Hi from Alaska

Been to Eagle River! Served years at Ft Wainwright in the days of Charlie Manchu. Welcome to the Board.

Been to Eagle River! Served years at Ft Wainwright in the days of Charlie Manchu. Welcome to the Board.
You were 4th/9th?

I was C company, Airborne, commo.

Still got your buckle?

Buckle for the old work uniform, and the civilian oval one, both in my dresser. Served both in charlie and headquarters over the time.
Right on!

"You are now entering Manchu country"

Keep Up The Fire!

Yeah, we partied hard with the dudes in HHC.....Used to burn joints on the weekends in one of their rooms just down the hall from the CQ desk. Which was real convenient seeing as though the mess hall was right there.

Hello0o0o00o0o0 and Welcome.
Didn't the earth just rock your part of the world a few days ago??

You were 4th/9th?

I was C company, Airborne, commo.

Still got your buckle?

Buckle for the old work uniform, and the civilian oval one, both in my dresser. Served both in charlie and headquarters over the time.
Right on!

Keep Up The Fire!

Yeah, we partied hard with the dudes in HHC.....Used to burn joints on the weekends in one of their rooms just down the hall from the CQ desk. Which was real convenient seeing as though the mess hall was right there.

If am remembering right, Alaska permitted possession of the "evil" weed :lol:, and friends would tell me some of the unmarried guys would pool together to get a splash pad down near the bridge in town and party on the weekend with the working girls. I remember the Polaris Lounge in the hotel and a disco club of all things a couple of blocks over.

Long, long time ago.

Right on!

Keep Up The Fire!

If am remembering right, Alaska permitted possession of the "evil" weed :lol:, and friends would tell me some of the unmarried guys would pool together to get a splash pad down near the bridge in town and party on the weekend with the working girls. I remember the Polaris Lounge in the hotel and a disco club of all things a couple of blocks over.

Long, long time ago.
When I was there, 81-83, I believe the law was you could grow 2 plants for personal use, under an ounce was legal....But then again, I could be wrong. It was a bit of time ago.

Not sure what years you were there, but we would hang out in the bars on the west end of Fairbanks, where the cuties from UofA Fairbanks would hang out. There was never a shortage of pussy........Much better than the bars where the damn skanky, drunken half breeds hung out, downtown.

I had a good time there. Except for all the field time, it wasn't bad duty.....Summertime rocked. The midnight softball league was cool, and jumping with the Alaska Smoke Jumpers, on the parade grounds across from Headquarters company was beyond cool. Hell, I believe I had 30 civilan low level jumps registered during that time....Cool times indeed.

Been there enjoyed my visit
wish they had more roads thou the wildlife is beautiful to behold

Forum List

Back