Hey... it's freakin' COLD up here...

did we mention hating you andrew? i think we did in the other thread lol....okay its gotta warmer here today...after the brutal minus 4....fucking minus 4...i live in the damned south....lol..but ed is right...we are prepared fully for it...we have just enough brutal cold to keep us on our feet...but them people in atlanta got no clue...and this is probably something you yanks dont know..many houses in atlanta are built without underpinning or block work..they dont care if the floor is open to the air ....joke is on them...but the worst is over for us....

would you really want to live in florida..come on pale..think about it....you would have andrew as a neighbor...did i mention we all...i speak for the entire board and all those with temps under 32....hate andrew...we are hate repping him as we speak ....

posting the beach pic was too much even for andrew

Would you be upset if I told you I was typing this from my laptop on the beach drinking a margarita.

Execuse me, need to put some sun block on...

i would love to live at the beach...however my dermotologist wouldnt approve ...i like having seasons...florida has beautiful horse country...the central part...people forget what a big part of the calving industry florida is. i have been to jackson beach and tampa/st pete area...it was nice in jackson beach ...this was several decades ago...you could walk on the beach...not in tampa/st pete... you couldnt find the beach...kick ass state fair..so florida does have its upside...and we will gloat just as much when its over 100 degrees in florida and the sand burns their feet

Gandy Beach on the St. Pete. side of the Gandy bridge you could drive on. My favorite beach. We'd have camp fires and everything. The cops never seemed to bother anyone there. Friday and Saturday nights people would cruise on the beach. I'd take my 4x4 Chevy truck down there early and get a good spot to park to watch the people and cars cruising the beach. I had a hat I got from an Easy Riders subscription that when you flipped up the bill, it said "show your tits" under it. So when bikini clad girls would walk by my truck and see my cooler there full of beer and they'd ask for one, I'd flip my hat brim up. I don't recall ever a girl refusing. Most would laugh and make a big deal out of showing their tits. Jiggle them around, back and forth. They were proud... and they got a beer... :lol:

Last edited:
I realize that people have a negative impression of Little Rock because Bill Clinton is from here, but it's really not that bad. :eusa_shhh:

I think it is lovely there in Little Rock....I was a Buyer for Dillard's Florida Division, but had to visit the Corporate Head Quarters there quite often...the Dillards corporate office was beautiful, off of Dillard Blvd or Drive....on the river, it was quite scenic! The weather was usually mild, but still experienced the change of seasons....some of the most beautiful azalea bushes/flowers there!

I grew up with this kind of weather, I've got the right clothes for it, I just can't stay warm outside in the cold.

I don't usually have too much of a problem staying warm outside when I put all the insulated stuff on, but this 28 below business is horrible. NOBODY should be outside in that.

And the obvious response to you not being able to stay warm is... stay inside. :lol:

Gandy Beach on the St. Pete. side of the Gandy bridge you could drive on. My favorite beach. We'd have camp fires and everything. The cops never seemed to bother anyone there. Friday and Saturday nights people would cruise on the beach. I'd take my 4x4 Chevy truck down there early and get a good spot to park to watch the people and cars cruising the beach. I had a hat I got from an Easy Riders subscription that when you flipped up the bill, it said "show your tits" under it. So when bikini clad girls would walk by my truck and see my cooler there full of beer and they'd ask for one, I'd flip my hat brim up. I don't recall ever a girl refusing. Most would laugh and make a big deal out of showing their tits. Jiggle them around, back and forth. They were proud... and they got a beer... :lol:

i lived in st pete across the Gandy bridge, for a bit, not too far from there....but i think the beaches on the gulf, st pete or treasure island or even madiera were spectacular, great shells!

Care

Well I'm pretty happy! We got up to -1, not the 5F they said, but better than this morning! Tomorrow they say it's going to 20F! Woot!

i lived in st pete across the Gandy bridge, for a bit, not too far from there....but i think the beaches on the gulf, st pete or treasure island or even madiera were spectacular, great shells!

Care

The marine life was amazing. The Sea Gulls, the Pelicans, the little Sand Crabs. One night at low tide we drove down the beach and the little Sand Crabs were out by the thousands. They were running towards the beach away from the water in the head lights. It was an incredible sight. It was as though the beach itself was alive and moving.

I didn't mind living in Tampa as much as I did in Las Vegas. I've grown to hate that town. There is NOTHING around it except DESSERT, and if you don't like gambling or night life, you won't like Vegas. Tampa just had a lot more to do. Well, Florida had a lot more to do. I went to the Daytona Beach Bike Week twice too, and that was a riot!

What is that place... Fort Desoto? The whole beach itself is made of sea shells.

