Hey, they're not MY words, they're the Bible's

R

rdean

Chris Trumbull painted the words "Leviticus 20:13, To be gay = death" on his fence. Trumbull said the message is the Bible's, not his.

The exact passage reads, "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

"I put it up because society is not looking at the truth," Trumbull told the Casper Star-Tribune.

City Allows Anti-Gay Message To Stay - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Conservative feel so good about spreading this bullshit.

Hey, it's not MY words, it's in the Bible.

With children, certainly a percentage of them who are gay, walking by a "death threat" every day, nice.

Well, it's probably a good idea for these children to know that there are a lot of conservatives out there who want them dead. It makes them more careful. Instead of being a target like Mathew Shepard.

It called for Death for the Adulteress that was about to be stoned as well for her deeds according to the old testament, but you tell me what Jesus said to those men and you tell me if the lady was stoned as the Old testament said should be done to her or what Jesus did....?

A sign could be put up calling for the death of adulterers according to the laws of leviticus in the old testament as well....

I can guarantee one thing....Christ would NOT support the sign....unless of course, all those condemning others to death, are free from sin themselves....

If right wingers want to use the Hebrew scriptures as absolute truth, they have a real problem.

Abortion...the law of jealousies. Num 5:29-30

According to this law, if a husband suspects that his wife has been unfaithful, he can force her to submit to a trial by ordeal. The woman must then drink a holy potion made with water and dust from the floor of the tabernacle. If the woman is innocent, drinking the bitter water that brings curses will not affect her. If the woman is guilty, she will become ill and any fetus she carries in her womb will miscarry.

All that's needed to set this ordeal in motion is suspicion on the part of the husband. Wives do not have the right to do the same to husbands because this option is for males only.

are any, any at all of these religious laws in affect today? for either jews or christians?

are any, any at all of these religious laws in affect today? for either jews or christians?

Well, I always am puzzled by those who go on and on about the 10 commandments being the basis of our laws...when our laws only cover 2 out of the 10....the same 2 covered by all countries, not even "Judeo-Christian" countries.

In this country or any country? I think Uganda has mandatory "capital punishment" for anyone unlucky enough to be born gay. I believe they are mostly Christian, but I could be wrong.

Well, I always am puzzled by those who go on and on about the 10 commandments being the basis of our laws...when our laws only cover 2 out of the 10....the same 2 covered by all countries, not even "Judeo-Christian" countries.

''Do unto others, as you would want them to do unto you.'' the basis of many different religions, pretty much covers justice...

and the idea of not over punishing, ''an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth etc'' is a concept that we also use in determining our sentencing for breaking the law....whether it is JUST or fair and not over bearing for the crime, but equal to the crime....is a religious concept imo....

But i would never say our laws had Christian or Judeo laws specifically as you say those on the right claim....

care

''Do unto others, as you would want them to do unto you.'' the basis of many different religions, pretty much covers justice...

and the idea of not over punishing, ''an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth etc'' is a concept that we also use in determining our sentencing for breaking the law....whether it is JUST or fair and not over bearing for the crime, but equal to the crime....is a religious concept imo....

But i would never say our laws had Christian or Judeo laws specifically as you say those on the right claim....

care
I've heard it more times than I can count...and then sometimes the "Moses and the 10 Commandments are on our government buildings cause we are a Christian nation" garbage.

Forum List

Back