Hi Everyone, Part 2

Feb 9, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
Hi Everyone,

Wanted to repost on this. At NASA's Main Site, scrolling down the left hand column on that page, you will see one of my NASA Smithsonian art pieces I did for the agency under contract through the NASA Art Program, under the directorship of Bob Schulman (deceased).

Down the left hand column of the page is one of 22 pieces I have done over the years for NASA, called "From The Seeds Of Change, A Discovery." It is a 32x48, oil on panel.

NASA - NASA and the Arts

After further schooling and instruction went into the Archaeology field in ancient cultures with the outfit. Thus, travels to the far sides of creation.

Thought this might be validating, per se.

Robert

Last edited:
230px-Michelangelo_Caravaggio_065.jpg

How to Stop Attention Seeking Behavior | eHow.com

• Banned
Liability,

Yes, it was an honor and a thrill in so many ways, from a lumber jack-cowboy out of Whitefish, Montana, to NASA Art Boy it was a blast. A lot of fun too. My folks were sure thrilled and blown away also. It was wonderful.

The work later for Ridley Scott and others and the large movie commissions were alot of fun, but the core was NASA and the fact the pleasure it gave. Losing Dr. Resnik on STS-51L was truly phucked, but it was and is a part of life, I suppose. A lotta loss, but a lotta life too.

It all has been a grand and disturbing adventure.....

Robert

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to repost on this. At NASA's Main Site, scrolling down the left hand column on that page, you will see one of my NASA Smithsonian art pieces I did for the agency under contract through the NASA Art Program, under the directorship of Bob Schulman (deceased).

Down the left hand column of the page is one of 22 pieces I have done over the years for NASA, called "From The Seeds Of Change, A Discovery." It is a 32x48, oil on panel.

NASA - NASA and the Arts

After further schooling and instruction went into the Archaeology field in ancient cultures with the outfit. Thus, travels to the far sides of creation.

Robert
That's a very nice painting, Robert. Montana? Sounds beautiful there. I lived in Casper Wyoming for about 35 years. Baby, it's cold outside!

Retired to live near family in Texas, where it's a lot warmer.

• Banned
Hi Everyone,

NASA - NASA and the Arts

Robert
That's a very nice painting, Robert. Montana? Sounds beautiful there. I lived in Casper Wyoming for about 35 years. Baby, it's cold outside!

Retired to live near family in Texas, where it's a lot warmer.

Yea, I froze in Montana but grew up there and was used to it cowboying on the east side in winter along with winter logging and then fire fighting in summer between school. Good gigs but it is very very cold up that way.

Then, Florida--KSC! The tropics, but it was good. Its all been so good.

Thank you for the words and welcome and most kind.

Hat (fedora) is tipped.

Robert

Hi Everyone,

Robert

"one of 22 pieces I have done over the years for NASA" - so where are the other ones?
Again, after all these years, that link is the one and only connection to NASA you have been able to point to. Other than the visit to KSC, which I suppose as a contributing artist they felt compelled to do.

i thought it was
"Class of 1974 · Aerospace Dynamic Failure Assesment"
now it's "Archaeology field in ancient cultures with the outfit", outfit meaning NASA I assume. what department handles that, Robert - you have a contact name or reference?

Hi Everyone,

Robert

"one of 22 pieces I have done over the years for NASA" - so where are the other ones?
Again, after all these years, that link is the one and only connection to NASA you have been able to point to. Other than the visit to KSC, which I suppose as a contributing artist they felt compelled to do.

i thought it was
now it's "Archaeology field in ancient cultures with the outfit", outfit meaning NASA I assume. what department handles that, Robert - you have a contact name or reference?

Valid questions. I have never been civil service other than fire fighting in summers for the USFS in the 1970s. At NASA I was a contractor, and I worked for the vendors at the cape. My three that were consistent, were Lockheed, Boeing, McDonnell Douglas Astronautics.

When doing the arts, I did a 3 week gig each at wherever the work was to be executed, so that was mostly KSC, but also did pieces at JSC, Hunstville, Dryden, etc. There are 22 of mine in the collection overall, and Bob Schulman, my boss, wanted that one at the NASA main site as my piece for presentation. The rest are scattered out at the different field centers and I have lost track where some are and where they are displayed. They are also loaned out to different centers as are many of the other NASA artists also.

Some were pen and ink drawings and some were oil on panel and a few were water colors.

When I continued my schooling, I then applied to their contract archaeology endeavors and thus got to travel quite a bit. But again, I have never worked directly for NASA as a GS employee, always a contractor independent, or for one of the vendors.

Hope that is helpful.

Robert

Hi Everyone,

Robert

i thought it was

Valid questions. I have never been civil service other than fire fighting in summers for the USFS in the 1970s. At NASA I was a contractor, and I worked for the vendors at the cape. My three that were consistent, were Lockheed, Boeing, McDonnell Douglas Astronautics.

When doing the arts, I did a 3 week gig each at wherever the work was to be executed, so that was mostly KSC, but also did pieces at JSC, Hunstville, Dryden, etc. There are 22 of mine in the collection overall, and Bob Schulman, my boss, wanted that one at the NASA main site as my piece for presentation. The rest are scattered out at the different field centers and I have lost track where some are and where they are displayed. They are also loaned out to different centers as are many of the other NASA artists also.

Some were pen and ink drawings and some were oil on panel and a few were water colors.

When I continued my schooling, I then applied to their contract archaeology endeavors and thus got to travel quite a bit. But again, I have never worked directly for NASA as a GS employee, always a contractor independent, or for one of the vendors.

Hope that is helpful.

Robert

Helpful? Not really, frankly I am certain it is another pantload. But hey, I doubt anyone can be found to confirm or deny any of this. And if it cannot be disproven, it certainly has to be true... right? I really could care less to investigate any of it. All any inquiring party has to do is google your name to find out what you are about.

Forum List

Back