Heya- call me Soda

TomRoark1985

Rookie
Jul 30, 2011
Hey all, the name's Tom but i've always been called Soda. Nickname doesnt have an origin, just happened and the damn name has followed me through life so far hah. This whole debt crisis got me pissed off so i figured if i didnt't know the facts and wasnt trying to make things better, then i'm makin it worse. This is my first step! Good meetin ya'll, ya seem like a good bunch.

I believe it started as soda pop... Youll have to ask one of my parents friends that bestowed the name upon me, however i do think he was on his second glass of wine as well
or third
or... Eh, well you might as well not ask

Welcome Soda......Tom!!!
Did you ever see an old movie called The Outsiders??
Great movie starring a young Patrick Swayze....Ralph Macchio......I think Emilio Estevez was in it, and a gent named C. Thomas Howell, he played a character named Soda Pop!

I believe it started as soda pop... Youll have to ask one of my parents friends that bestowed the name upon me, however i do think he was on his second glass of wine as well
or third

Ever read the book "The Outsiders" by SE Hinton? There's a character in it called Soda Pop Curtis. Maybe your parents' friend was a fan.

Hey all, the name's Tom but i've always been called Soda. Nickname doesnt have an origin, just happened and the damn name has followed me through life so far hah. This whole debt crisis got me pissed off so i figured if i didnt't know the facts and wasnt trying to make things better, then i'm makin it worse. This is my first step! Good meetin ya'll, ya seem like a good bunch.

nawww, there is ALWAYS a story behind a nickname. Maybe that was the first word you said, after Mom of course.

Welcome aboard, be prepared to have a good time :lol:

or third

Ever read the book "The Outsiders" by SE Hinton? There's a character in it called Soda Pop Curtis. Maybe your parents' friend was a fan.

Probably the movie I was talking about :)

or third

Probably the movie I was talking about :)

My bad, Dabs, I completely missed your post. You are correct, of course, the movie is based on the book. The movie was ok, but, if you haven't read the book, you should. One minor correction to your post though, C.Thomas Howell played Pony Boy, Rob Lowe was Soda. The rest of the case was Ralph Macchio as Johnny, Emilio Estevez as Two-Bit, Matt Dillon as Dallas, Tom Cruise as Steve and Patrick Swayze as Darry.

SE Hinton books were among my favorites growing up (and still are). Can you tell?

I must admit, i was looking for a political forum,
but I guess a comedic forum is just as good.

Good to be welcome boys! Once i figure out the rep system ill try to return the favor hah

Forum List

Back