Hey, Morons. You Can't Make Money By Going Deeper Into Debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why cut something that doesn't cause the debt in the first place? Why not cut the areas that cause the debt like reforming healthcare, stop the wars and increase revenue?

Cutting infrastructure, science, r&d and education would hurt our economy and make it even harder to pay the debt.

roflbot_zps11386433.jpg

Why cut something that doesn't cause the debt in the first place? Why not cut the areas that cause the debt like reforming healthcare, stop the wars and increase revenue?

Cutting infrastructure, science, r&d and education would hurt our economy and make it even harder to pay the debt.
They could privatize healthcare, and cut our 160 worthless government agencies. It would be a start.

Pumpkin,
As far as I have seen the interaction between hospitals and insurance company has the following effects:
1) It nullifies all competition.
2) It creates a spiral of prices.
The only proper way in which private healthcare can work is if insurance works as an indivudual saving account. That way people will actually do shoping and search the hospitals that yield the best price / service.

The US remains the only developed country that doesn't have a public healthcare system. It also has the most expensive system. And I've heard any kind of excuses for this:
a) US citizens are fatter
b) They use more drugs
c) They have illegal immigrants.
d) Have the best healthcare in the world

But none of this explains that prices ar 2 or 3 times higher than other developed countries. It is so expensive , it is cheaper to have some of those procedures performed overseas ( a good option if you are uninsured).

Nationalized health care would limit costs. Under a national health care system, nobody could get away with raising the price of some drug by 1500%.

Yeah, the government does a wonderful job with that

VA spent $20M on art as ailing veterans languished, report finds | Fox News

They could privatize healthcare, and cut our 160 worthless government agencies. It would be a start.

Pumpkin,
As far as I have seen the interaction between hospitals and insurance company has the following effects:
The only proper way in which private healthcare can work is if insurance works as an indivudual saving account. That way people will actually do shoping and search the hospitals that yield the best price / service.

The US remains the only developed country that doesn't have a public healthcare system. It also has the most expensive system. And I've heard any kind of excuses for this:
b) They use more drugs

But none of this explains that prices ar 2 or 3 times higher than other developed countries. It is so expensive , it is cheaper to have some of those procedures performed overseas ( a good option if you are uninsured).

Nationalized health care would limit costs. Under a national health care system, nobody could get away with raising the price of some drug by 1500%.

The VA is a different matter. When people go into the military, they are expected to be willing to sacrifice themselves. The problem is that when they get out, they are still expected to sacrifice themselves. In terms of poor health care through the VA. And one of the reasons for that is that somebody can get a doctors diploma at Tequila U, El Salvador, and join the military. Where he can't be sued for malpractice.

Pumpkin,

b) They use more drugs

The VA is a different matter. When people go into the military, they are expected to be willing to sacrifice themselves. The problem is that when they get out, they are still expected to sacrifice themselves. In terms of poor health care through the VA. And one of the reasons for that is that somebody can get a doctors diploma at Tequila U, El Salvador, and join the military. Where he can't be sued for malpractice.

The VA is government run healthcare, run by the very same government you want to turn everybody's health care over to.

Boom son exactly. No rich person on the planet owes a cent to anybody. Trump buys everything with straight cash, and doesn't owe a dime on any investment!

* sigh *

There is a vast difference between taking out debt to finance an ASSET purchase/investment and taking out debt for consumption purchases (going on vacation).

The U.S. debt has been to finance consumption, and the end is not going to be pretty...especially when one adds the $Trillions of unfunded liabilities that make the U.S. insolvent according to proper accounting standards.

LIberterian, idiot,

We're going in debt because of your wars and tax breaks.

Infrastructure, science, r&d or education never caused the debt. Period.
No, we're going into debt because of socialized healthcare, government programs for lazy people, and 160 worthless government agencies.

Excuse me for butting in. But countries like Japan and Germany have nationalized, single payer health care. And given their size, they kick America's ass economically. As well as in many other regards.

Japan kicks our butt economically?

As if.

LIberterian, idiot,

No, we're going into debt because of socialized healthcare, government programs for lazy people, and 160 worthless government agencies.

Excuse me for butting in. But countries like Japan and Germany have nationalized, single payer health care. And given their size, they kick America's ass economically. As well as in many other regards.
Highly doubt Japan or Germany beats America in anything, besides animation in Japan's case. Even if they did, it's likely because their healthcare doesn't tax businesses per-employee, and their leader isn't quite as incompetent.

