Hey, the new democrat Assault weapon ban makes your semi auto pistol illegal......

What they will do is just go about their business.....and as you interact with the police, and they find the outlawed guns, any interaction with police because of a noisy neighbor will turn into a felony arrest for having a semi auto pistol....and they will make an example out of the law abiding American.......
If guns were outlawed in America you would see a situation at least a dozen times more insane than the War On Drugs. Police anti-gun activity would extend infinitely further than simply going about their business. They would proceed with virtually religious passion in their effort to happily deprive anyone and everyone else of their guns. Some of them would come in on their days off to engage in that pursuit.

Little by little.

The ultimate objective is for you to keep only one single-shot, bolt-action, .22 rifle, chambered for Short, and to bear it only to federally supervised target ranges in a locked case with the bolt removed. You will be restricted to ammunition purchased at the range and all must be expended there or surrendered before leaving.

As repressive as all of that seems it does not violate the Second Amendment, which entitles us to keep and bear firearms. Each and every one of these bans and restrictions moves us closer to this rather comical but very real potential. Because there are many leftist politicians who would not hesitate to impose those very conditions on us. The likes of Charles Schumer is but one example. There are many more.
The ultimate objective is no guns therefore no gun deaths.

:lmao:

Pipe dream.
Not even close. While there will still be a few guns around they will be useless as weapons. And in the new nations that come after the US guns will be banned. Relics of a past barbaric age.

What is to keep people from building their own?

Yep.....they will make your semi auto pistol, your Glock, Sig, Beretta, Smith and Wesson pistol.....illegal........they have upped their game...and you thought they only wanted to ban all rifles....

Senate Democrats introduce new ban on 'assault weapons'

Moving past singling out specific firearms, it would also ban semi-auto handguns and rifles with a detachable magazine and only one “military characteristics” such as a pistol grip, telescoping or folding stock, or threaded barrel.
Sure am glad i have six shooters and a sniper rifle which is bolt action.

The next step will be to take away your six shooter as you don't need six shots to defend yourself.

[...]

If push came to shove, it would depend upon who the military sides with. They are not robots, after all.

[...]
Push came to shove at Kent State, at Hooverville (an encampment of homeless veterans), and at many other examples of U.S. military vs American citizens. Keep in mind that today's military is 100% mercenary. All the patriotic hoopla is exactly that -- hoopla. These people are in it for the pay and the benefits -- and they follow orders.

It will go nowhere.

And if it should by some nefarious machination, there will be no compliance.

What will they do then?
They will start making SWAT raids, which will bring about millions of voluntary surrenders. That's what they will do for openers.

Do you remember the WACO massacre. That's how our government deals with non-compliance.
Surrender what? I don't have any guns. :afro:

That was against a hundred people or so. If even one-third of gun owners resisted, they would number approximately forty million.
If what happened at Waco were pursuant to a raid on non-compliant gun owners after all guns had been banned you may rest assured forty million or more formerly non-compliant hold-outs would change their minds. As it was very few Americans had anything at all in common with the Branch Davidians therefore had absolutely nothing with which to relate to them.

So your reference is spurious at best.

You brought up Waco as a reference, not me. I simply rejected it as non-comparative.

It's likely we'll never know. An attempt to ban firearms in this country would lead to open warfare, and no politician will risk it.

Yep.....they will make your semi auto pistol, your Glock, Sig, Beretta, Smith and Wesson pistol.....illegal........they have upped their game...and you thought they only wanted to ban all rifles....

Moving past singling out specific firearms, it would also ban semi-auto handguns and rifles with a detachable magazine and only one “military characteristics” such as a pistol grip, telescoping or folding stock, or threaded barrel.

Handguns should be illegal for civilian use. The only legal firearms for civilians should be single shot rifles and shotguns for hunters.

Handguns should be illegal for civilian use. The only legal firearms for civilians should be single shot rifles and shotguns for hunters.

Please indicate where the words "hunter" or "hunting" appear in the 2nd Amendment.

Wow...you shouldn't drink an do drugs so early in the day.....or at all....

Sure am glad i have six shooters and a sniper rifle which is bolt action.

The next step will be to take away your six shooter as you don't need six shots to defend yourself.
That is true as my hands are registered weapons.

Well, it's kinda etched in stone what I'm getting. If I was getting what I wanted, it'd be a 6.5" Judge.
I didn't know what it is so I looked it up. Some hunk of gun. Are you a big fellow?

Not particularly. A Dan Wesson .44 has too big of a handle for me.

Ruger Security six fits just right. I think the Judge is similar to that.
What I dislike about anything bigger than .357 is the relatively massive recoil which makes recovery a bit more difficult. This is no problem if you can confidently achieve your purpose with one shot, or at very close range. But if not you'll want to recover as rapidly as possible but still deliver a powerful impact with each successive shot. Which = .357.

Handguns heavier than .357, e.g., .44, .50, 410 ga., are recommended for close encounters, such as with an aggressive bear. But for shots beyond three or four yards you want a caliber that enables rapid recovery to your aiming or pointing platform. A heavy caliber gun will not allow that unless you are extremely large with big, powerfully-muscled arms and hands.

Little by little.

The ultimate objective is for you to keep only one single-shot, bolt-action, .22 rifle, chambered for Short, and to bear it only to federally supervised target ranges in a locked case with the bolt removed. You will be restricted to ammunition purchased at the range and all must be expended there or surrendered before leaving.

As repressive as all of that seems it does not violate the Second Amendment, which entitles us to keep and bear firearms. Each and every one of these bans and restrictions moves us closer to this rather comical but very real potential. Because there are many leftist politicians who would not hesitate to impose those very conditions on us. The likes of Charles Schumer is but one example. There are many more.
The ultimate objective is no guns therefore no gun deaths.
Explain slowly for us dumibies how you will get all the illegal weapons from criminals and then PREVENT smuggling in new ones?

Forum List

Back