Hey...

I think the second amendment was written in a time when a Brown Bess was a common firearm, not the AR-15.
If the Constitution were written now the AR-15 and the Glock WOULD be the common firearm. That's why we must have them, and more.
I think there are too many precedents in place where congress has regulated and limited firearms for the constitutional argument to hold any water.
There's a REASON Free Speech and Gun Ownership are #1 and #2 in the Bill of Rights: They're the most important.
No Gun ownership to protect your Speech Rights: No Rights At All.
Bad Court Decisions that eat into our Rights doesn't make it OK.
And I am not anti gun. I own guns. I just would like a discussion centered around what is right for the country (both gun owners and non owners alike) and not an old document.
That "Old Document" is the ONLY REASON you are not a Slave right now.

Better start respecting it and protecting it, even if you don't understand it.

Only because this is a Welcome Thread do I not Neg you.

An old document? That is how you look at the COTUS? So i guess that just means muskets and one shot pistols to defend ourself against the gov't with tanks, m-80s, Rocket l;aunchers etc?

I think the idea of defending yourself against the government is a hopeless and defeatist notion.

You cannot hope to pull it off. That is my whole point. And why the document is outdated. To truly defend ourselves from the government, every American would need their own personal nuke. Think that is a good idea?

And we do still live in a democracy. We get the government we collectively vote for, like it or not.

I think the idea of defending yourself against the government is a hopeless and defeatist notion.

Welcome my little pretty and please do join the debate. *Dreamy licks her lips and giggles. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back