Hezbollah is the first Muslim Army to defeat Israel

and this thread is exactly the reason that israel should never allow itself to be pressured not to decimate its enemy...

the loons take it as a sign of weakness. :cuckoo:

I am not an Olmert fan, he blew this , he let an opportunity pass.

I will say that he probably knew in the end, IF they had really gone in in earnest and fought the urban battle to root hez. out, the causalities and destruction would have been huge, and it would have meant another section of land they would have had to occupy and hold.This is all problematic.

The world, driven to sympathy by the fantastic propaganda machine that the arabs employee ( and willful ignorance of those willing to buy it) and the UN would have turned it into a shonda....and in the end, in 5 years pressure would have brought hez. right back to the border.

Imho, he should have punted right from the beginning or went in for the long haul. He chose neither. He should have realized that no matter what he did, he would get hammered, so he should have swung the hammer and given the leb. army the real opportunity to slide in as they slid out, since Israel would have done what they are incapable of doing, defraying Hezbollahs power for at least a decade.

It really doesn't matter if the Arabs lose a hundred times.

Cause all they have to do is win once.

And Israel is just a footnote in the history books. :cool:
this is actually the truth
but not exactly the way you meant it

if Israel loses, the arabs would kill them all
however, Israel has no desire to kill all the arabs, not even to secure itself

How Hezbollah defeated Israel

The victory of Hezbollah in its recent conflict with Israel is far more significant than many analysts in the United States and Europe realize. The Hezbollah victory reverses the tide of 1967 - a shattering defeat of Egypt, Syria and Jordan that shifted the region’s political plates, putting in place regimes that were bent on recasting their own foreign policy to reflect Israeli and US power. That power now has been sullied and reversed, and a new leadership is emerging in the region.

The singular lesson of the conflict may well be lost on the upper echelons of Washington’s and London’s pro-Israel, pro-values, we-are-fighting-for-civilization political elites, but it is not lost in the streets of Cairo, Amman, Ramallah, Baghdad, Damascus or Tehran. It should not be lost among the Israeli political leadership in Jerusalem. The Arab armies of 1967 fought for six days and were defeated. The Hezbollah militia in Lebanon fought for 34 days and won. We saw this with our own eyes when we looked into the cafes of Cairo and Amman, where simple shopkeepers, farmers and workers gazed at television reports, sipped their tea, and silently mouthed the numbers to themselves: “seven”, “eight”, “nine” …

Conflicts Forum How Hezbollah defeated Israel

this is actually the truth
but not exactly the way you meant it

if Israel loses, the arabs would kill them all
however, Israel has no desire to kill all the arabs, not even to secure itself

QFT

Oh we understand what you want to do to us. But thank you for clarifying that even the ones who pretend moderation also want to do the same thing to us.

Thanks Sunni Man...

I wish no harm to the people of Israel.

And when the land reverts back to Palestine.

Hopefully, the muslims, christians, and jews.

Will live together and share a mutual government ran by members of all three religions.

Much like the way the government of Lebanon is set up.. :cool:

Will live together and share a mutual government ran by members of all three religions.

yeah, fat chance that would happen
if that were the case, why did all the arab nations kick all the jews out in 1948?

You know, you wouldn't have to backpedal so often if you just stopped to think a moment before you revealed your true feelings.

You know, you wouldn't have to backpedal so often if you just stopped to think a moment before you revealed your true feelings.

There you go. The problem is that his hate is not very far down and his intellectual control of his emotional outbursts is minimal at best.

A true fail. :eusa_whistle:

There you go. The problem is that his hate is not very far down and his intellectual control of his emotional outbursts is minimal at best.

A true fail. :eusa_whistle:
Indeed.

Hopefully??????????? :lol::lol:
:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Ok I'm still partying away but I like to think I still have some semblance of thought process despite the Shmirnoff.

If Heszbollah won, why did we bail out thousands of Lebanese Canadians who were not Israeli, no they were Lebanese Canadians who needed to run RUN away from Lebanon.

Why?

Because Israel was kicking Lebanons freaking ass.

EDIT TO ADD:

I have freinds on both sides of this aisle. but lets keep it real and truth out no matter what.

No offense OP No way on the planet did Hezbollah defeat Israel.

And worse for wear in this fight was the clear propaganda that we saw pro muslim.

And the press was caught out with oh little things like the arrangement of babys shoes in pictures or one of my faves from reuters with a mickey mouse doll fallen down in rubble.

Caught out so big.

I think the press lost the biggest because they were nailed time after time in this bizarro propaganda war where it was so easy to nail them.

Last edited:
I do not see how Israel has been severely defeated. I mean, come on. They are a Jewish country, in a sea of Muslim nations that want them dead. They have existed for over half a century. I think a Israel defeat would be, if the Arabian nations combined, and attacked, they might win. Although, I doubt it since Israel has a lot of connections. Especially with nations such as the US/Canada/UK/Germany/India.

they hate when israel beats their sorry butts...

so they lie and say it never happened.

What always makes me laugh about the ME is looking at a map of the place. You have these massive Muslim countries... and this little tiny strip of land that says 'Israel'. Yet that little tiny strip of land kicks the ass of everyone and anyone who dares take them on. The Israelis are the lions of the region.
:lol:

aendunjustjewoccuptation7ld.jpg

lol

I am saving this forever.

Priceless.

I've actually never seen a graphic. This says it all.

Look at that mean mean bad Israel. That giant of a country.

Cruel and unjust. I mean just look at it.
:eusa_angel:

I keep coming back to this post.

with all due respect, the best part of the history books is the longest living and best selling book on the planet.

the Bible.

Just gotta love that footnote in the history books.........

Last edited:

What always makes me laugh about the ME is looking at a map of the place. You have these massive Muslim countries... and this little tiny strip of land that says 'Israel'. Yet that little tiny strip of land kicks the ass of everyone and anyone who dares take them on. The Israelis are the lions of the region.

That. Is. :clap2: and :eusa_shhh:.

lol

I am saving this forever.

Priceless.

I've actually never seen a graphic. This says it all.

Look at that mean mean bad Israel. That giant of a country.

Cruel and unjust. I mean just look at it.
:eusa_angel:
That's from the old Protest Warrior site. :)

Arab protocol is very strict when it comes to war. After they've been handed a terrific case of Whoop Ass they must return to their capital city, hold a victory parade, make flowery speeches and hand out decorations and awards.Within 24 hours they must announce to the world their stunning victory over the infidels. Allahu Akbar.

Forum List

Back