Hey Parents

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Have you ever found teacher-parent meetings a pain because the teacher goes into all sorts of jargon? Actually we are encouraged to do this, since it covers much of the nonsense passing for education theory.

I've been reading some of the education blogs and came across a site that might be helpful the next time you are jargon bombed:

http://www.nychold.com/hirsch-termin.html

I'm the parent most hated, K. Well not really, just by my Daughters first grade teacher, the rest got it.
I'm pretty much no nonsense, so I'd let em do their talking and then ask, "well, how's she doing then"?
Of course I already knew how she was doing because I was involved. Not at the school but at home.
Believe it or not, some teachers seem to hate that. Others have said "Thank you, thank you, thank you".
I'm sure you know that, though.

PS..I didn't look at the link..Only one more year to go here! :thewave:

Mr. P said:
I'm the parent most hated, K. Well not really, just by my Daughters first grade teacher, the rest got it.
I'm pretty much no nonsense, so I'd let em do their talking and then ask, "well, how's she doing then"?
Of course I already knew how she was doing because I was involved. Not at the school but at home.
Believe it or not, some teachers seem to hate that. Others have said "Thank you, thank you, thank you".
I'm sure you know that, though.

PS..I didn't look at the link..Only one more year to go here! :thewave:

I agree, parents are the first and best teachers their children will have. Very few kids succeed without involved parents.

Mr. P said:
Now if we could just get that across to the parents that think It's "all YOUR" job. :)

Somehow we both no that will never happen, but thanks for the hope! :)

Forum List

Back