Hey Steelers???

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Seriously? How much did you pay the officiating crew? Really? I've never seen more bu||shit calls in my LIFE on a football field. So - how much was it? There is NO way on God's green Earth was this game called 'fair'. It's inexcusable. If seattle loses this game, it's SOLEY the fault of bu||shit calls by a corrupt officiating crew.

dmp said:
Seriously? How much did you pay the officiating crew? Really? I've never seen more bu||shit calls in my LIFE on a football field. So - how much was it? There is NO way on God's green Earth was this game called 'fair'. It's inexcusable. If seattle loses this game, it's SOLEY the fault of bu||shit calls by a corrupt officiating crew.

Crappy calls screw up the game for everyone but having been on the losing end of a big game ruined by "iffy" officiating, I know it really sucks.

dmp said:

The timeless, infamous screech from the fans of the losing side. :D

manu1959 said:
hawks got homered....awful refereeing....

Piss-poor officiating has been a part of the game since the mid-80s. If you can't play above it, you don't win. I'm not saying it is right .... I'm saying that is how it is.

What Bs that the crowd was 90% steelers fans. How did that happen? How is that fair to the other team? Some bad calls, but hawks didn't play good at all.
Congrats to the steelers...

I seriously didn't think the refs were all that bad except for the lame call against Hasselbeck after the INT. The Seahawks did more damage to themselves.

I thought it was a closely played game, just as I figured. Both defenses played a great game. That's what happens in the big game, a few plays can change the outcome. I would look at Big Ben's pass to Ward at the 3 while scrambling on 3rd and 18, and Randel El's TD pass to Ward.

dmp said:
If seattle loses this game, it's SOLEY the fault of bu||shit calls by a corrupt officiating crew.

The Steelers were on the wrong side of some touchy calls throughout the playoffs too. But don't take away from the Steelers D and their O execution when they needed it. They came up with big plays that the refs didn't throw, catch or INT.

GunnyL said:
Piss-poor officiating has been a part of the game since the mid-80s. If you can't play above it, you don't win. I'm not saying it is right .... I'm saying that is how it is.

first hawk touchdown negated by a phantom PI was a joke

the holding call on the catch on the one was a joke

haselback's tackle called a cut block was a joke

just so many questionable calls....on the leagues least penalized team....interesting to say the least

If seattle loses this game, it's SOLEY the fault of bu||shit calls by a corrupt officiating crew.

Yep, too bad you don't get a ring for worst calls against a team. Steelers rule!!!!

Some east-coast whining....and truth.

Give The Super Bowl MVP To The Officials
By: Bob George/BosSports.net

DETROIT -- Looks like it wasn’t only the home crowd that was pro-Steelers at Ford Field.

Count the zebras amongst those who seemed to be among the Iron City faithful. All game long, it looked like they had an edict to “make sure Jerome Bettis goes out a winner and make sure Dan Rooney gets a Vince”. A hail of blatantly bad calls went against the Seattle Seahawks which cost them 14 precious points, and ultimately the game.

So, despite never getting untracked on offense, and despite not seemingly having a decent game plan, it is the Pittsburgh Steelers who come out of Super Bowl XL as world champions instead of the Seahawks, who for most of the game outplayed the Steelers. Three big plays and not much else was all the Steelers needed, other than those aforementioned officiating mistakes, which gave the Steelers a 21-10 victory and the franchise’s fifth Super Bowl win 26 years after their fourth.

http://www.patsfans.com/bob/display_story.php?story_id=2933

The PI on the TD was Bullshit. Im glad the Steelers won but my god was that the weakest of the weak to call a Push off with one hand on what was a routine play for a WR and DB in the SUPER BOWL!!!

That ref needs to turn in his stripes. He should never referee another game again.

You know, I heard the police were holding some pro Seahawk officials down the street, preventing them from getting to the game....

Come on, guys. Some of those calls were close, but they weren't that bad. If it were the fifth week of the season, nobody would have thought twice about most of them.

Jimmyeatworld said:
You know, I heard the police were holding some pro Seahawk officials down the street, preventing them from getting to the game....

Come on, guys. Some of those calls were close, but they weren't that bad. If it were the fifth week of the season, nobody would have thought twice about most of them.

exactly. 5th week of the season and a team has a chance to make up ground on taking a TD away from a guy. Taking a TD away in the Super Bowl, thats almost impossible to overcome. Refs need to use their heads. He didnt gain an advantage from that push off. It shouldnt have been called.

Forum List

Back