Hi from L.A. (lower Alabama)

NDPenDentThinkr

Don't Panic!
Sep 23, 2010
Paradise!
Hello everyone.

I just registered, after lurking a bit. It seems this site has quite a diverse group of folks with a variety of opinions.

I'm a 45 year old woman living on an island in the Gulf of Mexico with the love of my life (my husband) and the best dog ever, plus my husband's sometimes sweet, sometimes evil cat. One grown daughter, two grown & married step-sons, each with 2 beautiful children that I get to play Grandma to.

I am not affiliated with with any political party. My views and opinions are formed based on my personal experiences and research. I refuse to be a sheep. I am capable of changing my mind when presented with logical, factual arguments to support a different point of view. I hate it when people resort to ad-homonym attacks on people who disagree with them, rather than backing their arguments with facts to support them. I agree with the liberal point of view on some issues, the conservative point of view on other issues, but generally always support the side of the argument that supports individual rights and liberty.

I love the outdoors - running, hiking, scuba diving, camping, gardening, playing on the beach. Many of our best vacations have been spent in U.S. National Parks, as well as state parks in various states. I read a lot - fiction, non-fiction, history, anthropology, zoology, sociology, and lots more. My current interests are mostly involved with ways to become debt free, self-sufficient and making our lives simpler and healthier.

Enough about me. On to the debates!

Animated%20Gif%20Welcome%20(16).gif

Only in the sense that both Forrest and Green Bow are fictional. (my husband does yell "Run Forrest Run" at me when I run in races if that counts)

Bayou LaBatre is real, though, and it really is the shrimping capitol of the U.S. It's very close to where I live and has an unusual demographic - 25% of the population are Vietnamese who immigrated here after the war.

Hello. Does Forrest Gump really live in Green Bow, Alabama?

Sounds like you'll be right half of the time and the other half I can try to convince you or poke fun at you. hehe

I'll be in Orange Beach in February or March.

Only in the sense that both Forrest and Green Bow are fictional. (my husband does yell "Run Forrest Run" at me when I run in races if that counts)

Bayou LaBatre is real, though, and it really is the shrimping capitol of the U.S. It's very close to where I live and has an unusual demographic - 25% of the population are Vietnamese who immigrated here after the war.

Hello. Does Forrest Gump really live in Green Bow, Alabama?

:eusa_whistle:

- 25% of the population are Vietnamese

:wtf:

Forum List

Back