Hey, Mitt; ya missed a spot.

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Like your entire Massachusetts Governor bit.

Paul Begala:What's Mitt Romney Hiding in His Record as Governor - The Daily Beast

It’s weird. Most governors who seek the presidency can’t shut up about how great their states are. Right now, there’s an even-money chance that Bill Clinton is telling someone that Hope, Ark., produces the biggest, juiciest watermelons in the world. But not Mitt. In the most important speech of his presidential campaign thus far, he ignored the only time he has ever held public office.

That is a mistake. Romney should be defining his record in Massachusetts before his opponents can define it for him. Two days before Romney’s kickoff speech, appearing on NBC’s Meet the Press, Obama strategist David Axelrod began carpet-bombing the Massachusetts record, noting that Romney is touting his business acumen, but also that he did the same when he ran for governor. “He said, ‘I’m going to get the economy moving again. I’m a businessman. I know how to create jobs.’ [The state] went from 37th in the nation in job creation to 47th in the nation in job creation. So we’ve tested the Romney acumen when it comes to creating jobs, and he’s been found wanting.”

Perhaps that’s why Romney doesn’t dwell on his record as governor. His state really was 47th in job creation, behind only Ohio and Michigan, both of which were being ravaged in the manufacturing meltdown, and Louisiana, which had been devastated by Katrina. Romney even trailed Mississippi and Alabama in job growth, breaking the iron law that Mississippi and Alabama have to be last in pretty much everything except cockfights and kissin’ cousins. While the country as a whole enjoyed 5 percent growth, Romney’s Massachusetts grew at 0.9 percent.

So - tell me again. Why should we believe he can do well by 50 states, when he set the one he had back 10 spots?

It's really sad that any message board would make a stupid piece of shit like that a mod. It's one thing to bully and spam as a regular poster, but quite another as a mod.

It's really sad that any message board would make a stupid piece of shit like that a mod. It's one thing to bully and spam as a regular poster, but quite another as a mod.
kleenex.jpg

Paul Begala:What's Mitt Romney Hiding in His Record as Governor - The Daily Beast

It’s weird. Most governors who seek the presidency can’t shut up about how great their states are. Right now, there’s an even-money chance that Bill Clinton is telling someone that Hope, Ark., produces the biggest, juiciest watermelons in the world. But not Mitt. In the most important speech of his presidential campaign thus far, he ignored the only time he has ever held public office.

That is a mistake. Romney should be defining his record in Massachusetts before his opponents can define it for him. Two days before Romney’s kickoff speech, appearing on NBC’s Meet the Press, Obama strategist David Axelrod began carpet-bombing the Massachusetts record, noting that Romney is touting his business acumen, but also that he did the same when he ran for governor. “He said, ‘I’m going to get the economy moving again. I’m a businessman. I know how to create jobs.’ [The state] went from 37th in the nation in job creation to 47th in the nation in job creation. So we’ve tested the Romney acumen when it comes to creating jobs, and he’s been found wanting.”

Perhaps that’s why Romney doesn’t dwell on his record as governor. His state really was 47th in job creation, behind only Ohio and Michigan, both of which were being ravaged in the manufacturing meltdown, and Louisiana, which had been devastated by Katrina. Romney even trailed Mississippi and Alabama in job growth, breaking the iron law that Mississippi and Alabama have to be last in pretty much everything except cockfights and kissin’ cousins. While the country as a whole enjoyed 5 percent growth, Romney’s Massachusetts grew at 0.9 percent.

So - tell me again. Why should we believe he can do well by 50 states, when he set the one he had back 10 spots?

Come to think of it, I never heard Obama brag about the wonderful things he did for Chicago. Other than knowing that guy in the neighborhood, what did he really do?

Do you have the stats for each individual state? It gives Mass, but the others were combined. How's Michigan? California?

I think Obama has done for the country what he did for Chicago.

Clintoon had more of a negligible record in Arkansas than Romney has, dumbass....And that didn't stop (D) bootlickers like you from supporting him.

Unlike you, I can remember all the way back to 1992.
So, what's your point? That, since Clinton had a bad record as Governor (which I dispute, but hey, it's your fantasy) and was elected President, then Romney should be elected President?

What a dope.

And if that is your point, it's a FAIL. Clinton reformed Arkansas' education system, from the worst in the nation to one of the best.

That's a hell of a lot better than Mitt turning Mass. into the 3rd worst state in the nation for job creation, especially since that's what he is running on.

Last edited:

Come to think of it, I never heard Obama brag about the wonderful things he did for Chicago. Other than knowing that guy in the neighborhood, what did he really do?

Do you have the stats for each individual state? It gives Mass, but the others were combined. How's Michigan? California?

I think Obama has done for the country what he did for Chicago.
He wasn't Mayor of Chicago, idiot.

Two things.

First, Romney has no real chance of carrying Massachusetts in the General. The last time a president won teh presidency without carrying his home state was... um, never, as near as I can tell.

Second, the reason why Romney can't run on his record is because he effectively governed as a liberal. He imposed RomneyCare (which we are now assured is "liberal", even though it was Conservative when the Heritage Foundation proposd it) and oversaw the first state to legalize gay marriage.

Clintoon had more of a negligible record in Arkansas than Romney has, dumbass....And that didn't stop (D) bootlickers like you from supporting him.

Unlike you, I can remember all the way back to 1992.

Booosh!

but can you remember back to 1980?

Forum List

Back