Hey Ringel

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Ringel05

When we move, I want my pc password protected. I want to have to log in every time I shut it down. It already set that way but I did something somewhere to where I no longer have to log in. I want it to where I do, after another week or so. Where do I go to do that in the controls?
In laymans terms, please. :lol:

(Image-1) Auto log in Windows 8 and 8.1 without password!
Auto_log_in_Windows_8_and_8.1_without_password_2013-10-18-22-46-20.png

I'm on windows 7. But that is some really good laymans terms!

Now..where the hell do I find that on a windows 7?

Yours helped me. I had to navigate stuff cus there was no "enable password" thingybob. I had to reset the old password. Then I shut off the pc, unplugged it for a minute or two, turned it back on and it asked for my password. I be happy now. Moving to a new place in a house with people who have access to my pc since it will be in the living room...I wanted it to where nobody could get on it.

So..tis done. Happy dance!

Well..thank you for searching. I did too, but it was gobblydegoop to me.

How do you change name below your name? I.e diamond member to hot chick or something. I can't find it.

Ringel05

When we move, I want my pc password protected. I want to have to log in every time I shut it down. It already set that way but I did something somewhere to where I no longer have to log in. I want it to where I do, after another week or so. Where do I go to do that in the controls?
In laymans terms, please. :lol:
Do you want it with typing in login Password only or both User Name and Password?

This link has three options, option one looks like it's custom made for non-geeks though the others aren't nearly as hard as people think they are.
With option one you download the script commands and they should install themselves as long as you follow the on screen prompts. Here's the kicker from my end, I don't have Windows 7 anymore so I can't test to see if it works though I don't see why it shouldn't, it's nothing more than scripts that does automatically what Option Two tell you to do manually.
Scroll down till you see Option One, you'll see two download choices, pick the one you want.
Log On with User Name and Password - Windows 7 Help Forums

Forum List

Back