Hey MM, question for ya!

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
So when exactly were you planning on putting that Meatloaf Tribute Band together?

:teeth:

ROFLMAO! You caught me on that one! My recurring nightmare - the one that makes me sit bolt upright in bed bathed in sweat - is that I have somehow landed in a Meatloaf tribute band - and actually have to CARE about the arrangement on "Paradise by the Dashboard Light".

It was great seeing you and Gaffer last night. Me and Gaffer go back a little ways; it's always fun swapping stories with him.

And you sure do pretty the place up!

Mr. P said:
Not to be rude MM, but if ya would have been in the "Meatloaf" group,
you wouldn't be playing in a bar now. :)

True dat, Mr. P, true dat.

I'm just having some fun. :thup:

Truth be known, though, most of the guys who back the big stars are just hired guns, rather than part of a "group", per se. Since Meat Loaf hasn't been out on the road for awhile, it's entirely possible that some of his "band" are, indeed, playing in bars. No matter; nightclub, arena, roadhouse, or cruise ship - I'm happy for any musician doing anything. There are easier ways to make a living.

musicman said:
Truth be known, though, most of the guys who back the big stars are just hired guns, rather than part of a "group", per se. Since Meat Loaf hasn't been out on the road for awhile, it's entirely possible that some of his "band" are, indeed, playing in bars. No matter; nightclub, arena, roadhouse, or cruise ship - I'm happy for any musician doing anything. There are easier ways to make a living.

That they are. Part of Emerson Lake and Palmer plays at a local tavern nearby, total dinks, the enitre band.

I like Paradise by the dashboard lights. Ever notice that meatloaf looks a lot like Tom Arnold.

Always fun to go down and remenise with the musicman.

Even big name musicians can end up playing in small bars. I once walked into a small bar near Davis Ca. and the Beau Brummels were performing there. (Only the older folks will recognize that name). It was all the original members and they did all their hits. Was a great night.

oooo whooo

Said1 said:
That they are. Part of Emerson Lake and Palmer plays at a local tavern nearby, total dinks, the enitre band.

LOL! A friend of mine toured the world, playing drums for David Bowie. Now, he's back here, setting up his rig in tiny little bars where he has to compete for space with the pool table. He's a good-humored chap, though. It's all music - whether you're in the penthouse or the outhouse!

gaffer said:
I like Paradise by the dashboard lights. Ever notice that meatloaf looks a lot like Tom Arnold.

Always fun to go down and remenise with the musicman.

Even big name musicians can end up playing in small bars. I once walked into a small bar near Davis Ca. and the Beau Brummels were performing there. (Only the older folks will recognize that name). It was all the original members and they did all their hits. Was a great night.

oooo whooo

Hell yeah, buddy! "Laugh, Laugh", "Just a Little" - what a group! Did you see them on the episode of "F Troop", where Cpl. Agarn was going to leave the Army to become a talent agent? Hilarious!

musicman said:
LOL! A friend of mine toured the world, playing drums for David Bowie. Now, he's back here, setting up his rig in tiny little bars where he has to compete for space with the pool table. He's a good-humored chap, though. It's all music - whether you're in the penthouse or the outhouse!

I agree, and I've run across a few others playing downtown, great musicians, nice people. I'd rather see them play in a small bar anyway, maybe get a chance to shoot the shit a little bit. There are some terrific blues artists who pass through Ottawa, I try to see as many as humanly possible.:D

musicman said:
Yes, I've known enough folks in the business to understand what you're saying..
I've known some fantastic talent...that never made it big, and two that had one major hit.
It's sad really that it's not always talent that means success in the music business, it's all left to the guys in NY to decide...IMO.

Hell, Goshorn Bros/Pure Prairie League (Amy) plays around here all the time. Friends ran into Eric Clapton in a bar in DC just sittin' in with some band. Scotty Anderson (rated one of the top five guitarists in the country) plays here, too.

A musician sometimes gets tired of the road. So they come home for awhile to reconnect. But they still gotta play. It's in their blood.

Anyone know who Hal Blaine is? Studio drummer. Has played for many a great band, recording. So much so he had one guy come up to him & say, " You can't imagine what it was like to find out you were 10 of my most favorite drummers"!
You just never know.........

New Topics

Forum List

Back