooooo much!). But, can't afford to fly over there.
I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone and to some "good" conversations!:razz:

Welcome! Thank your son for me. My youngest is 'pondering' joining the military at the end of the summer. He was going to earlier, but backed out. Now is considering again. I can't say I'm thrilled, with the new CIC, but he's 22 and old enough to decide.

It's quite interesting around these parts, whatever your political persuasion.

welcome to the board

please tell your son how much he is appreciated for the job he is doing

Michigan, eh?

Did you ever notice that your state looks like a mitten?

Just wondering.

Welcome. First off, thank your son for all of us.

I'm in Michigan too. Get ready for people to blame UNIONS and GRANHOLM for our woes when in fact it was the GOP from 2000-2006 that screwed us. They can't send jobs overseas fast enough. Or down south. So the southerners in Red states don't see the problem with this. But what they will find out soon enough is that they make too much $ too. At least compared to chinese/mexican wages.

And don't let them fool you when they bash unions. Very few of us are in unions. When they bash unions, what they mean is American workers.

Remember Romney was running for the GOP nomination and he said Michigan was in a one state recession? I was screaming to everyone that he was full of shit. And look, a month later the rest of the country fell apart.

And don't let them fool you into thinking government is the problem. Its corporations. Specifically big ones. Oil companies, bankers, wallstreet, aig, mortgage companies, defense companies, phone companies, etc. They don't want to hire us. But they want us to buy their stuff. I say, go have the chinese and mexicans buy your shit since they are who you employ. Oh, they can't afford to buy your products? Too bad. Neither can we.

Welcome! Thank your son for me. My youngest is 'pondering' joining the military at the end of the summer. He was going to earlier, but backed out. Now is considering again. I can't say I'm thrilled, with the new CIC, but he's 22 and old enough to decide.

It's quite interesting around these parts, whatever your political persuasion.

I can't believe that any parent would let their kid join the military in these times.

I think if I told my parents that I was going to Iraq, they'd have a heart attack.

I think it is noble and brave, but I just can't believe you don't tell him FUCK NO YOU'RE NOT GOING!!

Especially when for 6 years our troops sat in the middle of a civil war in Iraq. IED's, snipers, etc.

Or ESPECIALLY when we now know that Iraq was all about $. Not WMD's, not a connection to 9-11.

Is it worth dying for? To go protect Hunt Oil while they steal Iraq's oil? I think the oil companies should share the profits with the soldiers. But they won't.

Is a college degree worth dying for? I could understand joining in piece times, but now?

I think this board is the best for covering the myriad of passionate controversial issues. We can get nasty sometimes, but these days there's no such thing as *quiet* debate on stuff.

Don't let any of the comments scare you off, Caroljo--just hang in there! And welcome!

Forum List

Back