hey ya'll... from Iraq

Shooter1/1

Rookie
Sep 5, 2008
I am not good at long descriptions of who I am so I will just give you a run down

Male 30-35
Marine Vet
Rep (raised by dems)
love pork and other things that offend Muslims, like Jesus and having one wife.
am working in Iraq as a civ.
and I love a good informed Debate!
pm me if you want further info.

I am not good at long descriptions of who I am so I will just give you a run down

Male 30-35
Marine Vet
Rep (raised by dems)

You realize if your not a "mercenary" by our board leftists description they will still claim you are. Hello by the way.

Guns, many thanks, I look forward to being called a merc, even if I do work for the state dept.

CSM I enjoy your posts and look forward to more.

JLA well... um... YO to you too.

2rofll.gif

Male 30-35
Marine Vet
Rep (raised by dems)

welcome to the board shooter! I hope you are staying safe!

Male 30-35
Marine Vet
Rep (raised by dems)

`you like to offend people when you are a guest in there country,,yet you claim to be a christen ? or at least have a liking for Jesus ? so if you get offed over there..would you prefer the 7 virgins or milk and honey in the fullfy white clouds of heaven,,, with the angels ...just wondering

Am I a guest or an invader and occupier? as for there version of heaven I like mine better the one where I don't get in with the virgins because I forced my religion on others. you see I would much rather coexsist with all peoples with the understanding that we can all get along and that most of the tenents of our chosen forms of worship are about the same things. I can do that with many of the worlds religions and other forms of worship and I can do that because they do not require that I be killed because I dont prey to a rock as they do. so um in short, screw um!

`you like to offend people when you are a guest in there country,,yet you claim to be a christen ? or at least have a liking for Jesus ? so if you get offed over there..would you prefer the 7 virgins or milk and honey in the fullfy white clouds of heaven,,, with the angels ...just wondering

You know how supportive those libs are of our men and women in uniform...if you don't, just take a look.....

Am I a guest or an invader and occupier? as for there version of heaven I like mine better the one where I don't get in with the virgins because I forced my religion on others. you see I would much rather coexsist with all peoples with the understanding that we can all get along and that most of the tenents of our chosen forms of worship are about the same things. I can do that with many of the worlds religions and other forms of worship and I can do that because they do not require that I be killed because I dont prey to a rock as they do. so um in short, screw um!

No wonder we've been so successful winning hearts and minds. :eusa_eh:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came. He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors." The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day. Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

You know how supportive those libs are of our men and women in uniform...if you don't, just take a look.....

hey stupid, he's not in uniform, he's a civilian. :cuckoo:

Shooter, I'm not sure why you'd go out of your way to offend the Muslims if you say

I would much rather coexsist with all peoples with the understanding that we can all get along and that most of the tenents of our chosen forms of worship are about the same things.

I've always found you have to give respect to get respect. You are in fact a vistor in a country other than your own and IMO you should at the very least not intentionally offend people. It makes Americans looks bad and as a representative of the U.S. I'd hope you would behave in a manner which brings honor to the men and women who put their lives on the line, much like you did when you served. Because by doing otherwise you put them at greater risk by fanning the flames of annimosity and discontent in an already hostile environment.

That is just the opinion of a liberal though so take it for what you will.

ever hear of the arc of the new covenent? just a thought, I mean it is easy to find a wrathfull god in the old testememt. might want to slip a little deeper into the new one. just a thought, wow and I thought I was angry

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came. He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors." The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day. Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

Actually, what it says is "Dedicate yourselves today to the LORD—for every man has been against his son and against his brother—in order that He may bestow a blessing upon you today".

Exodus 32 New American Standard Bible

The part about being up against sons and brothers is offset.. it's what they have to atone for.

Heya shooter ...

Ramadan is coming up ... when I was over there they stepped up their mortar attacks around that time ... stay safe.

Based on your age is my guess correct that you didn't retire after 20 and instead separated to go civilian? If so, why did you decide to go that route?

Silence,
your point is good and I understand the concept that you put forth, however, this shows a lack of understanding of the iraqi people. I choose to show them that I am an american with my beliefs this shows strength to them and though they may not like me they do respect strength. the prevailing winds in the mid east from the time the brits left is that the west is weak and that the people are stupid, so you get dictators. people rulled by dictators become very hard to deal with when using a kind word and a soft hand. it is better I display fortitude this way rather than gunbarrel diplomacy

Silence,
your point is good and I understand the concept that you put forth, however, this shows a lack of understanding of the iraqi people. I choose to show them that I am an american with my beliefs this shows strength to them and though they may not like me they do respect strength. the prevailing winds in the mid east from the time the brits left is that the west is weak and that the people are stupid, so you get dictators. people rulled by dictators become very hard to deal with when using a kind word and a soft hand. it is better I display fortitude this way rather than gunbarrel diplomacy

just out of curiousity, what "beliefs" do you believe show them you're an American?

Forum List

Back