Hi from malnila

Wow!!! Already some hostility and just on introducing myself. Well, seems I'm already guessing who to steer clear of. And sorry grammar and syntax aren't to others liking. I just consider it my style of posting. Also, I hope people don't take this the wrong way but I am not political and prefer to keep it that way.

(Grammar and syntax again) Anywho, Gracie, is that you? Wondered where you were. I'm glad there are a few here apparently that I know. I feel semi comfortable already.

Wow!!! Already some hostility and just on introducing myself. Well, seems I'm already guessing who to steer clear of. And sorry grammar and syntax aren't to others liking. I just consider it my style of posting. Also, I hope people don't take this the wrong way but I am not political and prefer to keep it that way.

(Grammar and syntax again) Anywho, Gracie, is that you? Wondered where you were. I'm glad there are a few here apparently that I know. I feel semi comfortable already.
Not hostility.

Just saying.

If you feel constructive criticism is anathema then I guess that is just typical of any female.

It does however prove you are female.

Good that we were able to ferret that out.

A lot of gay's and bi's log-in here claiming to be what they are not.

Anywho, Gracie, is that you?
Yep, tis me!!! Been experiencing some bad times but things are getting better! I have a roof!

Anyway...this place is very busy and has lots of good folks..and some meanies as well. Which is why I try to stick to the Coffee Shop or The Lounge. Much nicer in there but I do wander out now and then and go slumming around the rest of the board from time to time. Mostly I just hang in the rafters and watch but stay out of the mud slinging whenever possible. Life is too short. :)

Anywho...I am drooping here, so I bid you good night and hope to see you around more often.

If you feel constructive criticism is anathema then I guess that is just typical of any female.

Hey now!!
We both know that it's true !!!

:D

Is there really such a thing as a typical female??
I have observed that most (greater than 50%) of the females do not take constructive criticisms favorably and get really hostile.

Whereas close to 50% of males do. But they don't get hostile.

That's a play on words.

When someone's grammar and syntax send me on a while goose chase down a rat hole, I cannot resist commenting on it.

I taught college technical writing when I was a grad student. So it bothers me when other college professors and teachers did not do a good job of it with other student. I am guessing this was due to public schools.

Is there a typical female?

I would have to guess Size 8 or 10 dress, B cup, 5 ft 7, yes (for Canada, England, France, Germany, and the USA).

Last edited:
Anywho, Gracie, is that you?
Yep, tis me!!! Been experiencing some bad times but things are getting better! I have a roof!

Anyway...this place is very busy and has lots of good folks..and some meanies as well. Which is why I try to stick to the Coffee Shop or The Lounge. Much nicer in there but I do wander out now and then and go slumming around the rest of the board from time to time. Mostly I just hang in the rafters and watch but stay out of the mud slinging whenever possible. Life is too short. :)

Anywho...I am drooping here, so I bid you good night and hope to see you around more often.

I really am looking forward to catching up with you and I have a feeling from the tone of my intro thread, I'll be spending most of my time in the coffee shop too. Rest well.

Hey now!!

I have observed that most (greater than 50%) of females do not take constructive criticisms favorably and get really hostile.

That's a play on words.

When someone's grammar and syntax send me on a while goose chase down a rat hole, I cannot resist commenting on it.

I taught college technical writing when I was a grad student. So it bothers me when other college professors and teachers did not do a good job of it with other student. I am guessing this was due to public schools.

I would have to guess Size 8 or 10 dress, B cup, 5 ft 7, yes.

LOL You about have it right except the cup B. ;)

Getting late here..you guys be good. :night:

Hey now!!

I have observed that most (greater than 50%) of females do not take constructive criticisms favorably and get really hostile.

That's a play on words.

I would have to guess Size 8 or 10 dress, B cup, 5 ft 7, yes.

LOL You about have it right except the cup B. ;)

Getting late here..you guys be good. :night:
It's the milk.

The hormones in the milk make them bigger.

