Hey Romney.. Do the Right Thing for us!

copsnrobbers

I call it as I see it
Feb 27, 2012
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q&feature=player_detailpage]The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again - YouTube[/ame]

The "Who" has it right. Lets hope Romney does too.

Some Advice to Mitt Romney if He Wins in November
October 10, 2012 by Gary DeMar

The polls show a radical shift in support from Obama to Romney. The election isn’t over. There are two more debates and the inevitable “October Surprise.” Remember the release of George W. Bush’s 24-year-old DUI conviction. “The Bush DUI revelation was a hit job planted by a Democratic source that mushroomed into a big story because of the liberal media.” Have you noticed that the media haven’t said anything about Barack Obama’s drug use while in college?

With this little background, I want to offer Mitt Romney some post-election advice if he wins:

A lot of us are skeptical of your conservative bona fides. Your past voting record has not given a lot of conservatives hope that you are the man to follow through when you take the oath before God to uphold the Constitution.

Many conservatives have given up on the Republican Party. Who can blame them? The song from The Who comes to mind: “We won’t be fooled again.” But we have been, and we’re tired of it. Will you be the one to break the cycle?

I’m sure you realize that you were not the first choice of many who voted in the primaries. With the support you are now getting, you better come through. Words, rhetoric, and promises are not enough.

Your poll numbers are up. More conservative and independent voters are getting on board. I was glad to see that you came out against homosexual marriage. Will you stick with this view or will you also “evolve” under pressure from the GOP establishment and social movement on the issue?

Will government shrink on your watch? How often will you use the veto pen? Take a lesson from Gov. Scott Walker. He stood up against his political opposition, won the day, took the heat, and faced down a recall election. He did not given in. He’s earning the respect of the state.

He was resolute. He did not waver in his convictions as he spoke to us. His steadfastness is paying off. It was painful for him, his family, and the Republican Party, but he knew that his decision would save the state. He was attacked on all sides, and he still didn’t bend.

Then there’s the war issue. A strong military does not mean a military always at war. Your first job as president, if you get elected, will be to protect the United States against enemies “foreign and domestic.” This does not mean sending our young men and women overseas to fight in wars that cannot be won and are none of our business.

Maybe it’s time to let these war-loving countries fight it out among themselves. In time, the terrorists will forget about us and burn themselves out.

Iran may or not be building a nuke. What are they going to do with it if they accomplish their goal? If they decide to bomb Israel, Israel will retaliate with its multiple nukes. Estimates put the number of Israeli war heads in a range from 80 to 200. Iran would be turned into a burned out cinder.

I’ve seen where you’ve advocated arming Syrian rebels. On the surface, this sounds like a good idea. Who’s to say where American-delivered arms will end up. And if Assad is pushed out of office, there is no telling what will replace him. Think Egypt and Libya.

Mr. Romney, a lot of people are counting on you. Millions of reluctant voters are going to give you a chance. Don’t disappoint them. The future of America is at stake.

Read more: Some Advice to Mitt Romney if He Wins in November

America is counting on him... The Tea Party will play a huge roll in his election as we did in 2010.

Not this one. I'm through giving these phony jerks 'a chance'. I'm voting for the future, not tired re-runs.

What future? What does that future look like to you?

The future I'm voting for embodies real limited-government, pro-liberty values. We won't 'win' this time around, but we can make progress.

Can you be more specific please? What is limited government and how does it work? What are "pro-liberty values?"

Romney should announce that, as President, he will not play Obama's "blame game."

What future? What does that future look like to you?

The future I'm voting for embodies real limited-government, pro-liberty values. We won't 'win' this time around, but we can make progress.

Can you be more specific please? What is limited government and how does it work? What are "pro-liberty values?"

Constitutionally limited government. Pro-liberty values - I want a government whose principal aim is it to protect the liberty of its citizens.

Barring any radical changes in the political landscape, I'll be voting for Gary Johnson.

Constitutionally limited government. Pro-liberty values - I want a government whose principal aim is it to protect the liberty of its citizens.

Barring any radical changes in the political landscape, I'll be voting for Gary Johnson.

