Hey Steelers???

The ClayTaurus said:
No. That's what you're interpretting, because you think you're special for having been screwed by officials. ;) And my favorite team didn't win; they didn't even make the playoffs :(

That guys' article says "look I know everyone whines after they lose, but we're different. We're special." It's garbage. You're not special, you were on the short end of a couple calls. The PI was legit, and has been called all year both ways. You don't like that rule; fine. It's been called all year. The hasslebeck block was garbage, but didn't really affect much - your D still fell for the same trick play that pittsburg ran twice already in the playoffs. The refs didn't throw hasslebeck's interception after the holding penalty. If he was as good as you think he is, he takes that penalty and scores ANYWAYS. He can drive from the 2 yard line but can't punch it in at 1st and 20?

Look, you can continue your pity party, I'll leave you alone. As a Lions fan, I've reached the complete bottom of the NFL barrel, so I've heard it all before. Congrats on getting to the superbowl; sorry it didn't work out for you. :beer:

You do not get it. :(

dmp said:
I know. :( There's MORE of a chance of you being confused for a Heterosexual male than exists the Seahawks even have a winning record next season. :(
I was trying to be sincere... but thanks anyways.

Man, you guys are still talking about this? Let's just settle things, get new officials and both teams, put them in a time machine, go back to Sunday night, and... Wait, what? Oh, I guess we'll just have to accept it, then.

Go Steelers! :funnyface

I'll just dismiss your very honest and accurate complaints and say you are whining."

Not that this thread needs to go there, but this is exactly how 90% of the Conservatives I know regard absolutely anything anybody not Republican says. Just something to think about.

Dan said:
Man, you guys are still talking about this? Let's just settle things, get new officials and both teams, put them in a time machine, go back to Sunday night, and... Wait, what? Oh, I guess we'll just have to accept it, then.

Go Steelers! :funnyface

Not that this thread needs to go there, but this is exactly how 90% of the Conservatives I know regard absolutely anything anybody not Republican says. Just something to think about.

It's a travesty We're talking about The officiating and not about Ben and Jerome and shit. Honestly.

But it's as big of a travesty those who are complaining about said officiating are RIGHT.

Mr. P said:
But it was 21-10 FINAL TWO DAYS AGO, and you can't change that, YOU LOST! :slap:

That STEEL CURTAIN IS TUFF!!!!! :)

I didn't lose anything. Those in charge of ensuring a fair game lost something - their souls or their reputation as being 'non-biased'.

-Cp said:
I can't believe just how unobjective a lot of folks here at USMB are being about this issue....

Take off the friggin Stealers' helmet for a bit so you can see what every other objective person saw in that game - the Hawks we're robbed 14 points by bad officials...

:boohoo:

21-10!

Pittsburgh Steelers are Super Bowl XL Champions!

I'm wondering (and laughing at) how many people here actually care that Pittsburgh won, and how many are just having fun busting D's balls.

dmp said:
This is what you are doing:

"I know seattle got screwed, but I'm affraid to get upset about it, cuz 'my' favourite team won. I'll just dismiss your very honest and accurate complaints and say you are whining."

Guilty as charged. The calls were questionable. Happens every week in the NFL and every day in the NBA.

I've been a Steeler fan for 36 years -- since Bradshaw was a rookie. I'll take the win.

jimnyc said:
:boohoo:

21-10!

Pittsburgh Steelers are Super Bowl XL Champions!

So who gives a rip?

My complaint isn't that the hawks lost - it's that the Stealers were helped drastically by the officials..

-Cp said:
So who gives a rip?

My complaint isn't that the hawks lost - it's that the Stealers were helped drastically by the officials..

Obviously you do or you wouldn't be harping on it and referring to the Steelers by another name when they weren't officiating.

Nonetheless - 21-10 Steelers are SB Champs!

dmp said:
I took nothing out of context - you actually hit the nail on the head. Why would the ref's call such pissy chicken-shit 'holds' in the SB, and NOT during the regular season? Why the sudden change to 'candy-ass' football?

I'm not disagreeing with that totally. Problem is, this is pretty much they way it's done all year. They've added so many rules that they are a few steps away from playing flag football. They make calls like the calls in that game all year, but nobody thinks that much about it because it's not the Superbowl.

I'd love for things to go back to the way they were in the early eighties when they actually played football and the league didn't set the rules to prevent anyone from actually getting hit or, heaven forbid, bruised.

I think the refs called the game the way any other game would have been called. The went by what the rules state. Change the rules for the entire season to let the players play more, not just for one game because it's the last game of the year.

Forum List

Back