Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
This looks very interesting:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,244002,00.html

Hezbollah Inside America: FOX News Tells All in Documentary

Thursday , January 18, 2007

By David Asman

Does any terrorist organization pose a greater threat to Americans than Al Qaeda?

The shocking answer to that question unfolds this Saturday, January 20th, at 8 p.m. EST, as FOX News Channel presents a breakthrough documentary, “Smokescreen: Hezbollah Inside America.”

While Americans are still largely focused on Al Qaeda and Usama bin Laden — who’s presumably rotting away in some cave — the terrorist group Hezbollah has been setting up shop right here in America’s heartland. And most Americans don’t know a thing about it. But we should know more about Hezbollah — a lot more.

As tensions with Iran are increasing, it’s important to keep in mind that Hezbollah is largely funded by Iran and has operated as its tool in terror operations around the world. As former Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte recently reminded us: “Hezbollah’s self-confidence and hostility toward the U.S. as a supporter of Israel could cause the group to increase its contingency planning against U.S. interests.”

But Hezbollah has been focused on U.S. interests for quite some time. In fact, Hezbollah operatives have been quietly setting up operations in the U.S. for years...

Why shouldn't it? We've allowed every Tom, Dick and Harry to come to our country, live here undocumented and we have the nerve to question the government when those "outsiders" get crossed up into some evil stuff. All the sudden all this technology used to track these everyday nice guys is not allowed since you might find out I’m cheating on my taxes or my wife or I’m into drugs And for me I could care less because I have nothing to hide. But it’s challenged by the ACLU and other special interest groups that are for the cause of freedom and keeping the government out. Yet at the same time our government is supposed to keep us safe? I find this whole thing a great big headache. We've become a great big whore for the rest of the world to use liberally and I'm one small voice yet my voice doesn't matter. If tomorrow things changed and the government was allowed to do as it felt over our borders how would it address this concern in a timely manner? How would it go after sleeper cells in our country fast and swiftly? How would our now messed up judicial system try these thugs in our land? I get the feeling more each day that this whole idea of Home Land Security is a frigging joke. Another check in the block and everything to do with the government have been restricted so much that even if a private security company came in to clean house they too would be halted over political issues that would prevent any good to come from the idea.
Off the Beltway there are 3 known sleeper cells yet they are allowed to live and move about freely with no regard to arrest or questioning? What is wrong with this picture?

I get the feeling more each day that this whole idea of Home Land Security is a frigging joke.

I couldn't agree more. The program Kathianne referenced in her post made it clear that a lot of our zeroing in on terrorist activity in this country has come by sheer luck, not through our intelligence gathering efforts or sources. Here was an operation going on right in front of everyone's noses, and no suspicions were aroused--not when a bunch of Arabs were purchasing just under the limit where, by law, paperwork would have had to be originated, not when highway policemen stopped the trucks with Arab drivers carrying the contraband, not when they applied for and obtained a sizeable loan from the Small Business Administration. Nothing more helpful and hospitable than giving them American taxpayers' money to help them finance their activities. How naive is America? And the libs and MSM are doing all they can to dumb down Americans even more regarding this relentless and determined enemy--and they are succeeding.

• Thanks
Reactions: 90K

Forum List

Back