Hey, partisan hack ideologues -- Here's one way to start to cure your mental illness

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Midnight Marauder, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Start with something really simple: Drop the bullshit about a President's vacation! ALL Presidents, for all time no matter their party affiliation. No matter if you like them or not.

It's easy to do if you think -- who the hell wants that lousy job? No matter where he is, he is on duty and monitored 24/7/365. He's still getting briefs, still making executive decisions, still taking calls, still having meetings, still on alert for international incidents. He's really not on a vacation at all. He doesn't even get a day off. Or even a minute off.

He doesn't have any freedom at all. The Secret Service pretty much tells him if it's okay to go to the bathroom! They monitor him even there, how many of you would like to have your employer do that?

Look at the measly paycheck! $250 grand a year? Yes, there are perks. We the taxpayer foot the bill for all his food, travel, housing, furnishings, everything else. But he doesn't even get to keep his i-phone! Does he get to go online? Watch the ballgame on a big LED TV with surround sound? What he gets to do is what they say he can do. His whole life is scheduled down to the second.

Don't get me wrong, I do not pity him for this, he asked for it. Lobbied for it. Campaigned for it. But fair-minded folks wouldn't criticize his "vacations." Partisan hack ideologues do that.

We can start with some fairness here, on this topic, can we not?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. concept

concept Evil Mongering

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +340
    Oh I'm sure we can now. Bush isn't around and we have n00bama and we all know that the president is never really on vacation.

3. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    In defense of George Bush, in just a little less than a month, we'll be remembering again the attacks of 911, which forever changed all of us, including the office of POTUS. Bush may be accused of taking a lot of vacations, but I can't think of another 'job' where one isn't so well earned regardless how much time they choose for personal occasions especially since September 11, 2001.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    The partisan hack ideologues can, now. Now is a great time to start curing that mental illness. Fair-minded people never have had a problem with a POTUS taking "vacations."

Add to all this, it's a lifetime deal. All Presidents are "blessed" with Secret Service "protection" for the rest of their lives. That would suck ass.

5. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    As long as he is paying for it, I don't have a problem. We elected a young father with kids. They deserve a family vacation.

Wasn't thrilled about the Paris trip though... :eusa_whistle:

6. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    If he's "paying" for it, not relevant IMO. WE are paying for the staff and the SS accommodations, their travel, His and the fam's travel, their salaries, everything else. So I don't really care if the hotel bill is coming out of his own pocket or not.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  7. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    I feel freer when Congress goes out for recess .
    Presidential vacations, the longer the better.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Because you believed all the crap about it costing taxpayers money for Michelle's side trip?

Michelle’s European Vacation | FactCheck.org

9. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Ha ha. I proposed starting a fund to send NJ Politicians on vacation. What a money saver that would be.

MM - Paying for it themselves is relevant. The house is a wee bit over the top. Taxpayers would freak if they were picking up that tab.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    $28 grand for the week is a drop in the bucket compared to the millions for the staff and the SS who all have separate accommodations in the same place. Partisan hack ideologues would "freak" if we were picking up the extra $28K. Fair-minded folks, would not.