Hey Newt, pay off your OWN damn debts!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mustang, May 2, 2012.

1. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,802
    Nobody likes hypocrites. I don't think anyone will dispute that fact. But when the hypocrisy comes from the political leaders and wannabe presidents who routinely see it as their place to preach to the rest of us because they're SO much more responsible than we (the little people) are, it's particularly galling.

Well, it looks like Newt has gotten himself into some serious debt to the tune of about $4 million because his ego (and the ego of his wife, no doubt) kept him in the presidential race long after it was apparent that he didn't have a prayer at securing the nomination.

Now, after months of blasting Romney, I hear Newt is willing to endorse Romney as long as he gets help in retiring his debt? What's that about? "Pay me, and I'll endorse you, Mitt!" It sounds like extortion to me because the inference is that Newt wouldn't endorse Romney unless he gets paid.

Can we finally put an end to the ridiculous notion that people like Newt Gingrich have ANY kind of moral compass at all? If you learned nothing from his serial marriages which came as a result of dumping previous wives, or if you thought that those things were merely issues of personal behavior, guess again. The man is amoral.