Admittedly, I was talking in terms of the yearly value of their exports. Take the U.S. It is a large country rich with natural resources and arable land. We also have 319 million people. Then there is Japan. A country that is poor in natural resources. Their population is 127 million. Then there is Germany. Another small country with limited natural resources and arable land. Their population is about 81 million. Now look at the yearly value of the exports of each country.

U.S. 1 trillion, 612 billion.
Germany, 1 TRILLION, 492 BILLION
Japan, 792 BILLION.
You have to take into account that thanks to Liberal whackjobs, we aren't allowed to use said natural resources, and that despite that, America still has a better economy.

Pumpkin,

b) They use more drugs

The VA is government run healthcare, run by the very same government you want to turn everybody's health care over to.

How do I explain this again so that even YOU can understand. The VA is a joke. It started out as a joke and it still is a joke. It needs to be abolished. Until we get rid of the mexicans that are keeping us from doing so and adopt universal health care, Vets should instead be given medicare-medicade. Where they can go to private doctors. The sub standard health care workers in the VA will just have to fend for themselves.

Also, ever see the documentary "Sicko?" In it they had the film makers go on a "ride along" with a doctor who drove around making house calls. The U.S. hasn't seen that level of quality of health care in a very long time. And as far as I know, the VA would never even consider such a thing.

Pumpkin,

b) They use more drugs

How do I explain this again so that even YOU can understand. The VA is a joke. It started out as a joke and it still is a joke. It needs to be abolished. Until we get rid of the mexicans that are keeping us from doing so and adopt universal health care, Vets should instead be given medicare-medicade. Where they can go to private doctors. The sub standard health care workers in the VA will just have to fend for themselves.

Also, ever see the documentary "Sicko?" In it they had the film makers go on a "ride along" with a doctor who drove around making house calls. The U.S. hasn't seen that level of quality of health care in a very long time. And as far as I know, the VA would never even consider such a thing.

Wasn't this Trump University's main selling point?

Borrow $35,000 and you'll get rich just like trump.

LIberterian, idiot,

Japan kicks our butt economically?

As if.

Look at post #19.

LIberterian, idiot,

Highly doubt Japan or Germany beats America in anything, besides animation in Japan's case. Even if they did, it's likely because their healthcare doesn't tax businesses per-employee, and their leader isn't quite as incompetent.

Admittedly, I was talking in terms of the yearly value of their exports. Take the U.S. It is a large country rich with natural resources and arable land. We also have 319 million people. Then there is Japan. A country that is poor in natural resources. Their population is 127 million. Then there is Germany. Another small country with limited natural resources and arable land. Their population is about 81 million. Now look at the yearly value of the exports of each country.

U.S. 1 trillion, 612 billion.
Germany, 1 TRILLION, 492 BILLION
Japan, 792 BILLION.
You have to take into account that thanks to Liberal whackjobs, we aren't allowed to use said natural resources, and that despite that, America still has a better economy.

First of all, if the U.S. was the size of Germany and we had 81 million people instead of 319 million, how good do you think our economy would be doing then. As things are now, I SHOWED you that given their size, they kick America's ass when it comes to the yearly value of their exports.

As to using natural resources, what do you think is happening here in the U.S. with coal companies blasting and plowing off mountain tops to get at coal instead of hiring miners. Or what do you think is going on with gas companies polluting ground water and causing earthquakes with fracking. I will also include some pictures of the old growth forests here over the years. And what is left there are still many who want to cut that down. Tell me we haven't been exploiting the hell out of that resource. Etc. etc. etc. etc.

Old-Growth-Forests-in-US.png

Wasn't this Trump University's main selling point?

Borrow $35,000 and you'll get rich just like trump.

I never said Trump was perfect. But he is a hell of a lot better than Hillary. As to the Trump University, his objective was to teach students about how economics REALLY works. He couldn't have taught them a better lesson.

LIberterian, idiot,

That's false. The debt is from 2 wars put on the credit card, a Medicare Plan D that was never funded, and a huge tax break for millionaires that was never funded.

We've had privatized healthcare and still do. All it did was bankrupt Americans who had catastrophic medical bills.

Pumpkin,

b) They use more drugs

Those deadbeats should pay for their own healthcare instead of looking for government freebies whenever they get a paper cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back