A wasted vote.......

A wasted vote.......

I couldn't disagree more. My voted would be wasted voting for either Obama or Romney, neither of which reflect my values in any significant way. The liberty movement has been conned into voting 'lesser-of-two-evils' for far too long. We're not going to make real progress until we steadfastly refuse to endorse the status quo.

Obama, his administration and the media are in for a serious investigation. Worse than Watergate.. people are dead. That video cover up was as disgusting as it gets. I don't see how any American would vote for Obama or his party. They are a disgrace.

A wasted vote.......

I couldn't disagree more. My voted would be wasted voting for either Obama or Romney, neither of which reflect my values in any significant way. The liberty movement has been conned into voting 'lesser-of-two-evils' for far too long. We're not going to make real progress until we steadfastly refuse to endorse the status quo.

I think Romney will surprise you.. Vote for him.

Obama, his administration and the media are in for a serious investigation. Worse than Watergate.. people are dead. That video cover up was as disgusting as it gets. I don't see how any American would vote for Obama or his party. They are a disgrace.

Agreed. And Romney is a two-faced corporatist who will continue most of Obama's policies (which in turn are mostly continuations of Bush policies). Worse yet, he's lining up a cabinet comprised of ex-Bush neocons. Even if I bought the "lesser-of-two-evils" line (which I don't), I'd have a hard time figuring which of these two jerks is the 'lesser'.

A wasted vote.......

I think Romney will surprise you.. Vote for him.

If he's elected, I hope he does. Likewise with Obama. But that seems very unlikely to me on both counts. I'm still not wasting a vote on either of them.

Those are nice platitudes and a fair collection of buzz-word's, but just what the hell do you mean by "Constitutionally limited government," and "Pro-liberty values?"

And, what makes you think the government we have now isn't dedicated to protecting the liberty of it's citizens? In fact, what ARE those liberties you seem to think we may have lost or are threatened?

Those are nice platitudes and a fair collection of buzz-word's, but just what the hell do you mean by "Constitutionally limited government," and "Pro-liberty values?"

And, what makes you think the government we have now isn't dedicated to protecting the liberty of it's citizens? In fact, what ARE those liberties you seem to think we may have lost or are threatened?

You're asking some really broad questions. There are lots of resources out there on the concepts of constitutionally limited government, and libertarian principles - I'm not really up for reproducing them here. The Libertarian Party platform and the generally ideology they promote, is a reasonably accurate representation of what I'm talking about. You could start there I suppose.

Simply put, federal government provides "negative" rights.....often in the form of "Government shall make no law.....". Essentially saying that government is there for a specific reason and they are not to engage in things such as forcing religion on people or denying people free speech.

When the federal government starts to engage in "positive" rights (setting aside the general statement of life, liberty and the pursuit of happinness) ....the right to health care, the right to retire, the right to clean water....etc. They are now engaged in setting standards and regulating something.

So when we talk about "loss" of right....often it is the loss of protection from the government.....or, in other words, the intrusion of government into our lives. The real problem is that you may not know you've lost those negative rights until way after they are gone.

Probably the most prominent loss of rights or liberty is in the form of the loss of personal property going to taxes. This takes away from being able to make economic choices.

This is just the start of this discussion...at the federal level.

As an aside...the city I live in retroactively made and ordinance where you can't finish your basement unless you have window openings of a certain size (for egress). That applys to homes that were built 30 years prior.....thus hurting peoples opportunity to enjoy the home they purchased. Of course, what really happens is that about 90% of homes in the area have finished basements that were done without permits. So the very codes you hope will protect you are bypassed.

And on and on and on and on........

You're asking some really broad questions. There are lots of resources out there on the concepts of constitutionally limited government, and libertarian principles - I'm not really up for reproducing them here. The Libertarian Party platform and the generally ideology they promote, is a reasonably accurate representation of what I'm talking about. You could start there I suppose.

You're the one who brought them up, but you can't defend your opinions?

OK, I'll accept that because it's not all that uncommon and the farther you get toward the right, the more common it becomes.

Forum List

Back