Hey you black folks: Quit acting like whitey, yo

I can’t see you. Also, it might be interesting to find out that a person is from Orlando rather than Tampa.
You dont need to see me. What is your mental picture/expectation of how a person from the US looks?

If you want to know what city I am from then ask me that specifically. :)
Ok, I will count you as being offended by the question.
You did the white guy deflection thing. its like a white guy disease. :)
Perhaps, but I did ask in my previous post if anyone was offended by the question, to which you did not give a direct answer. In fact you didn’t answer either question in my previous post, so it appears you are quite agile at deflecting yourself.
No. I neglected to read that sentence in my haste to answer your first question. I am not offended. Now what is your mental picture of what a person from the US looks like?
Considering the diversity of the US, I don’t have that mental picture you are requesting. Also, if I ask someone where he is from, it doesn’t necessary mean I think he is from another country.

Funny. She doesn't look very black to me. Why has she taken it upon herself to be the self-appointed spokesperson for how African-Americans should conduct themselves?

Teachers must prevent students of color from acting and talking like White people

The SIT Graduate Institute recently published a thesis paper calling for educators to "promote racial identity exploration" so that students of color don't "assimilate to whiteness."

Without active, ongoing efforts to cultivate ethnic pride, the paper warns, immigrants and students of color will “begin to see how society works” and learn to emulate those “whose behavior is acceptable and rewarded.”

Academic: Teachers must prevent 'assimilation' of 'whiteness'

Even the most Uncle Tim black on earth has not come close to acting like whitey.

Funny. She doesn't look very black to me. Why has she taken it upon herself to be the self-appointed spokesperson for how African-Americans should conduct themselves?

Teachers must prevent students of color from acting and talking like White people

The SIT Graduate Institute recently published a thesis paper calling for educators to "promote racial identity exploration" so that students of color don't "assimilate to whiteness."

Without active, ongoing efforts to cultivate ethnic pride, the paper warns, immigrants and students of color will “begin to see how society works” and learn to emulate those “whose behavior is acceptable and rewarded.”

Even the most Uncle Tim black on earth has not come close to acting like whitey.
Is Uncle Tim Tom's brother?

Is Uncle Tim Tom's brother?

He's a typo.

You dont need to see me. What is your mental picture/expectation of how a person from the US looks?

Perhaps, but I did ask in my previous post if anyone was offended by the question, to which you did not give a direct answer. In fact you didn’t answer either question in my previous post, so it appears you are quite agile at deflecting yourself.
No. I neglected to read that sentence in my haste to answer your first question. I am not offended. Now what is your mental picture of what a person from the US looks like?
Considering the diversity of the US, I don’t have that mental picture you are requesting. Also, if I ask someone where he is from, it doesn’t necessary mean I think he is from another country.
If youre asking the question you need to make that clear by asking specifically what state, city, or neighborhood a person is from. Simply asking a non white person where they are from is ambiguous and open to interpretation. That interpretation is going to be affected by white racism.

If youre asking the question you need to make that clear by asking specifically what state, city, or neighborhood a person is from. Simply asking a non white person where they are from is ambiguous and open to interpretation. That interpretation is going to be affected by white racism.
Since I am not limited to just one question and I can ask follow up questions by having a conversation.....I am calling bull shit.

Since I am not limited to just one question and I can ask follow up questions by having a conversation.....I am calling bull shit.
Doesnt matter what you call. If you fuck up from jump street by asking a stupid racist question you wont be having a positive conversation. You need to learn better communication techniques if you want to have a good conversation.

Doesnt matter what you call. If you fuck up from jump street by asking a stupid racist question you wont be having a positive conversation. You need to learn better communication techniques if you want to have a good conversation.
"Where are you from?" is not a racist question. Those that want to make believe that it is a racist question are full of shit.

This is a smart cookie. She gets it if she is actually white.

I think she's probably a Middle Easterner. I'd probably give her a good dicking as long as she wasn't too hairy.

I just think it's ludicrous when non-black people think they know what's best for black people. Assimilation is what made this country so great. How many famous white musicians would have made it if they hadn't ripped off the sounds black musicians were making?
White musicians stealing Black music isnt assimilation. What you are talking about is cultural appropriation. In order to assimilate you have change your culture to reflect the dominant culture. The only Blacks that are willing to abandon our culture typically are sellouts.
In other words, successful.

I think she's probably a Middle Easterner. I'd probably give her a good dicking as long as she wasn't too hairy.

I just think it's ludicrous when non-black people think they know what's best for black people. Assimilation is what made this country so great. How many famous white musicians would have made it if they hadn't ripped off the sounds black musicians were making?
White musicians stealing Black music isnt assimilation. What you are talking about is cultural appropriation. In order to assimilate you have change your culture to reflect the dominant culture. The only Blacks that are willing to abandon our culture typically are sellouts.

No, sellouts. You don't seem to understand that there are plenty of successful blacks who don't waste time sniffing whiteys ass.

No, sellouts. You don't seem to understand that there are plenty of successful blacks who don't waste time sniffing whiteys ass.
Oh, Uncle Tom's! Oreo cookies, house niggas and whatnot! I get it.

You don't seem to understand that there are plenty of successful blacks who don't waste time sniffing whiteys ass.
So you're saying that there are plenty of black people who DO spend time sniffing whitey's ass? Um... ok, if you say so.

You don't seem to understand that there are plenty of successful blacks who don't waste time sniffing whiteys ass.
So you're saying that there are plenty of black people who DO spend time sniffing whitey's ass? Um... ok, if you say so.

.No, I said there are plenty of successful blacks that don't.

Oh, Uncle Tom's! Oreo cookies, house niggas and whatnot! I get it.

Yep. Because I haven't spent one day "acting white", have a masters degree, helped build 3 organizations, retired at age 52 and I have never been called a sellout, tom or house boy.

Yes. Cant you tell by looking at me I am from the US?
I can’t see you. Also, it might be interesting to find out that a person is from Orlando rather than Tampa.

I think there's a smiley just for you..

:afro:
Looks more like Kapernick. USMB is racist because it doesnt have Black emojis.

That's an Asian conspiracy. The happy ones are all yellow. Besides -- WHITE emojis just don't work on message boards. Here's a White emoji "fuck you" ------->>>> <<<-------- Pretty lame.

What's with this "assimilation" deal? Must we divvy up every possible life choice and artistic expression and put them into colored baskets? Why can't culture be 80% shared and 20% racial/ethnic/religious identity?
Because people like to bitch and whine.

Forum List

Back