Hey righties -where does the Constitution say anything about the olympics?

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
It says in the Constitution that we have the right to free speech. Which means YOU can say the stupidest things you can think of, and I can't stop you.

Thanks for answering a question I didn't ask.

Now please tell me by what Constitutional authority Romney was able to spend my money on the Olympics?

Thanks!

Romney, who is now visiting the opening of the London Olympics, subsequently registered as a lobbyist for the Salt Lake Organizing Committee and secured $342 million in direct funding from the federal government and another $1.1 billion in indirect financing from Washington.
www.washingtonexaminer.com/romney-olympic-success-required-federal-payout/article/2503281

Well?

Hey, idiot, what makes you think righties, whatever they are, support federal funding for the Olympics?

Romney, who is now visiting the opening of the London Olympics, subsequently registered as a lobbyist for the Salt Lake Organizing Committee and secured $342 million in direct funding from the federal government and another $1.1 billion in indirect financing from Washington.
www.washingtonexaminer.com/romney-olympic-success-required-federal-payout/article/2503281

Well?

Hey, idiot, what makes you think righties, whatever they are, support federal funding for the Olympics?

Because they're voting for the guy that took hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars for the Olympics?

Well?

He assumes...he's been trained wrong.

Well?

Sorry, I thought you guys would be voting for someone that reflects your values.

It says in the Constitution that we have the right to free speech. Which means YOU can say the stupidest things you can think of, and I can't stop you.

Now please tell me by what Constitutional authority Romney was able to spend my money on the Olympics?

Thanks!

Why don't you ask your congressman. Romney did not approve it, he just ask and it was given. Don't tell me you wouldn't have taken the money. Again I say just ask your congressman, they approve the spending.

Sorry, I thought you guys would be voting for someone that reflects your values.

Neither candidate truly reflects my values one just does so a little more than the other. For the record if I have to see tax dollars spent on something I would just as well it be the Olympics than something like Solyndra.

Thanks!

Why don't you ask your congressman. Romney did not approve it, he just ask and it was given. Don't tell me you wouldn't have taken the money. Again I say just ask your congressman, they approve the spending.

Of course. I forget. Republicans have no problem taking benefits from government for themselves - they just don't like it when other people get them.
Thanks for reminding me.

Neither candidate truly reflects my values one just does so a little more than the other. For the record if I have to see tax dollars spent on something I would just as well it be the Olympics than something like Solyndra.

Do you think Romney can win with "I'm not Obama!" ?

Why are you comparing the Constitution and the Olympics?

I'm not comparing them you illiterate. I'm asking where does the Constitution authorize Mitt Romney to spend hundreds of millions of the taxpayer's money on the Olympics.

He got it from Congress who approved it you moron try using your brain for something other than separating ears.

The initial focus in the late 1990s was on Salt Lake City, where the scandal forced several of the city’s Olympic officials to quit and the mayor to step down. It threatened to scare away corporate sponsors whose advertising dollars would be vital to helping to fund the games.

An internal investigation pointed the finger at two key Olympic organizers who were among the officials who had been forced out, and the SLOC was reorganized. But with two years until the games were set to begin, officials needed someone who help restore credibility to the organization. Romney, a Mormon whose family has deep roots in the state and who attended Brigham Young University, was called in from Boston to clean up the mess.

PolitiFact | How important was Romney in fixing troubled Salt Lake Olympic games?

Romney Olympic success required federal payout | WashingtonExaminer.com

Well?

Stupid question, from an idiot poster. In so many words, the Constitution says that Congress raises taxes and spends the money, which they did in this case. Romney lobbied for the money and got it, but it was not his decision, it was theirs. It is Congress who is responsible, not Romney.

If you wanna take issue with that, fine by me. But the '92 Games were in serious trouble then, what would you have done? Let the whole thing fail?

Not sure what the composition of Congress, both Houses, was in 1992. I suspect at least the House of Reps was dem-controlled, and that means they are as culpable as anybody.

Geez dude, is this the best you can do? Lame, man.

Why are you comparing the Constitution and the Olympics?

I'm not comparing them you illiterate. I'm asking where does the Constitution authorize Mitt Romney to spend hundreds of millions of the taxpayer's money on the Olympics.

He got it from Congress who approved it you moron try using your brain for something other than separating ears.

So Congress can just spend money on whatever they like?

Romney Olympic success required federal payout | WashingtonExaminer.com

Well?

Stupid question, from an idiot poster. In so many words, the Constitution says that Congress raises taxes and spends the money, which they did in this case. Romney lobbied for the money and got it, but it was not his decision, it was theirs. It is Congress who is responsible, not Romney.

If you wanna take issue with that, fine by me. But the '92 Games were in serious trouble then, what would you have done? Let the whole thing fail?

Not sure what the composition of Congress, both Houses, was in 1992. I suspect at least the House of Reps was dem-controlled, and that means they are as culpable as anybody.

Geez dude, is this the best you can do? Lame, man.

So the Congress can spend money on whatever they like?

Do you think Romney can win with "I'm not Obama!" ?
No but with unemployment over 8% 5 trillion dollars of added debt very slow economic growth and low consumer confidence could bring a Romney win.

You don't have a constitutional right to an Olympics, you only have a constitutional right to a gun

Forum List

Back