Hi from Siberia

In the US: Aldi, Lidl, Trader Joe, t-online, countless Mercedes and BMV's.

And in the UK, they used to own the London waterworks. And now they own the buses.
We have lots of American companies here. I see even more American cars. But there are only few US business houses if at all.

Here is Germany?
Yes, I am in Germany.

I am in Germany. And so in a big way is: TJ Maxx and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Where in Germany are you?

Frankfurt area.

The article doesn´t mention that they would go to Aldi even if ISIS had taken over. But it also paints a wrong picture of Walmart´s reputation in Germany. Walmart didn´t come as competition but as conqueror. There was a big Spiegel article about it. Walmart came and calculated for Germany, how their capital is enough to bring the others to their knees in a price war. They came along with prices such as 6 DM (about 3 €) for a toaster. The next Walmart from me was in Wuppertal, btw.

The article doesn´t mention that they would go to Aldi even if ISIS had taken over. But it also paints a wrong picture of Walmart´s reputation in Germany. Walmart didn´t come as competition but as conqueror. There was a big Spiegel article about it. Walmart came and calculated for Germany, how their capital is enough to bring the others to their knees in a price war. They came along with prices such as 6 DM (about 3 €) for a toaster. The next Walmart from me was in Wuppertal, btw.

Enjoyed the zoo there. And the ride in the train, up in the air.

I refuse to read Spiegel any more.

Many people dream of the great America but the dream is waste of time. America doesn´t allow people to come. If you have nothing but the dream, you ain´t welcome.

I'll try to explain, we lived for a long time in the USSR, which was a closed totalitarian state. And in general in USSR was a total deficit of almost everything. Can you imagine that we washed cellophane bags:

5959754.jpg

yep now it's funny but in that time it was necessary :). We had strict standards, how many square meters of living space can have one person, and usually it was about 11 square meters per one person. And then the USSR crashed, the iron curtain was moved, we saw the US in such films as "Back to the Future" (excellent film), "Beethoven", "Home Alone", etc. In these films we saw the US where an ordinary family has a two-story house, one or two cars (it was amazing at the time), a TV in every room, a large kitchen (in the apartments of the USSR the kitchen usually has a size of 6-10 square meters) and of course we fell in love in the US. You should understand us, then were the dashing 90th, it was not a simple time, gangsters, war in Chechnya, non payment of salaries for half a year, year, strikes and so on. And we didn't see the dark side of the US :). At that time, the United States seemed like paradise

Many people dream of the great America but the dream is waste of time. America doesn´t allow people to come. If you have nothing but the dream, you ain´t welcome.

I'll try to explain, we lived for a long time in the USSR, which was a closed totalitarian state. And in general in USSR was a total deficit of almost everything. Can you imagine that we washed cellophane bags:

5959754.jpg

yep now it's funny but in that time it was necessary :). We had strict standards, how many square meters of living space can have one person, and usually it was about 11 square meters per one person. And then the USSR crashed, the iron curtain was moved, we saw the US in such films as "Back to the Future" (excellent film), "Beethoven", "Home Alone", etc. In these films we saw the US where an ordinary family has a two-story house, one or two cars (it was amazing at the time), a TV in every room, a large kitchen (in the apartments of the USSR the kitchen usually has a size of 6-10 square meters) and of course we fell in love in the US. You should understand us, then were the dashing 90th, it was not a simple time, gangsters, war in Chechnya, non payment of salaries for half a year, year, strikes and so on. And we didn't see the dark side of the US :). At that time, the United States seemed like paradise

I wash plastic zipper bags, and re use them. Nothing wrong with being thrifty, in this throwaway age.

Enjoyed the zoo there. And the ride in the train, up in the air.

I refuse to read Spiegel any more.
Yeah, Spiegel is somewhat non-biting these days. When they want to write something derogatory, it´s about people who are out of favor by western politicians.

5959754.jpg

There is certainly no problem with that. The American way of living is nothing wrong.

Forum List

Back