My gosh yiostheoy, I'm not a hostile person at all but why are you trying your best to make me? Life IS way too short and especially since I turned 60 recently. Remember the adage about assuming? Please heed that and ignore me completely.

Hi everyone!

I'm not new to message boards and I heard some friends I haven't talked to in quite awhile are here so I thought I best come in and say "Hey!!!"

A bit about myself, I'm a Liberal but haven't had the heart in quite awhile to discuss politics anymore. My other interests vary and understand there are other areas here that should keep me occupied. Anywho, hope to see old friends and meet new ones.

Oh and Thank You Kat for the invite.

Hi malnila and welcome!
Glad to have you here, and I hope you take advantage of the open forums here to explore and share your ideas and insights with equally diverse people.

I'm a progressive Green-leaning Democrat myself, who identifies as Constitutionalist first. So you will see me push both my buddies on the left and right to rise above the fray and seek "common solutions" that respect both sides' beliefs, even on contentious issues, so we can solve these problems instead of fighting over the blame which goes in circles.

I believe in seeking consensus on policies where inclusion should include political beliefs (instead of bullying by coercion or exclusion) for sake of Constitutional equality. If we want better govt, I believe we the people should set the standard and support each other, not silence or bully down people or groups of opposing beliefs. I believe the current battles in politics and media OBSTRUCT our democratic process where we all lose out. I think the ideal solutions will include all, exclude none, and resolve conflicts in the process.

My pollyanna peacemaking gives me away as a liberal, though my Constitutional arguments defy left and right segregation.

I find the diversity and balance on this forum to be unique and inclusive.

I hope it allows you to share freely and I look forward to that!

Enjoy and "tag" me anytime, and I'm happy to comment on your threads or posts.

Yours truly,
Emily

My gosh yiostheoy, I'm not a hostile person at all but why are you trying your best to make me? Life IS way too short and especially since I turned 60 recently. Remember the adage about assuming? Please heed that and ignore me completely.
There is a big difference between "deducing" and "ass-u-me-ing".

I take data and I evaluate it all and come up with conclusions.

So far this is what I can tell about you:

- Kat vouches for you therefore you are a real person really new here and not a returning spam bot;

- definitely female and very sensitive about any feedback;

- California;

- Democrat;

- Hillary lover;

- us-against-them glass-ceiling hater;

- not highly exposed to crime or else you would be more worried about Hillary's anti gun positions;

- average writing skills.

That's my short list so far.

Hi everyone!

I'm not new to message boards and I heard some friends I haven't talked to in quite awhile are here so I thought I best come in and say "Hey!!!"

A bit about myself, I'm a Liberal but haven't had the heart in quite awhile to discuss politics anymore. My other interests vary and understand there are other areas here that should keep me occupied. Anywho, hope to see old friends and meet new ones.

Oh and Thank You Kat for the invite.

Hi malnila and welcome!
Glad to have you here, and I hope you take advantage of the open forums here to explore and share your ideas and insights with equally diverse people.

I'm a progressive Green-leaning Democrat myself, who identifies as Constitutionalist first. So you will see me push both my buddies on the left and right to rise above the fray and seek "common solutions" that respect both sides' beliefs, even on contentious issues, so we can solve these problems instead of fighting over the blame which goes in circles.

I believe in seeking consensus on policies where inclusion should include political beliefs (instead of bullying by coercion or exclusion) for sake of Constitutional equality. If we want better govt, I believe we the people should set the standard and support each other, not silence or bully down people or groups of opposing beliefs. I believe the current battles in politics and media OBSTRUCT our democratic process where we all lose out. I think the ideal solutions will include all, exclude none, and resolve conflicts in the process.

My pollyanna peacemaking gives me away as a liberal, though my Constitutional arguments defy left and right segregation.

I find the diversity and balance on this forum to be unique and inclusive.

I hope it allows you to share freely and I look forward to that!

Enjoy and "tag" me anytime, and I'm happy to comment on your threads or posts.

Yours truly,
Emily
malnila you will love emilynghiem she is very bright.

