Hey, the new democrat Assault weapon ban makes your semi auto pistol illegal......

Yep.....they will make your semi auto pistol, your Glock, Sig, Beretta, Smith and Wesson pistol.....illegal........they have upped their game...and you thought they only wanted to ban all rifles....

Senate Democrats introduce new ban on 'assault weapons'

Moving past singling out specific firearms, it would also ban semi-auto handguns and rifles with a detachable magazine and only one “military characteristics” such as a pistol grip, telescoping or folding stock, or threaded barrel.

how is "assault weapon" defined?

no doubt guns.com is a reliable source. :rofl:

So you, as with all the rest of you, don't have a clue.

I think jillian should get the death sentence for the way she murders the English language.

Yep.....they will make your semi auto pistol, your Glock, Sig, Beretta, Smith and Wesson pistol.....illegal........they have upped their game...and you thought they only wanted to ban all rifles....

Moving past singling out specific firearms, it would also ban semi-auto handguns and rifles with a detachable magazine and only one “military characteristics” such as a pistol grip, telescoping or folding stock, or threaded barrel.

So you, as with all the rest of you, don't have a clue.

all the rest of whom, nutter butter? that was a serious question given that the last AWB had screwed up definitions.

why don't you stay quiet unless you have something to say that isn't idiocy. mmmkay?

Little by little.

The ultimate objective is for you to keep only one single-shot, bolt-action, .22 rifle, chambered for Short, and to bear it only to federally supervised target ranges in a locked case with the bolt removed. You will be restricted to ammunition purchased at the range and all must be expended there or surrendered before leaving.

As repressive as all of that seems it does not violate the Second Amendment, which entitles us to keep and bear firearms. Each and every one of these bans and restrictions moves us closer to this rather comical but very real potential. Because there are many leftist politicians who would not hesitate to impose those very conditions on us. The likes of Charles Schumer is but one example. There are many more.
The ultimate objective is no guns therefore no gun deaths.

Ha how is that working for France, Britain, Mexico...pretty much every country outside of Switzerland, us, Israel.

Little by little.

The ultimate objective is for you to keep only one single-shot, bolt-action, .22 rifle, chambered for Short, and to bear it only to federally supervised target ranges in a locked case with the bolt removed. You will be restricted to ammunition purchased at the range and all must be expended there or surrendered before leaving.

As repressive as all of that seems it does not violate the Second Amendment, which entitles us to keep and bear firearms. Each and every one of these bans and restrictions moves us closer to this rather comical but very real potential. Because there are many leftist politicians who would not hesitate to impose those very conditions on us. The likes of Charles Schumer is but one example. There are many more.

You forgot to mention that only elitist will be able to own any guns, like in Germany, and the peasants can only buy sling-shots!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It will go nowhere.
You hope and so do I.

And if it should by some nefarious machination, there will be no compliance.

What will they do then?
If they start arresting and imposing serious penalties compliance will follow. The biggest problem America has today is the divisive nature of its population.

I am old enough to remember when America was a very different Nation. Things like the Second Amendment meant something to citizens -- even those who weren't necessarily interested in guns. It was the Constitution they revered. With very few exceptions it's not like that today. The people are separated from each other, divided by economic, racial, political, and other concerns, and the government has expanded its influence dramatically.

Today the average citizen is confronted by a mammoth law-enforcement establishment which has grown very gradually, little by little. If, back in the fifties, I could have seen a preview of what government of 2017 would be like it would have scared the shit out of me. Back then, Big Brother was a fantastic notion in Orwell's, Nineteen Eighty Four. Today it is all too real. Back then the People were in control. Today the People wouldn't stand a chance against the transition to tyranny. Today's government is irresistible.

1984 is long past but Nineteen Eighty Four has been upon us for quite some time and it grows stronger every day.
In the early sixties my friends and I used to hitch-hike with our 303s, because we were too young to drive, with our camping gear to hunt elk and deer.
We'd hunt and camp and when we had enough game we'd hike a few miles back to the nearest road and wait for someone in a pickup truck to take our game back to the ranches where we lived.
NO ONE EVER was accidently shot that I ever heard of.

Little by little.

The ultimate objective is no guns therefore no gun deaths.

You know....genius....there was a time in human history when guns did not exist.....and in that time, the strong raped, murdered and enslaved the weak....they butchered the weak at will....

So....you obviously are not a serious person......
Just like the Islamofascists are doing now all over the world.

Hmm, my next purchase is a revolver. :banana:

I do plan on a semi 20-gauge after that, though.
Excellent choice!
I only own 'wheel guns' as hand guns.
There's nothing more terrifying than being shot at and having a semi jam.
Also when you have less rounds you instinctively use better judgement before firing.
IMO one of the very best is the S&W J Frame.

Handguns should be illegal for civilian use. The only legal firearms for civilians should be single shot rifles and shotguns for hunters.
And what do you recommend the criminals use?

