Hey, Morons. You Can't Make Money By Going Deeper Into Debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzler

Jul 25, 2016
Only those of you who think we can should consider themselves to be morons. Unfortunately some people do make money by having our country go deeper into debt. But when our money basically becomes worthless due to that debt, how much money will they have then. Though that doesn't really matter. Because if they have more of whatever than most people, no doubt the wealthy will be satisfied.

Right now, the U.S. is over 18 trillion dollars in debt. Each year we have to pay about 420 billion dollars just on the interest of that debt. We also have about 61 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations. But each year, with China alone, I have seen estimates of our trade imbalance with them ranging from 300 billion dollars to over 700 billion dollars. Vote for Hillary and see if we can keep going down the debt path without imploding.

leftist think borrowing - printing money when you are deep deep deep in debt is ok people other people take out loans that they can pay back over a short time.

They think it's the same thing, so explaining to them how it's not is like trying to teach a monkey to hunt bears.

• Banned
Boom son exactly. No rich person on the planet owes a cent to anybody. Trump buys everything with straight cash, and doesn't owe a dime on any investment!

They say it takes money to make money. There are a whole bunch of people who had to borrow money to make money. So what you say isn't always true. Also, I seem to remember hearing of Apple Computers having to borrow over 100 billion dollars from their arch enemy Bill Gates to stay afloat. They may (or may not) have paid it back. But even though they were what I would consider to be wealthy, Apple at one time owed plenty.

• Banned
leftist think borrowing - printing money when you are deep deep deep in debt is ok people other people take out loans that they can pay back over a short time.

They think it's the same thing, so explaining to them how it's not is like trying to teach a monkey to hunt bears.

Debt and obligations combined comes out to about 79 trillion dollars. It would be interesting to know what that means every American and even American fetus is in the hole for. But my calculator can't handle such large numbers. But it is certainly far more than the average person could ever dream of paying back.

LIberterian, idiot,

We're going in debt because of your wars and tax breaks.

Infrastructure, science, r&d or education never caused the debt. Period.
No, we're going into debt because of socialized healthcare, government programs for lazy people, and 160 worthless government agencies.

• Banned
LIberterian, idiot,

No, we're going into debt because of socialized healthcare, government programs for lazy people, and 160 worthless government agencies.

Excuse me for butting in. But countries like Japan and Germany have nationalized, single payer health care. And given their size, they kick America's ass economically. As well as in many other regards.

LIberterian, idiot,

Excuse me for butting in. But countries like Japan and Germany have nationalized, single payer health care. And given their size, they kick America's ass economically. As well as in many other regards.

Sizzler,
What is exactly your concern? Public or private debt? and most importantly , why?
US-Debt-to-GDP1.png

Edit: and what do you think will happen if both private and public sector reduce their debts at the same time?
Tip : total expenditure = goods & services produced + public debt + private debt.

Last edited:
Why cut something that doesn't cause the debt in the first place? Why not cut the areas that cause the debt like reforming healthcare, stop the wars and increase revenue?

Cutting infrastructure, science, r&d and education would hurt our economy and make it even harder to pay the debt.

LIberterian, idiot,

Highly doubt Japan or Germany beats America in anything, besides animation in Japan's case. Even if they did, it's likely because their healthcare doesn't tax businesses per-employee, and their leader isn't quite as incompetent.

Why cut something that doesn't cause the debt in the first place? Why not cut the areas that cause the debt like reforming healthcare, stop the wars and increase revenue?

Cutting infrastructure, science, r&d and education would hurt our economy and make it even harder to pay the debt.
They could privatize healthcare, and cut our 160 worthless government agencies. It would be a start.

They could privatize healthcare, and cut our 160 worthless government agencies. It would be a start.

Pumpkin,
As far as I have seen the interaction between hospitals and insurance company has the following effects:
1) It nullifies all competition.
2) It creates a spiral of prices.
The only proper way in which private healthcare can work is if insurance works as an indivudual saving account. That way people will actually do shoping and search the hospitals that yield the best price / service.

The US remains the only developed country that doesn't have a public healthcare system. It also has the most expensive system. And I've heard any kind of excuses for this:
a) US citizens are fatter
b) They use more drugs
c) They have illegal immigrants.
d) Have the best healthcare in the world

But none of this explains that prices ar 2 or 3 times higher than other developed countries. It is so expensive , it is cheaper to have some of those procedures performed overseas ( a good option if you are uninsured).

LIberterian, idiot,

Sizzler,
What is exactly your concern? Public or private debt? and most importantly , why?
US-Debt-to-GDP1.png

Edit: and what do you think will happen if both private and public sector reduce their debts at the same time?
Tip : total expenditure = goods & services produced + public debt + private debt.

To separate the government-public and private side of our civilization is quite a trick. Though a stupid one that I don't even care to address. Also, money is basically just a state of mind. It is just a "middle man" to what people need to survive. or dominate others. That aside, as I said elsewhere, each year we lose anywhere from 300 billion dollars to over 700 billion dollars in trade to China alone. And each year we HAVE to pay 420 billion dollars just on the interest of our national debt. But the government can't come up with 2 billion dollars to fight the Zika virus.

Also, it is because of this debt (and illegal invaders who no would love it) that the U.S. apparently can't afford universal health care like most of the other developed countries have. But if it was run by the government instead of insurance companies and the like, the U.S. could outright afford to give something like 43 million Americans free health care. Getting rid of all the useless bureaucracy alone would take a huge bite out of what it would cost for universal health care. Not to mention the secondary savings in not having people become homeless or go bankrupt because they can't afford their medical treatment.

You have it all wrong. You simply eliminate the debt. Then you restructure society so that going into debt isn't allowed.

LIberterian, idiot,

Highly doubt Japan or Germany beats America in anything, besides animation in Japan's case. Even if they did, it's likely because their healthcare doesn't tax businesses per-employee, and their leader isn't quite as incompetent.

Admittedly, I was talking in terms of the yearly value of their exports. Take the U.S. It is a large country rich with natural resources and arable land. We also have 319 million people. Then there is Japan. A country that is poor in natural resources. Their population is 127 million. Then there is Germany. Another small country with limited natural resources and arable land. Their population is about 81 million. Now look at the yearly value of the exports of each country.

U.S. 1 trillion, 612 billion.
Germany, 1 TRILLION, 492 BILLION
Japan, 792 BILLION.

Pumpkin,
As far as I have seen the interaction between hospitals and insurance company has the following effects:
1) It nullifies all competition.
2) It creates a spiral of prices.
The only proper way in which private healthcare can work is if insurance works as an indivudual saving account. That way people will actually do shoping and search the hospitals that yield the best price / service.

The US remains the only developed country that doesn't have a public healthcare system. It also has the most expensive system. And I've heard any kind of excuses for this:
a) US citizens are fatter
b) They use more drugs
c) They have illegal immigrants.
d) Have the best healthcare in the world

But none of this explains that prices ar 2 or 3 times higher than other developed countries. It is so expensive , it is cheaper to have some of those procedures performed overseas ( a good option if you are uninsured).

Nationalized health care would limit costs. Under a national health care system, nobody could get away with raising the price of some drug by 1500%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back