Last edited:
Well I'm pretty happy! We got up to -1, not the 5F they said, but better than this morning! Tomorrow they say it's going to 20F! Woot!

The cold must be moving your way then because it got up to +4 here, and it's still kind of hanging there. A HEAT WAVE! :lol:

I really do hate this *bitter* cold. It makes it all but impossible to do anything. My Ready Heater ran out of desiel fuel in one shot yesterday in the shop when it usually takes a few days to run out.

The marine was amazing. The Sea Gulls, the Pelicans, the little Sand Crabs. One night at low tide we drove down the beach and the little Sand Crabs were out by the thousands. They were running towards the beach away from the water in the head lights. It was an incredible sight. It was as though the beach itself was alive and moving.

I didn't mind living in Tampa as much as I did in Las Vegas. I've grown to hate that town. There is NOTHING around it except DESSERT, and if you don't like gambling or night life, you won't like Vegas. Tampa just had a lot more to do. Well, Florida had a lot more to do. I went to the Daytona Beach Bike Week twice too, and that was a riot!

Oh, Tampa/StPete is awesome! My husband and I consider it "home", it is where we lived ourselves as a couple for 10 years and it is where Matt was born, right there in Tampa General!

We loved it there....lived in Tampa together for about 6 years and St Pete/Treasure Island for about 4 years before we moved up to massachusetts, and now maine.

Lots of "Dive Bars" to hang out and shoot pool or play darts...some great waterfront bars on the stpete side where you can drink and watch the wildlife and dolphins, great seafood, especially shrimp and grouper or Snapper....yum, yum! (though i have grown a huge fondness for maine lobster since it is so cheap up here) Can go to Buccaneer field by tampa college to watch them practice in the summer...the Strawberry festival and guavaween festival....we enjoyed it while there!

Care

The cold must be moving your way then because it got up to +4 here, and it's still kind of hanging there. A HEAT WAVE! :lol:

I really do hate this *bitter* cold. It makes it all but impossible to do anything. My Ready Heater ran out of desiel fuel in one shot yesterday in the shop when it usually takes a few days to run out.

It was -33 this morning!:eek:

Also, you got yourself a breathtaking VA Hospital there, and facilities on base to use....it is a good choice for the winter Pale, the Summer....well...98 degrees and rising with 95% humidity at 8 freaking AM in the morning....just doesn't cut it for me!

Oh, Tampa/StPete is awesome! My husband and I consider it "home", it is where we lived ourselves as a couple for 10 years and it is where Matt was born, right there in Tampa General!

We loved it there....lived in Tampa together for about 6 years and St Pete/Treasure Island for about 4 years before we moved up to massachusetts, and now maine.

Lots of "Dive Bars" to hang out and shoot pool or play darts...some great waterfront bars on the stpete side where you can drink and watch the wildlife and dolphins, great seafood, especially shrimp and grouper or Snapper....yum, yum! (though i have grown a huge fondness for maine lobster since it is so cheap up here) Can go to Buccaneer field by tampa college to watch them practice in the summer...the Strawberry festival and guavaween festival....we enjoyed it while there!

Care

I'll have to admit, I did have a good time while I was in Tampa also. I hear ya about those "dive bars." LOL. I hung out in one or two. :tongue:

I'm looking forward to going down there for a couple months next winter. I'm buying a trailer to pull and taking off for January and Febuary at least, maybe longer. All depends on how much fun I'm having and how cold it still is up north here. I loved all the fresh sea food in Tampa as well. There was great fishing around there too. But I like laying on the beach soaking up the sun almost as well as anything else. I was as dark as an Indian when I lived down there. I haven't had a tan like that since. I plan on touring the whole state. I have a good friend in Albany, Georgia too that I plan on stopping to see. Heck... now I can't wait for next winter... :lol:

It was -33 this morning!:eek:

Where I'm at must have been the warm spot, because just north of me they had -35, and west of me they had -38 below. That's just getting to the point of ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. That's POLAR cold for crying out loud... :mad:

I sure will appreciate spring this year... unlike I have for years... :redface:

I was polishing the Harley the other day and couldn't hardly stand it. I was jonesing for a ride bad.

Last edited:
Where I'm at must have been the warm spot, because just north of me they had -35, and west of me they had -38 below. That's just getting to the point of ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. That's POLAR cold for crying out loud... :mad:

I sure will appreciate spring this year... unlike I have for years... :redface:

I was polishing the Harley the other day and couldn't hardly stand it. I was jonesing for a ride bad.

Indeed I miss summer already... www.acmebox.net/5150/woodie6.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2Mdma2dXw]YouTube - Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues[/ame]

Forum List

Back