Hey snowman!

I drink Firestone all the time (in fact, Brooks Firestone is one of our county supervisors) but I haven't been to his brewery.

Their Pale Ale sucks - very harsh, you really need a chaser (like, oh, I don't know, Jack Daniels) but the Double Barrel is excellent if you like dark ales as much as I do. The also make wine but I've heard it isn't very good.

The Mrs. and I hit the brewery last Saturday. Damn good brew. She had the unfiltered Double Barrel while I availed myself of the Hemp Ale. Both very very good. My wife general goes for the Heiffeweizens but she really liked the UDB. The Hemp Ale was dark like Guinness but not nearly as heavy, very tasty.

We stayed for dinner, good food, best restaurant chili I've ever had. The Mrs. tried the Chardoney (sp?), said it was too sweet.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's worth the drive.

I'll have to check it out. I've been staying away from all of the wineries and breweries - had a bad experience at a wedding at LaFond a few weeks ago... Passed out in the parking lot, yakked a bunch of purple shit, and woke up on my living room floor (still in my pimp-ass pinstripe suit) at 1 am. Turns out one of my lady friend's coworkers had given me a ride home :redface:

Will do, unforunately, I'm not much of a wine guy. Except to photograph the vineyards. My wife drinks wine occasionally though, so I'll mention it to her.

Forum List

Back