Her grammar and syntax are perfect.

Ergo she must have gone to a really good school and taken careful notes.

To all of you ladies who really wanted Hillary to break the glass ceiling at The White House last year, maybe Ivanka will run against Chelsea in 2024 ?!

You're good malnila not to worry!

yiostheoy may disagree and argue with me on some points, but both yiostheoy and Marion Morrison have thanked some of my other posts. Both good posters.

If you want to know who are the hardcore posters, left or right, not to worry, they will let you know. ;-) Just say "yes" and agree to "one thing they say," that you can align with, and build one step at a time.

It can take a long time, over many posts, to find those points of agreement to build on. (Points of disagreement are always going to be greater in number, by probability alone, so you can't go by that or you'd get discouraged!)

If you feel more comfortable starting with progressive posters, look for Pogo, TheProgressivePatriot, Matthew, seawytch, Jillian, C_Clayton_Jones, and the ones who post the leftwing agenda "garlic for rightwing vampires": Lakhota, guno, and Luddly Neddite.

There is the resident liberal Republican who gets jumped on from both sides: JakeStarkey who jumps on fellow conservatives the way I go after fellow Democrats. None of these people will bite your head off, or be offended by what you post, if you are worried where to start.

If you're open to making friends across political lines, that's what I was referring to about taking it one point at a time.

If it isn't your liking to jump into a zoo and start taming the wild, never mind. Don't go there. Maybe that's just me!

Take care, and if I left people off the liberal friendly list, maybe we need to do a roll call and have a formal list so new members know who's who!

What do you say Kat
Should we update a voluntary list of what the members identify as, if they want, for everyone's benefit?

Yours truly, Emily

I am registered to vote as "nonpartisan". My first mistake was voting for Nixon. My second mistake was voting for Carter. My third mistake was voting for Reagan. Since then I have not made as many mistakes.

I am proud to say I never voted for "W" or his father. Those two morons have hurt the world more than anybody else.

Every election pretty much becomes a matter of choosing the lesser of two weevils.

Generally the USA is better off when the DEM's control the US House and the GOP controls the Senate. This is called divided government. That's what I voted for this time.

So don't blame me for Ryan being the new Speaker.

I am no fan of McConnell but he is better at his job than Harry Reid was.

The SCOTUS needs to be composed of strict constructionists, although swing voters like Kennedy and Roberts are ok too. Gorsuch will probably be more like Kennedy.

The morons on the SCOTUS have all been appointed by the DEM's.

We need a constitutional amendment -- no more DEM appointments to the SCOTUS.

As Tip ONeill said, "All politics are local."

So the first thing that you malnila need to do is go to the main page and clear all the threads.

You can do this when you log-in by clicking on "new posts" or on "forum" (see above on the title bar) and then you should click on "mark forums read".

This will clean everything out for you.

From then on, in a matter of minutes, you will only be seeing new comments. Otherwise you will be forever buried in an avalanche of old tired dead threads.

In the meantime you can hang out here in your own thread and banter back and forth with the wild animals who come to say hello.

Hopefully they (the wild animals) won't be confused thinking that you are "from malnila" an island in the sea somewhere.

Hopefully they will figure out that you are from California.

They probably won't care about Hillary -- she is off wandering in the woods somewhere -- same thing Al Gore did after his paper thin defeat.

You also need to find an avatar that you like -- a puppy or a kitten or something like that which represents your personality.

I don't expect you to know what yiostheoy means, nor who Hammurabi is, now who his god Marduk was. But my avatar is 3800 years old.

Last edited:
Welcome! If I'm the right-ish goon squad, you're in luck! :D

Does it really make you a Right Wing Nut Job if you believe in God, guns, and country in that order?

LOL Right-ish? Should I be scared? Thanks for the welcome.
I put Marion Morrison on ignore for spamming.

You may need to do the same thing eventually malnila .
Ok I have changed my mind and taken Marion Morrison off ignore again.

Sometimes I flip flop.

Forum List

Back