Hey, partisan hack ideologues -- Here's one way to start to cure your mental illness

Feb 28, 2009
Start with something really simple: Drop the bullshit about a President's vacation! ALL Presidents, for all time no matter their party affiliation. No matter if you like them or not.

It's easy to do if you think -- who the hell wants that lousy job? No matter where he is, he is on duty and monitored 24/7/365. He's still getting briefs, still making executive decisions, still taking calls, still having meetings, still on alert for international incidents. He's really not on a vacation at all. He doesn't even get a day off. Or even a minute off.

He doesn't have any freedom at all. The Secret Service pretty much tells him if it's okay to go to the bathroom! They monitor him even there, how many of you would like to have your employer do that?

Look at the measly paycheck! $250 grand a year? Yes, there are perks. We the taxpayer foot the bill for all his food, travel, housing, furnishings, everything else. But he doesn't even get to keep his i-phone! Does he get to go online? Watch the ballgame on a big LED TV with surround sound? What he gets to do is what they say he can do. His whole life is scheduled down to the second.

Don't get me wrong, I do not pity him for this, he asked for it. Lobbied for it. Campaigned for it. But fair-minded folks wouldn't criticize his "vacations." Partisan hack ideologues do that.

We can start with some fairness here, on this topic, can we not?

Start with something really simple: Drop the bullshit about a President's vacation! ALL Presidents, for all time no matter their party affiliation. No matter if you like them or not.

It's easy to do if you think -- who the hell wants that lousy job? No matter where he is, he is on duty and monitored 24/7/365. He's still getting briefs, still making executive decisions, still taking calls, still having meetings, still on alert for international incidents. He's really not on a vacation at all. He doesn't even get a day off. Or even a minute off.

He doesn't have any freedom at all. The Secret Service pretty much tells him if it's okay to go to the bathroom! They monitor him even there, how many of you would like to have your employer do that?

Look at the measly paycheck! $250 grand a year? Yes, there are perks. We the taxpayer foot the bill for all his food, travel, housing, furnishings, everything else. But he doesn't even get to keep his i-phone! Does he get to go online? Watch the ballgame on a big LED TV with surround sound? What he gets to do is what they say he can do. His whole life is scheduled down to the second.

Don't get me wrong, I do not pity him for this, he asked for it. Lobbied for it. Campaigned for it. But fair-minded folks wouldn't criticize his "vacations." Partisan hack ideologues do that.

Oh I'm sure we can now. Bush isn't around and we have n00bama and we all know that the president is never really on vacation.

In defense of George Bush, in just a little less than a month, we'll be remembering again the attacks of 911, which forever changed all of us, including the office of POTUS. Bush may be accused of taking a lot of vacations, but I can't think of another 'job' where one isn't so well earned regardless how much time they choose for personal occasions especially since September 11, 2001.

• Banned
Oh I'm sure we can now.
The partisan hack ideologues can, now. Now is a great time to start curing that mental illness. Fair-minded people never have had a problem with a POTUS taking "vacations."

Add to all this, it's a lifetime deal. All Presidents are "blessed" with Secret Service "protection" for the rest of their lives. That would suck ass.

As long as he is paying for it, I don't have a problem. We elected a young father with kids. They deserve a family vacation.

Wasn't thrilled about the Paris trip though... :eusa_whistle:

• Banned
As long as he is paying for it, I don't have a problem. We elected a young father with kids. They deserve a family vacation.

If he's "paying" for it, not relevant IMO. WE are paying for the staff and the SS accommodations, their travel, His and the fam's travel, their salaries, everything else. So I don't really care if the hotel bill is coming out of his own pocket or not.

Last edited:
Oh I'm sure we can now.
The partisan hack ideologues can, now. Now is a great time to start curing that mental illness. Fair-minded people never have had a problem with a POTUS taking "vacations."

Add to all this, it's a lifetime deal. All Presidents are "blessed" with Secret Service "protection" for the rest of their lives. That would suck ass.
I feel freer when Congress goes out for recess .
Presidential vacations, the longer the better.

Ha ha. I proposed starting a fund to send NJ Politicians on vacation. What a money saver that would be.

MM - Paying for it themselves is relevant. The house is a wee bit over the top. Taxpayers would freak if they were picking up that tab.

Ha ha. I proposed starting a fund to send NJ Politicians on vacation. What a money saver that would be.

MM - Paying for it themselves is relevant. The house is a wee bit over the top. Taxpayers would freak if they were picking up that tab.
$28 grand for the week is a drop in the bucket compared to the millions for the staff and the SS who all have separate accommodations in the same place. Partisan hack ideologues would "freak" if we were picking up the extra $28K. Fair-minded folks, would not.

Because you believed all the crap about it costing taxpayers money for Michelle's side trip?

Michelle’s European Vacation | FactCheck.org
Please don't link to the partisan hack "fact check" in a thread that is for helping cure partisan hack ideologues of their mental illness, and that isn't in the flame zone. Okay?

Thank you.

From wiki:

The President earns $400,000 per year, along with a $50,000 monthly expense account, a $100,000 non-taxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment. The most recent raise in salary was approved by Congress and President Bill Clinton in 1999 and went into effect in 2001.

Oh I'm sure we can now.

My only problem is, as usual, with the msm.

They weren't so understanding when boooosh was around. Funny how they make sure to point out that the Pres is never really on vacation.

From wiki:

The President earns $400,000 per year, along with a $50,000 monthly expense account, a $100,000 non-taxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment. The most recent raise in salary was approved by Congress and President Bill Clinton in 1999 and went into effect in 2001.
Much better, thank you!

So, if he's "paying" for the condo there, the $28 grand IS coming from us, from the expense or travel, or entertainment accounts we're funding.

See Chanel? It's not relevant!

Last edited:
Oh I'm sure we can now.

They weren't so understanding when boooosh was around. Funny how they make sure to point out that the Pres is never really on vacation.
Where they work isn't relevant. The partisan hack ideologue has a mental illness that needs to be cured, and it can start here, with this.

It's Probably people being Sarcastic, considering how the Left was about (43)'s "Vacations"...

:)

peace...

I'm pretty sure he can get on the computer. All the computers are tempested, meaning that in addition to being encrypted they are insulated in such a way that there can be no signal capture.

Where they work isn't relevant. The partisan hack ideologue has a mental illness that needs to be cured, and it can start here, with this.

Well without partisan hack ideologues, there wouldn't be websites like this one. :razz:

All that I would Ask of Barry is that be Discontinue Telling the Peasants that we all will be Required to Tighten the Belts and Make some Sacrifices...

Cause he ain't, and I'd really rather he Shut his Dishonest Hole about it.

:)

peace...

If your employee can do a great job and still take a vacation then all is well.

When your employee fucks EVERYTHING up and then wants to take 1/3rd of the year off then things may be a little out of wack.

Forum List

Back