Hey Libs!

GE is getting some pretty big contracts through the Obama Administration.

They've got the contract for all of the new electric car charging stations to be used with GM cars and they got the contract for the new health care bill's electronic records system.

Source?

obama20ge20logo1.jpg

G.E.'s BIG BROTHER

Enjoy the read, sport.

They've got the contract for all of the new electric car charging stations to be used with GM cars and they got the contract for the new health care bill's electronic records system.

Source?

G.E.'s BIG BROTHER

Enjoy the read, sport.

I don't see anything about contracts for charging stations or electronic health record--or any federal contracts, for that matter. The only thing specifically named is the Joint Strike Fighter, which we know from the news today is in limbo.

Does one of them discuss federal contracts for charging stations or electronic health records? Because that would be great.

The NY Times article...which is excellent..goes through the history of tax cuts for GE and how they are off shoring both profits and jobs.

Have to say..there were a few surprises.

And WHY should Gubmint even be involved in this?

Involved in what? Infrastructure development?

Regardless, I can't respond until somebody directs me to something describing what federal contracts are even being discussed here. Hence the repeated requests for a source.

Last edited:
Just heard it on the Factor. GE made $5B dollars last year and paid zero in taxes.. Immelt is obie wan's good buddy..

What do you think about that?

Go!

I think that Immelt was also on Obama's trip last week, with him. Close. Nice. Cozy! How nice to be able to escape federal income taxes, huh? Most of the job creators I know pay theirs, in addition to payroll taxes and all the rest.

Last edited:
Just heard it on the Factor. GE made $5B dollars last year and paid zero in taxes.. Immelt is obie wan's good buddy..

Go!

I think that Immelt was also on Obama's trip last week, with him. Close. Nice. Cozy! How nice to be able to escape federal income taxes, huh? Most of the job creators I know pay theirs, in addition to payroll taxes and all the rest.

Immelt sure as heck went to India with Obama...

Obama: General Electric's work will boost economy with overseas sales

Interesting that Immelt is part of Obama's Economic team?

In his second visit to the Capital District during his presidency, Obama told employees, elected officials and other invited guests that nations like China and India must become America’s customers if it is to compete with them in a global economy—a task GE, led by one of Obama’s economic advisors, has already embarked upon.

Obama’s appearance included a tour of the facility with CEO Jeffrey Immelt, whom Obama named Friday to head his Council on Jobs and Competiveness, an economic advisory council.

An interesting GE isn't paying Taxes?

Questions on GE's 0% tax rate

Go!

In his second visit to the Capital District during his presidency, Obama told employees, elected officials and other invited guests that nations like China and India must become America’s customers if it is to compete with them in a global economy—a task GE, led by one of Obama’s economic advisors, has already embarked upon.

Obama’s appearance included a tour of the facility with CEO Jeffrey Immelt, whom Obama named Friday to head his Council on Jobs and Competiveness, an economic advisory council.

You sure didn't seem to have any problem whatsoever with the Bush administration cozying up to the Oil industry. Heck..Bush and Cheney were oilmen.

Go!

Study Tallies Corporations Not Paying Income Tax - NYTimes.com
Two out of every three United States corporations paid no federal income taxes from 1998 through 2005, according to a report released Tuesday by the Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of Congress.
This is the only report that I find. If you can find one to the contrary that is more current, then I stand corrected.

Last edited:

Go!

Study Tallies Corporations Not Paying Income Tax - NYTimes.com
Two out of every three United States corporations paid no federal income taxes from 1998 through 2005, according to a report released Tuesday by the Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of Congress.
This is the only report that I find. If you can find one to the contrary, I stand corrected.

I think AquaAthena was referring to small business people. Not huge corporations.

You sure didn't seem to have any problem whatsoever with the Bush administration cozying up to the Oil industry. Heck..Bush and Cheney were oilmen.

*BOOOOOOSH*!!

I have a huge problem with it and have always...

Pay attention...son. Being ignorant and a broken record is no way to glide through life...especially when you ASSUME and are WRONG.

How am I going down the road of hypocrisy by pointing out they indeed employ a lot of Americans and in fact pay a shit load in payroll taxes...?

Well in my thread..I posted the article from the Times. GE has actually been firing lots of Americans and hiring overseas.

They've got the contract for all of the new electric car charging stations to be used with GM cars and they got the contract for the new health care bill's electronic records system. They also make those stupid florescent bulbs that are being exchanged for all of the incandescent bulbs that are now being outlawed.

Billions for friends of Obama.
So the shame is Obama has friends? LOL!:lol: Vote for Truck Drivers.

*BOOOOOOSH*!!

I have a huge problem with it and have always...

Pay attention...son. Being ignorant and a broken record is no way to glide through life...especially when you ASSUME and are WRONG.

No you didn't.

Not in the slightest. You were one of the stauchest defenders of Bush. I was there chief.

You may want to re-write history..but there are many around here who absolutely know different.

Man up and own up to it.

Forum List

Back