Hey ladies, What's a Real Man.?

I just ate some popcorn, spied on mini echo and the bf ((I'm taking him home in 5 minutes)) and my man is somewhere where it's 11 degrees Celsius.

How do women nowadays define a "Real Man"?

Is he the kind of man that's sensitive and will cry with you or a man that rarely cries, if ever?

Is it the guy that does what he's told or tells you to kiss his butt when you come off with the orders?

Is it the guy who is willing to wait until your in the mood or lays one on ya and puts you in the mood?

If you insulted by some jerk, do you want your man to talk to him or kick his butt?

I'm just interested in hearing what the ladies or men I suppose consider a Real Man nowadays.

:popcorn:

After reading through this thread, I mostly agree with Dis, in that a real man knows the time and place for each of the things mentioned above. :cool:

Is he the kind of man that's sensitive and will cry with you or a man that rarely cries, if ever?

Is it the guy that does what he's told or tells you to kiss his butt when you come off with the orders?

Is it the guy who is willing to wait until your in the mood or lays one on ya and puts you in the mood?

If you insulted by some jerk, do you want your man to talk to him or kick his butt?

I'm just interested in hearing what the ladies or men I suppose consider a Real Man nowadays.

After reading through this thread, I mostly agree with Dis, in that a real man knows the time and place for each of the things mentioned above. :cool:

With all do respect to you and Dis,

1) crybaby or not
2)trained or not trained
3)Puss or aggressive lover
4)talker or butt kicker (for his ladies honor)

Sheez...:eusa_eh:

1) crybaby or not
2)trained or not trained

And with all due respect to you ... it varies, depending on the situation, just as what is expected of a good woman varies.

Are we supposed to hold your hand when you're down/depressed/upset or let you suck it up and struggle through, being all manly?

Do we baby you when you're sick or just leave you alone?

Do we be aggressive sometimes or all the times? "obey" you without question or stand up when we think you're wrong?

Act like the sexpot of your fantasies or "the little woman"? And how do we know which one you want when? (sorry - that one might be a bit of a silly question, hmmm?)

Are we supposed to get jealous when another chick hits on you or just be cool since we know you're with us?

Y'all aren't any easier than we are, you know. ;)

I take you on, Lumpy. I hope you can handle it. ;)

I am a feminist by all standards except in my personal and emotional relationships.

Is he the kind of man that's sensitive and will cry with you or a man that rarely cries, if ever? ....
He can let me see him cry or know about his crying once. A second time under extremely special circumstances. I want him to be an emotional rock, not cold, but solid.

.... Is it the guy that does what he's told or tells you to kiss his butt when you come off with the orders? ....
I am a handful. I am opinionated (surprised?). I am not generally stubborn, but when I have a strong opinion on something, I stand firm and dig in. If his position on a specific issue is just as passionate, I do not want him to cave so he better not be afraid to tell me to kiss his ass in that situation.

.... Is it the guy who is willing to wait until your in the mood or lays one on ya and puts you in the mood? ....
As I would seldom not be in the mood, I don't mind the latter at all if I'm not in the mood.

.... If you insulted by some jerk, do you want your man to talk to him or kick his butt? ....
I'm not a big fan of physical fights, but he should tell the jerk to piss off (intelligently), or if that doesn't work, use that actual terminology.

.... I'm just interested in hearing what the ladies or men I suppose consider a Real Man nowadays.

There ya go. ;)

I realize that I am a handful and a strong personality is a requisite trait in a man, for me, that is.

Hate to brag but if you look up "Man" in the dictionary you will find a picture of Gunny, Dude, Roomy, and myself posted right there in the defination. There's only a few of us real "Men" around these days.

Gunny was the only one I recognized in the dictionary. The rest of you has black lines going through your eyes. But, BBG Everyone would recogonize that tail of yours. :lol:

1) crybaby or not
2)trained or not trained

And with all due respect to you ... it varies, depending on the situation, just as what is expected of a good woman varies.

Are we supposed to hold your hand when you're down/depressed/upset or let you suck it up and struggle through, being all manly?

Do we be aggressive sometimes or all the times? "obey" you without question or stand up when we think you're wrong?

Act like the sexpot of your fantasies or "the little woman"? And how do we know which one you want when? (sorry - that one might be a bit of a silly question, hmmm?)

Are we supposed to get jealous when another chick hits on you or just be cool since we know you're with us?

