HHHHMMMM have to wonder about this!

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
I live out in a very rural area and yesterday when my son and I went to the republican headquaters for tickets to the convention on Sunday, my son picked up a Bush/Cheney sign he wanted to put in our yard. So we brought it home and he put it in the front yard. Now last night while we were laying in bed we heard a car pull up down by the road and stop, they hit our mailbox with a baseball bat, there was a very loud twang sound, due to the fact that this is a custom made mailbox, by my husband he is a welder/fabricator and the mailbox is made out of solid steel. :happy2: Why you ask? becouse someone stole our mailbox about 5 years ago, so he decided to make one, in case some idiot got the bright idea to hit it with a baseball bat. Now the question is, was this random or Bush related? I am thinking Bush related, because I did notice a couple other mailboxes that had been hit that had Bush signs in their yard as well.

I'm figuring someone has a very sore arm this morning!!! :rotflmao:

Oh and no damage to my mailbox!!! :rotflmao:

Another Kerry plan has backfired today! :cheers2:

:arabia: Your husband must be psychic to make the mailbox impervious to Kerry supporters!

Next time we need some armed guards. :2guns:

acludem said:
If it was Bush related why didn't they steal your sign?

acludem

They were probably afraid they would end up on the news if they did that like the wife of the state congressman here in Colorado. The wife of a Democratic State Congressman was caught on tape stealing the signs of her husband's competitor as well as Bush/Cheney signs. Needless to say her husband is now losing by more than 20 points in the polls!

acludem said:
If it was Bush related why didn't they steal your sign?

acludem

Probably because they would have had to walk about 30 feet up my driveway to get to it, it is near my bedroom window and my husband opened the bedroom window and was looking out at them.

My guess is that it was Random. I've seen this done to many family members I have in various rural areas. Two have had it happen this month, one has Kerry signs, the other Bush.

acludem

I saw a large Bush sign, spray painted in red "Blood Money"

White knight said:
I saw a large Bush sign, spray painted in red "Blood Money"
Ive seen two large bush signs painted red...not sure if they say anything though cause it just happened yesterday and i havent been close enough to read. But im surprise Rep. Headquarters hasnt been hit they have signs for everything up front.

It's rediculous. Here, there's a lot of stop signs that have been vadalized with things like 'war,' 'Bush,' and a logo of the pres. with 'one term president' written below it. That's just plain illegal. It's rediculous.

khafley said:
I live out in a very rural area and yesterday when my son and I went to the republican headquaters for tickets to the convention on Sunday, my son picked up a Bush/Cheney sign he wanted to put in our yard. So we brought it home and he put it in the front yard. Now last night while we were laying in bed we heard a car pull up down by the road and stop, they hit our mailbox with a baseball bat, there was a very loud twang sound, due to the fact that this is a custom made mailbox, by my husband he is a welder/fabricator and the mailbox is made out of solid steel. :happy2: Why you ask? becouse someone stole our mailbox about 5 years ago, so he decided to make one, in case some idiot got the bright idea to hit it with a baseball bat. Now the question is, was this random or Bush related? I am thinking Bush related, because I did notice a couple other mailboxes that had been hit that had Bush signs in their yard as well.

I hope his arm fell off!!!!!

Geeze.. The worst I did was replace someone's Kerry sign with a Bush sign... It looked all out of place on a block full of Bush signs..

Someone in my mom's neighborhood painted a swatztika(sp/) on a Bush sign(not hers). Another house where people we are aquaintences with had a huge Bish sign disappear out of their front yard. We have nothing but Bush signs on oue street. There are a few Kerry supporters,but none have signs up. Kevin and I are working on one of them,he doesn't seem to be die hard.I was kind of leary at first about putting a sign up,becuase I thought it would just get stolen,but since we put ours up,3 or 4 more have popped up on top of the ones that were allready there.

Khaf,maybe you should call the local hospital and see if any young kids came in with a broken arm that night-lol!!!!!! It's sad when people have to resort to this. My mom was confronted by some young black girls on her street who just walked up to her and beged her to vote for Kerry. SHe said ladies we are Bush people. Ever since they have been eyeing her house and signs.I told her to chain her 110 pound shepard,boxer mix out in the front yard at night!!!!!

khafley said:

we don't seem to have mailbox vandals here (the kids here are pretty well behaved) but my hubby would like something like that for christmas...how much would your hubby charge for one?

khafley said:

I guess you could call it an Improvised Roadside Deterrant Device :rock:

fuzzykitten99 said:
we don't seem to have mailbox vandals here (the kids here are pretty well behaved) but my hubby would like something like that for christmas...how much would your hubby charge for one?

Not sure, I'll ask him when he gets in from work tonight and let you know.

acludem said:
My guess is that it was Random. I've seen this done to many family members I have in various rural areas. Two have had it happen this month, one has Kerry signs, the other Bush.

acludem

Yeah, it is not uncommon for this to happen in rural areas. I know some grown men that went out and did this stupid crap not long ago. They won't again because the same things happened to them with the steel mail box. However, it's odd that the only mail boxes it happened to in this case had Bush signs in their yard.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Yeah, it is not uncommon for this to happen in rural areas. I know some grown men that went out and did this stupid crap not long ago. They won't again because the same things happened to them with the steel mail box. However, it's odd that the only mail boxes it happened to in this case had Bush signs in their yard.

was that your friends driving down my road 2 nights ago? :happy2:

If so how's his arm! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

khafley said:
was that your friends driving down my road 2 nights ago? :happy2:

If so how's his arm! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Heheh. I doubt it. If anything, they would be bashing the boxes with Kerry signs in the yard. Besdies, I don't think their road trip was quite that long.

Forum List

Back