Hey Libertarians, Think This Was Good?

paul would not have gotten all the romney votes... the neocons hate him....

So do you think they would have supported Obama over Paul? I don't think that'd be a stretch. The question is, how much sway do the hardcore neocons really have over the party in general?

Not every conservative who isn't a libertarian is a neocon.

Not saying they are, in fact I'm saying the opposite. Your average conservative voter, in my estimation, is not a neocon, not a paleocon, not a libertarian, but does tend to vote solidly Republican and probably dislikes Obama. Now that being said, how much sway will the neocons, which is the only segment of the conservative movement I can really see abandoning Paul to vote Obama, in convincing your average conservative voter to switch to voting Democrat or third party?

They locked out both Dr. Paul and Santorum of the RNC, just to project the illusion of universal support for Vinnie Vitalis.

The GOP can suck a big fat chili dog.

Let's figure this right now...

Romney lost women and minorities, and I'm sure a huge chunk of the youth vote.

Paul would have gotten all the Romney votes, especially the ABO vote, plus a lot of Romney's lost demographics...the people who were begging for someone better than Obama and didn't get that in Romney.

Yeah...Paul would have won.

They hate Obama more.

A generalization but the libertarians seem to be about as far away from social conservatives (the "base" of the repub party) as is possible.

Definitely not.

But the neocons, who are in control of the GOP establishment, detest libertarians almost as viscerally as do progressives.

I agree with that statement. I won't vote for the GOP chosen ever again. I lean more Libertarian on issues such as butting our noses in to the entire world's affairs- ending the tax code, abolishing the Fed, EPA, Dept Of Edu, etc etc.. I'm pro-life but so are most Libertarians. I don't seek to impose my view on others so thus LEFTISTS have no right to my hard earned tax dollars to fund abortion.

Everyone has the right to vote for whomever best represents their views. The GOP establishment lost this election on their own with the help of voter fraud in many places as well.

Definitely not.

But the neocons, who are in control of the GOP establishment, detest libertarians almost as viscerally as do progressives.

I agree with that statement. I won't vote for the GOP chosen ever again. I lean more Libertarian on issues such as butting our noses in to the entire world's affairs- ending the tax code, abolishing the Fed, EPA, Dept Of Edu, etc etc.. I'm pro-life but so are most Libertarians. I don't seek to impose my view on others so thus LEFTISTS have no right to my hard earned tax dollars to fund abortion.

Everyone has the right to vote for whomever best represents their views. The GOP establishment lost this election on their own with the help of voter fraud in many places as well.
your link didn't post-through to back up your accusation :eusa_whistle:

Paul would have gotten all the Romney votes, especially the ABO vote, plus a lot of Romney's lost demographics...the people who were begging for someone better than Obama and didn't get that in Romney.

They hate Obama more.

I doubt that actually.

I wonder do anyone realizes that Libertarians are the rope in a tug of war beetween Republican social policies and Democrats economic policies?

In the end, Libertarians tend to vote like any other dis-enfranchised voting block in the nation.

They hate Obama more.

I don't know about that. They Obama more so long as the Republican candidate is an even bigger warmonger they can control. I have no trouble believing the hardcore neoconservatives would back him over Paul.

Definitely not.

I don't know that most libertarians are pro-life, but there's certainly a large segment of them that are.

They hate Obama more.

I don't know about that. They Obama more so long as the Republican candidate is an even bigger warmonger they can control. I have no trouble believing the hardcore neoconservatives would back him over Paul.

I think that's a small enough demographic that the gain in women and minorities would be enough.

Daily Kos: Libertarians provided the margin for Democrats in at least nine elections

Let's just say, the kos folks are laughing at you and conservatives:

As we've perused last week's election returns, we'd noticed a number of races where Libertarian candidates appear to have played spoiler for Republicans—certainly, more than we're accustomed to. While we haven't run a comparison with prior cycles, we've identified no fewer than nine contests in 2012 where the Libertarian received more votes than the difference between the Democratic and Republican candidates. What's more, none of these involved the typical 1 or maybe 2 percent you ordinarily expect a Lib to garner: Looking at the three-way vote, all but one were over 3 percent, and three took 6 percent or more, with a high of 6.5 percent in the Montana Senate race. These definitely seem like unusually high figures.

So what's going on here? I wouldn't want to speculate too much based on this limited data set. But I could easily believe that a growing proportion of conservative-leaning voters are too disgusted with the GOP to pull the Republican lever, but who won't vote for Democrats either, are choosing a third option and going Libertarian instead. This thesis dovetails with something else we saw this year: independents generally leaning more rightward simply because at least some former Republicans are now refusing to identify with their old party. It's not much of a stretch to imagine that some folks like that don't want to vote for their old party either.

The chart above summarizes our findings, based on preliminary data from the AP, with a big hat-tip to my colleague Jed Lewison. (Note that MI-11 refers to the unexpired term for ex-Rep. Thad McCotter's seat, not the full-two year term that starts in January.) It's too facile to say that without the Lib, every Democrat would have lost. But some very likely would have, so it's reasonable to conclude that the Libertarian Party gifted quite a few seats to Team Blue this year. Thanks, friends!

You can thank the GOP for that. :thup:

I know of several posters right here on this board that would have voted for Paul if he was the GOP candidate, but voted for Obama because Paul wasn't.

Kos doesn't get to assign my vote to anyone, any more so than does any repub.

Who got my vote if I stayed home?

Exactly.

I would wager that more people who would have voted GOP chose to stay home than there were people who went out and voted Libertarian.

Kos doesn't get to assign my vote to anyone, any more so than does any repub.

Who got my vote if I stayed home?

Exactly.

I would wager that more people who would have voted GOP chose to stay home than there were people who went out and voted Libertarian.

No question.

Which is why the GOP committed suicide by not welcoming the libertarian platform and the supporters.

Forum List

Back