Hi Def Society Ep. 6, 9/23/15 & discussion

Looks like we've got a title match tonight for LoneLaugher 's famous trivia game.

The stakes are high, you double your chances of getting the gear with a win this evening.

Plus there has been much fan mail being received from women looking to seduce sonny & closed. They each have their own groupie squad.....one chick said for a nickle and a chicken wing she'd give a lap dance to the both of you while only clothed in fishing line.

Youch!

Looks like we've got a title match tonight for LoneLaugher 's famous trivia game.

The stakes are high, you double your chances of getting the gear with a win this evening.

Plus there has been much fan mail being received from women looking to seduce sonny & closed. They each have their own groupie squad.....one chick said for a nickle and a chicken wing she'd give a lap dance to the both of you while only clothed in fishing line.

Youch!
I'm impressed. Even the blind can see.

Youch!
The listeners have nothing but love for you sonny, its true. You have your own unique way about ya and its very well received.

I wish ppl in the FZ knew the personality behind the posts better, they'd read them in a different inflection and understand better.

Cant help it if they dont listen though, their loss bruvva!

Morals have nothing to do with religion. People are taught right from wrong. It all depends on the individual. I've known preachers daughters that were anything but moral and atheists that were the opposite.

Youch!
The listeners have nothing but love for you sonny, its true. You have your own unique way about ya and its very well received.

I wish ppl in the FZ knew the personality behind the posts better, they'd read them in a different inflection and understand better.

I very much appreciate the kind words my dear friend. Thanks so much. People that really know me, know that I'm a very soft hearted person, and one that's very understanding. I mean no harm to anyone.

Morals have nothing to do with religion. People are taught right from wrong. It all depends on the individual. I've known preachers daughters that were anything but moral and atheists that were the opposite.
Im talking about a deeper question philosophically.

Not does religion give you morals.......

But does an absolute authority need to exist in order to make certain morals objective. As opposed to subjective.

Not gunna say which way I lean on that question until this evening.

Youch!

I very much appreciate the kind words my dear friend. Thanks so much. People that really know me, know that I'm a very soft hearted person, and one that's very understanding. I mean no harm to anyone.

It comes through when you talk on air.

But does an absolute authority need to exist in order to make certain morals objective. As opposed to subjective.

I'd say yes.

I'd say yes.
Are you going to call us up to elaborate, or do you care to here? No worries if not : )

Without question, the answer is a definite NO !!! ............... Morals are adopted in order to live in a civilized society, and to co-exit, period. The "authority" is an individual's understanding of the difference between right and wrong. Whether one believes in a higher authority or not, moral character comes from knowing the difference between right and wrong. The bottom line is obvious when considering both those with some belief in a higher authority, and those that don't believe in a higher authority. Look, there are people with moral character on both sides of the fence. That is an undeniable truism.

One could also say that "conscience" is the authority, but again, that only translates back to having a strong sense of right and wrong. Any way you slice the pie, it all goes back to individual practice of what each believes to be right and wrong. Morals should be defined as "what's right, and doing it". And, "what's right" can be defined as accepted behavior in order to co-exist in a civilized society. Remember, this would hold true regardless of a belief in a higher authority or not.

In the end, do we judge ourselves as to our moral character, and how we behave and co-exist in a civilized society? What behavior is there for us to compare ourselves to? Each of us know the answer to that question. In other words, what is considered to be acceptable conduct? Common sense tells us that rape, murder, stealing, molestation, cheating, assault, being dishonest, and taking unfair advantage of others, are all morally wrong. So, what do we do in order to co-exist and contribute to a civilized society in a positive manner? We conduct ourselves in a moral ( accepted moral ) manner.

I could on for hours on this subject, but you can get the jest of it from what I've already said. It's really a simple, cut-n-dry reasoning process.

Thanks sonny, thats all great perspective on the topic....im gunna be touching on a lot of what you said.

Thanks sonny, thats all great perspective on the topic....im gunna be touching on a lot of what you said.
Just giving my two cents worth. I could discuss this topic for hours.
Same. The epistomology of good vs. Bad is a fascinating topic to me.
It also relates to how we see and / or judge others. We're all guilty of judging others by our own standards of moral conduct. We have individual moral standards, and therefore look at others accordingly. The basics may be the same, generally speaking, but the "fine tuning" process is an individual preference based on our own understanding and belief in right and wrong. This is the same as saying, "what's wrong to us, may not be wrong to others". What some see as acceptable behavior, may be unacceptable to us. Moral character has the same basic foundation, but the application of those morals varies from person to person.

When considering GOD, or any higher authority as a guide and principle, it adds justification to what we believe to be "good" moral character. On the other hand, the absence of GOD, or other so-called higher authorities, doesn't mean that one can not be of "good" moral character. It's human nature to seek justification, acceptance, and a reason for our existence. Some look to GOD ( or A GOD ), and others find the same inner spiritual peace from atheism, when considering their conduct and understanding of right and wrong. We're creatures of influence. We're influenced by what others think, what other do, and how others see us. But, when all is said and done, we seek a level of moral conscience that enables us to co-exist in a civilized society.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Thanks for all the good insight, sonny.

Awesome.

T-minus 3 hours, gunna have a great show tonight. Might even have to crack some brews here in a few.

Make em wear it with pride!
59954b.jpg

i feel like its gotta be pink though.

can you re google "gay man in tiara" again and get an accurate image?>

Forum List

Back