Hey, the new democrat Assault weapon ban makes your semi auto pistol illegal......

You brought up Waco as a reference, not me. I simply rejected it as non-comparative.

It's likely we'll never know. An attempt to ban firearms in this country would lead to open warfare, and no politician will risk it.
You're thinking of America the way it used to be -- not the way it's become.

Well, it's kinda etched in stone what I'm getting. If I was getting what I wanted, it'd be a 6.5" Judge.
I didn't know what it is so I looked it up. Some hunk of gun. Are you a big fellow?

Not particularly. A Dan Wesson .44 has too big of a handle for me.

Ruger Security six fits just right. I think the Judge is similar to that.
What I dislike about anything bigger than .357 is the relatively massive recoil which makes recovery a bit more difficult. This is no problem if you can confidently achieve your purpose with one shot, or at very close range. But if not you'll want to recover as rapidly as possible but still deliver a powerful impact with each successive shot. Which = .357.

Handguns heavier than .357, e.g., .44, .50, 410 ga., are recommended for close encounters, such as with an aggressive bear. But for shots beyond three or four yards you want a caliber that enables rapid recovery to your aiming or pointing platform. A heavy caliber gun will not allow that unless you are extremely large with big, powerfully-muscled arms and hands.

Oh, I loved that .357. Perfect in every way. It was loaned to a brother for home protection, who then sold it. :blowup:

I'm getting a .38 non-special.

I want a wheel gun because I want something ready-to-shoot that's relatively safe. Keep hammer on empty chamber, you have 5 shots.

a 9mm auto would be cheaper and I have craptons of 9mm, but the "one-in-the-pipe" thing makes me nervous.

I don't want any accidental discharges, had enough of those. :rolleyes:

I thought this would only come about if the hildabeast was president.
Looks like the dems don't care anymore about being elected

Little by little.

The ultimate objective is for you to keep only one single-shot, bolt-action, .22 rifle, chambered for Short, and to bear it only to federally supervised target ranges in a locked case with the bolt removed. You will be restricted to ammunition purchased at the range and all must be expended there or surrendered before leaving.

As repressive as all of that seems it does not violate the Second Amendment, which entitles us to keep and bear firearms. Each and every one of these bans and restrictions moves us closer to this rather comical but very real potential. Because there are many leftist politicians who would not hesitate to impose those very conditions on us. The likes of Charles Schumer is but one example. There are many more.
The ultimate objective is no guns therefore no gun deaths.

Except that people would resort to other sorts of violence

Yep.....they will make your semi auto pistol, your Glock, Sig, Beretta, Smith and Wesson pistol.....illegal........they have upped their game...and you thought they only wanted to ban all rifles....

Senate Democrats introduce new ban on 'assault weapons'

Moving past singling out specific firearms, it would also ban semi-auto handguns and rifles with a detachable magazine and only one “military characteristics” such as a pistol grip, telescoping or folding stock, or threaded barrel.

Handguns should be illegal for civilian use. The only legal firearms for civilians should be single shot rifles and shotguns for hunters.

Then repeal the 2nd amendment. Until then go pound sand.

Yep.....they will make your semi auto pistol, your Glock, Sig, Beretta, Smith and Wesson pistol.....illegal........they have upped their game...and you thought they only wanted to ban all rifles....

Moving past singling out specific firearms, it would also ban semi-auto handguns and rifles with a detachable magazine and only one “military characteristics” such as a pistol grip, telescoping or folding stock, or threaded barrel.

It will go nowhere.

And if it should by some nefarious machination, there will be no compliance.

What will they do then?

It will go nowhere. At this point its probably more about indoctrinating younger generations to fear guns and be receptive to a total ban one day when they are running things. had Hillary been elected you can bet the conversation would be much further down the road.

Sure am glad i have six shooters and a sniper rifle which is bolt action.

The next step will be to take away your six shooter as you don't need six shots to defend yourself.
That is true as my hands are registered weapons.

Registered where?

You brought up Waco as a reference, not me. I simply rejected it as non-comparative.

It's likely we'll never know. An attempt to ban firearms in this country would lead to open warfare, and no politician will risk it.
You're thinking of America the way it used to be -- not the way it's become.

I'm thinking of human nature, and the rule of law. Not all laws are lawful.

[...]

a 9mm auto would be cheaper and I have craptons of 9mm, but the "one-in-the-pipe" thing makes me nervous.

[...]
9mm is a relatively low-energy, light-impact round. I've always wondered why Luger and DWM chose that round for it's classic military handgun. Many knowledgeable gunners insist that the Colt Model 1911, .45 automatic is the perfect military handgun. Hits hard. Plenty of stopping power.

The next step will be to take away your six shooter as you don't need six shots to defend yourself.

As are your gaseous emissions, I am sure.

Well, it's kinda etched in stone what I'm getting. If I was getting what I wanted, it'd be a 6.5" Judge.
I didn't know what it is so I looked it up. Some hunk of gun. Are you a big fellow?

What I dislike about anything bigger than .357 is the relatively massive recoil which makes recovery a bit more difficult. This is no problem if you can confidently achieve your purpose with one shot, or at very close range. But if not you'll want to recover as rapidly as possible but still deliver a powerful impact with each successive shot. Which = .357.

Handguns heavier than .357, e.g., .44, .50, 410 ga., are recommended for close encounters, such as with an aggressive bear. But for shots beyond three or four yards you want a caliber that enables rapid recovery to your aiming or pointing platform. A heavy caliber gun will not allow that unless you are extremely large with big, powerfully-muscled arms and hands.

Oh, I loved that .357. Perfect in every way. It was loaned to a brother for home protection, who then sold it. :blowup:

I want a wheel gun because I want something ready-to-shoot that's relatively safe. Keep hammer on empty chamber, you have 5 shots.

Try desensitizing cream.

Registered where?

In the housewares department at Target for a friend's upcoming nuptials I'm sure!

The correct choice is a S&W Model 29.
That's the Dirty Harry gun. Very powerful. I've put six rounds through one and I didn't like the recoil. I felt like I would need a hell of a lot of practice to get used to it.

No doubt it's a good gun to carry if you're going where there are bears. Otherwise I feel it simply isn't practical for anything else. One shot throws you completely off your aiming or pointing platform and it takes a lot of muscle to recover from.

Try desensitizing cream.

Common sense tells me that's not something that would work.

This is my home defense weapon - S&W 686 Plus - 7 shot wheel gun. Incredibly reliable, easy to use, and shoots 38 or 357 magnum rounds. It's a hand cannon.

3886956_01_s_w_model_686_6_plus_4_inch_35_640.jpg

Try desensitizing cream.

It would make it difficult to know if your finger was on the trigger!

Try desensitizing cream.

It would make it difficult to know if your finger was on the trigger!

That just might not help with accidental discharges. They do happen.

Little by little.

The ultimate objective is for you to keep only one single-shot, bolt-action, .22 rifle, chambered for Short, and to bear it only to federally supervised target ranges in a locked case with the bolt removed. You will be restricted to ammunition purchased at the range and all must be expended there or surrendered before leaving.

As repressive as all of that seems it does not violate the Second Amendment, which entitles us to keep and bear firearms. Each and every one of these bans and restrictions moves us closer to this rather comical but very real potential. Because there are many leftist politicians who would not hesitate to impose those very conditions on us. The likes of Charles Schumer is but one example. There are many more.
The ultimate objective is no guns therefore no gun deaths.
It's okay for people to be killed with knifes, clubs, drugs or pickup trucks.

Forum List

Back