Handguns should be illegal for civilian use. The only legal firearms for civilians should be single shot rifles and shotguns for hunters.
And what do you recommend the criminals use?

Potatoes!

Hmm, my next purchase is a revolver. :banana:

I do plan on a semi 20-gauge after that, though.
Excellent choice!
I only own 'wheel guns' as hand guns.
There's nothing more terrifying than being shot at and having a semi jam.
Also when you have less rounds you instinctively use better judgement before firing.
IMO one of the very best is the S&W J Frame.

I'm not a "handgun" type of dude. I used to carry a Lorcin .25 in my pocket for a while.

It kept some unsavory characters away from my truck back in the day.

Now, I guess I'll be having a pistol in my pocket again.

Hammer on empty chamber, yeah, I'm doing it.

The correct choice is a S&W Model 29.
That's the Dirty Harry gun. Very powerful. I've put six rounds through one and I didn't like the recoil. I felt like I would need a hell of a lot of practice to get used to it.

No doubt it's a good gun to carry if you're going where there are bears. Otherwise I feel it simply isn't practical for anything else. One shot throws you completely off your aiming or pointing platform and it takes a lot of muscle to recover from.
Not to mention the fucking HEAT that's generated!!!!
You fire off all the rounds in quick succession and you can fry an egg with the end of the barrel.
NOT a gun for rapid fire contact.

[...]

a 9mm auto would be cheaper and I have craptons of 9mm, but the "one-in-the-pipe" thing makes me nervous.

[...]
9mm is a relatively low-energy, light-impact round. I've always wondered why Luger and DWM chose that round for it's classic military handgun. Many knowledgeable gunners insist that the Colt Model 1911, .45 automatic is the perfect military handgun. Hits hard. Plenty of stopping power.

You wanna catch one? I certainly don't.

Semi-auto plastic .45, nothing in the chamber, Federal Hydrashoks in the magazine. Big slow round diminishes chance of pass-through with good knock-down power.

Backup semi-auto .32, ditto load.

No reason to court scoliosis carrying famous movie guns. :laugh:
I saw some moron at the firing range shot on round from his 'Dirty Harry' gun. He held the gun sideways and his arm raised above his head.
When I saw what he was about to do I said to my friend: "Watch this".
The moron pulled the trigger and the recoil broke his fucking wrist! HAAA HAAAAA!

The correct choice is a S&W Model 29.
That's the Dirty Harry gun. Very powerful. I've put six rounds through one and I didn't like the recoil. I felt like I would need a hell of a lot of practice to get used to it.

No doubt it's a good gun to carry if you're going where there are bears. Otherwise I feel it simply isn't practical for anything else. One shot throws you completely off your aiming or pointing platform and it takes a lot of muscle to recover from.

Not to mention the fucking HEAT that's generated!!!!
You fire off all the rounds in quick succession and you can fry an egg with the end of the barrel.
NOT a gun for rapid fire contact.

I have fired probably 25,000+ rounds through it...never noticed that being a problem. Seen my uncle make six shots in 3-4 seconds with it dozens of times with no trouble...and usually, 5-10 minutes after shooting it, it was back in his holster.

It's an accurate pistol, too.

Little by little.

The ultimate goal is to repeal the second amendment

it's so cute how you've sucked up all that NRA Kool aid
I don't know how many times I have to tell you two dimensional thinkers that I am not nor have I ever been a member of the NRA.

But just look at the history of the gun ban freaks

So called assault rifles which are nothing but semiautomatic rifles now this bill which calls for banning all rifles and handguns with detachable magazines and all magazines that can hold 10 rounds.

So you see the actions of the control freaks shows that the ban on so called assault weapons was the first step in their goal to ban all semiautomatic weapons. The ultimate goal is to repeal the second amendment.

We`re going after your fishing pole too!

They've already done that. Now you gotta get with the state befor you can take a day off and go fishing.

Really? When's the last time they were out there?

I bet the ones that put those laws in place would make decent chum.

The problem is the definition keeps changing.

Anyone who knows anything about guns knows a military grade rifle is capable of full auto fire.

But idiots that want to ban rifles that are not military rifles say that any rifle that cosmetically resembles a military rifle should be banned regardless of the fact that rifle types are defined by their firing mechanisms and not their cosmetic appearance.

[...]

a 9mm auto would be cheaper and I have craptons of 9mm, but the "one-in-the-pipe" thing makes me nervous.

[...]
9mm is a relatively low-energy, light-impact round. I've always wondered why Luger and DWM chose that round for it's classic military handgun. Many knowledgeable gunners insist that the Colt Model 1911, .45 automatic is the perfect military handgun. Hits hard. Plenty of stopping power.

Actually, with standard powder loads, a 9mm and a .45ACP have similar KE. One of the hotter 9mm rounds is similar to a typical .357 Magnum.

Forum List

Back