Hey Steve - We Can Get Married In Canada. Let's Go Then David!

HorhayAtAMD said:
I don't know how much credence you put in the decrees of the Catholic church but even they make a distinction between being homosexual (wanting people of the same gender) and the behaviour. Being homosexual is fine, you are not a sinner and you will get to heaven without any form of sexual re-orientation. You can't even say that the church is specifically against homosexual acts, only that they are against ANY sexual acts before marriage and, since homosexuals aren't allowed to marry, homosexual acts aren't allowed.

Link

So that "men shall not lay with men" thing is just superfluous?

GotZoom said:
So that "men shall not lay with men" thing is just superfluous?
Hehe, fair enough. :) Still though, all my other points stand. The bible condemns the behaviour, not the preference, at least according to the Catholics.

HorhayAtAMD said:
at least according to the Catholics.

If we are using the Catholic's interpretation of the Bible......

Geez.......

Then we will need to talk about Baptists, Protestants, etc....Everyone has their own interpretation.

How in the world can any religion spin "man shall not lay with man"?

HorhayAtAMD said:
If you are sexually or romantically attracted to people of the same gender, you are a homosexual, whether or not you actually have sex with them. Some choose to "show" it by entering relationships with people of the same gender, some choose to cover it up by either remaining celibate or by trying to force themselves to be with people of the opposite gender.

I knew I was a heterosexual long before I ever had sex which is why I believe sexual orientation is a feeling, not a behaviour.

Check out the guy in the thread a few days back. He got married to a woman. He likes to have sex with women. He also wanted to be a woman, so he had a sex change. It isn't just about who you have sex with, or even who you want to have sex with. It is confusion about your own basic identity.

I'm surprised that polygamy isn't being reviewed, after all it's a religious issue, and should be considered more as a "right" than gay marriage. Or is that the next marriage amendment?

In Canada, the majority of the population supports gay marriage so it is the responsibility of the government to react. In the US, the majority does not support gay marriage and it has been struck down in most States. What's the problem? It seems to me like democracy is working perfectly![/QUOTE

Over 60% of Canadians opposed gay marriage. That is why it was never made a referendum issue, it would have been defeated. Now the Liberal party invokes closure removing the democratic process.

stealthylizard said:
Over 60% of Canadians opposed gay marriage. That is why it was never made a referendum issue, it would have been defeated. Now the Liberal party invokes closure removing the democratic process.
The Associated Press disagrees with you.
According to most polls, a majority of Canadians support the right for gays and lesbians to marry. In the United States, gay marriage is opposed by a majority of Americans, according to an Associated Press-Ipsos poll taken in November, shortly after constitutional amendments in 11 states to ban same-sex marriage were approved.
Link

New Topics

Forum List

Back