Hey Texas, still wanna secede?

Uhmmm demanding services for that which has already been paid for is not the same as demanding a handout.

Did I just say that? Oh that's gonna bite me in the arse.

It hasn't been paid for

We have a 2015 budget and Texas flood relief is not in it. Bailing out Texas will take additional taxes and I am Taxed Enough Already
FEMA's broke? How did Obama let that happen? Where did the money go that I was forced to put into it?

Is that what it says here: Disaster Relief Fund Monthly Report FEMA.gov

http://www.fema.gov/media-library-d...69200ef76/DRFCongressionalReportApril2015.pdf

Hint the number is 7,466,000,000 and it's on page 4.

Nice try though.

It is still a handout full of pork
So? Pick one, gut FEMA or continue down this spiral of using it to cover every natural disaster vs. making people carry their own insurance / pay for their own dumb ass mistakes.

That would require people like RW to show a little personal responsibility.

I'm not the one begging for a handout...it is the deadbeats in Texas

It hasn't been paid for

We have a 2015 budget and Texas flood relief is not in it. Bailing out Texas will take additional taxes and I am Taxed Enough Already
FEMA's broke? How did Obama let that happen? Where did the money go that I was forced to put into it?

http://www.fema.gov/media-library-d...69200ef76/DRFCongressionalReportApril2015.pdf

Nice try though.

So? Pick one, gut FEMA or continue down this spiral of using it to cover every natural disaster vs. making people carry their own insurance / pay for their own dumb ass mistakes.

Your jealousy of the great state of Texas is duly noted.

My apologies, I forgot you are a fucking asshole.

I just love my Constitution

The Constitution is quite clear about what the Federal Government can do. Per the 10th Amendment, all other functions are left to the states

Since the Constitution says nothing about "We the People" providing flood relief, that makes it a state responsibility

A Constitutional scholar like Ted Cruz should know that

And had not Texas paid into the federal government for such things, had the federal government not set up all these programs Texas paid into, had the federal government not taken many states rights away, you would have a point. However, they did and you don't.

The state of Texas did not pay into the federal government, individual taxpayers residing in Texas did

But they still have to abide by the Constitution and there is nothing in the Constitution where disaster relief is a federal function

Let the people of Texas pay....why should I have to pay because they build houses on rivers? Why reward idiots?
Uhm... why not make the idiots pay for their own mistakes? Why push this off to anyone at all? If people want to be charitable, let them do it voluntarily not by force.

Absolutely. If a town in Texas is flooded, let them pass the hat to get people to help pay for the damage. Why should I have to pay for damage in Texas if I don't want to?

I am already Taxed Enough Already and see no reason to add to our $18 trillion debt to bail out Texas

That's why your opinion doesn't count.

I just love my Constitution

The Constitution is quite clear about what the Federal Government can do. Per the 10th Amendment, all other functions are left to the states

Since the Constitution says nothing about "We the People" providing flood relief, that makes it a state responsibility

A Constitutional scholar like Ted Cruz should know that

And had not Texas paid into the federal government for such things, had the federal government not set up all these programs Texas paid into, had the federal government not taken many states rights away, you would have a point. However, they did and you don't.

The state of Texas did not pay into the federal government, individual taxpayers residing in Texas did

But they still have to abide by the Constitution and there is nothing in the Constitution where disaster relief is a federal function

Let the people of Texas pay....why should I have to pay because they build houses on rivers? Why reward idiots?
Uhm... why not make the idiots pay for their own mistakes? Why push this off to anyone at all? If people want to be charitable, let them do it voluntarily not by force.

Absolutely. If a town in Texas is flooded, let them pass the hat to get people to help pay for the damage. Why should I have to pay for damage in Texas if I don't want to?

I am already Taxed Enough Already and see no reason to add to our $18 trillion debt to bail out Texas

That's why your opinion doesn't count.

I disregard everything that knucklehead posts.

Nice try though.

What exactly makes Texas "great"?

A lesbian wouldnt understand...

They lead the nation in massacres

Texas Tower, Lubby's, Waco, Ft Hood.....don't forget they are Kennedy Killers

A lesbian wouldnt understand...
That's all you have for an answer? Not so "great" after all, eh?

Maybe they're "great" because of the 300 who surrendered without a fight at Goliad....and were shot.

They are also know for their Chainsaw Massacres

Maybe they're "great" because of the 300 who surrendered without a fight at Goliad....and were shot.

You know how those dirty mexicans are.
And the Battle of San Jacinto put em in their place for good.

^^^ So you think its funny people got killed and home were destroyed, more proof leftist scum have no class.

I think it is horrible that people are suffering

But we have no room in the budget to help them

Yeah, the money's better spent on those who won't help themselves and typically vote (D). You lefties are scum of the Earth, you really are... vile wastes of humanity most of you.

Texas will just have to pick themselves up by their bootstraps, buckle down, work harder, stop looking for handouts, not rely on BIG GOVERNMENT, handle things at the state level and cut back on waste, fraud and abuse to pay for it themselves

The rest of the country has been Taxed Enough Already and we can't pay for them

Texas has been paying into the Federal system designed to provide assistance in the event of a natural disaster, why would you deny their claim?
Fine...figure out how much that is and give them that amount but no more. I'm a reasonable person.

How about the same amount that was given after Sandy Hook?

Forum List

Back