Hey...

Underhill

Jan 17, 2013
Nowhere, WNY
Some of you may know me from another political forum that has been out of commission...

I am a skeptic with no ties to any particular belief system. To summarize my political views, I believe both sides are wrong 80% of the time, and the other 20, they aren't trying all that hard.

What is your outlook on that?

I think the second amendment was written in a time when a Brown Bess was a common firearm, not the AR-15.

I think there are too many precedents in place where congress has regulated and limited firearms for the constitutional argument to hold any water.

And I am not anti gun. I own guns. I just would like a discussion centered around what is right for the country (both gun owners and non owners alike) and not an old document.

An old document? That is how you look at the COTUS? So i guess that just means muskets and one shot pistols to defend ourself against the gov't with tanks, m-80s, Rocket l;aunchers etc?

An old document? That is how you look at the COTUS? So i guess that just means muskets and one shot pistols to defend ourself against the gov't with tanks, m-80s, Rocket l;aunchers etc?

I think the idea of defending yourself against the government is a hopeless and defeatist notion.

You cannot hope to pull it off. That is my whole point. And why the document is outdated. To truly defend ourselves from the government, every American would need their own personal nuke. Think that is a good idea?

And we do still live in a democracy. We get the government we collectively vote for, like it or not.

I think the idea of defending yourself against the government is a hopeless and defeatist notion.

You cannot hope to pull it off. That is my whole point. And why the document is outdated. To truly defend ourselves from the government, every American would need their own personal nuke. Think that is a good idea?

And we do still live in a democracy. We get the government we collectively vote for, like it or not.

There are 200+ million guns in America. There are roughly 4 million police officers, navy, marines, army etc. YOu think they would have a chance? And besides, how many do you think would still be on the gov't side if that happens? They defend our freedoms. A tyranical gov't is not freedom

There are 200+ million guns in America. There are roughly 4 million police officers, navy, marines, army etc. YOu think they would have a chance? And besides, how many do you think would still be on the gov't side if that happens? They defend our freedoms. A tyranical gov't is not freedom

I might buy that if I thought there was any chance of it happening. But there isn't.

We can't get half the country off the couch to vote. Less than a quarter vote in primaries. What makes you think we could get any serious numbers to commit to open rebellion? And as bad as some of you think it is now, I doubt many people would seriously want our country to devolve into a civil war.

If so they haven't read their history books. It's no picnic.

I might buy that if I thought there was any chance of it happening. But there isn't.

We can't get half the country off the couch to vote. Less than a quarter vote in primaries. What makes you think we could get any serious numbers to commit to open rebellion? And as bad as some of you think it is now, I doubt many people would seriously want our country to devolve into a civil war.

If so they haven't read their history books. It's no picnic.

It is true. America is a lazy fatass spoiled country. When things actually happen, you never know.

Forum List

Back