Thank you, I can learn from this....:)

The problem as I see it is that women generally have no problem telling you after you did something wrong, they assume you should already know, yet they seem to have a problem telling, what the ground rules are in the first place.

How about this classic problem, You look at your wife/girlfriend and you know somethings wrong. Yet you ask and the answer is inevitably, "nothing". This cycle of ask/nothing can continue for sometime. What's a guy to do? Well anyway the cycle eventually gets to ASK then the ice breaks and it's the classic, "You should know" sheez..:eusa_doh:

I take you on, Lumpy. I hope you can handle it. ;)

I am a feminist by all standards except in my personal and emotional relationships.

Is he the kind of man that's sensitive and will cry with you or a man that rarely cries, if ever? ....
He can let me see him cry or know about his crying once. A second time under extremely special circumstances. I want him to be an emotional rock, not cold, but solid.

.... Is it the guy that does what he's told or tells you to kiss his butt when you come off with the orders? ....
I am a handful. I am opinionated (surprised?). I am not generally stubborn, but when I have a strong opinion on something, I stand firm and dig in. If his position on a specific issue is just as passionate, I do not want him to cave so he better not be afraid to tell me to kiss his ass in that situation.

As I would seldom not be in the mood, I don't mind the latter at all if I'm not in the mood.

.... If you insulted by some jerk, do you want your man to talk to him or kick his butt? ....
I'm not a big fan of physical fights, but he should tell the jerk to piss off (intelligently), or if that doesn't work, use that actual terminology.

.... I'm just interested in hearing what the ladies or men I suppose consider a Real Man nowadays.

There ya go. ;)

I realize that I am a handful and a strong personality is a requisite trait in a man, for me, that is.

Your going to like this, I'd be glad to but my wife wants me to go to the store, so I'll be back in 20 minutes...:lol:

I'll be happy with someone who is just on the same page as me most of the time. :)

Agreed! :lol:

And somebody who isn't afraid to be himself.

ahh... but you see what is "being on the same page" for YOU? What ideals do you need your man to uphold?

Exactly. ;)
You gentlemen are asking the wrong question.
It's not what ALL women want from ALL men. That's ridiculous. It's about every squirrel finding the right nut.
Of course, any girl looking for a nut is in the right place here! :D

The problem as I see it is that women generally have no problem telling you after you did something wrong, they assume you should already know, yet they seem to have a problem telling, what the ground rules are in the first place.

How about this classic problem, You look at your wife/girlfriend and you know somethings wrong. Yet you ask and the answer is inevitably, "nothing". This cycle of ask/nothing can continue for sometime. What's a guy to do? Well anyway the cycle eventually gets to ASK then the ice breaks and it's the classic, "You should know" sheez..:eusa_doh:

Again, I will say that life experience has taught me that women have the same issue with men. We're supposed to read your minds as well too. Sometimes that's pretty easy, sometimes not so much. :)

And if you don't get it after this, I guess you either don't really care how we feel or you weren't paying attention.

Kidding. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

1) crybaby or not
2)trained or not trained

Lumpy...do you know what's most important in a relationship? It is the art of communication with your bride or girlfriend. One of the first things you do when it's getting serious, is to have a talk on just how important communication is. Lay the ground rules that if there is an issue on either side, don't leave it up for assuming. Each will respect the other for getting it out...they or you may not like what you hear, but if you comminicate the feelings behind it, you can resolve the problem. My wife and I have disagreements, but we always go to bed with the issue resolved, and no hurt feelings.

Again, I will say that life experience has taught me that women have the same issue with men. Sometimes that's pretty easy, sometimes not so much. :)

And if you don't get it after this, I guess you either don't really care how we feel or you weren't paying attention.

Okay I get it, We're supposed to read your minds as well too. Gee, we sure resolved the issue....:lol:

By the way, I like your style, thinking and writing that is...

Lumpy...do you know what's most important in a relationship? It is the art of communication with your bride or girlfriend. One of the first things you do when it's getting serious, is to have a talk on just how important communication is. Lay the ground rules that if there is an issue on either side, don't leave it up for assuming. Each will respect the other for getting it out...they or you may not like what you hear, but if you comminicate the feelings behind it, you can resolve the problem. My wife and I have disagreements, but we always go to bed with the issue resolved, and no hurt feelings.

Thanks, and I agree... To be up front and all, I've been married...ah...27 years and the system you speak of has worked well for my wife and me also, except I must say, we have gone to bed with hurt feelings.

Forum List

Back