Hey... it's freakin' COLD up here...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
... yeah, Wisconsin. This is what I woke up to this morning. I took these pics around 6:30 AM this morning...

3200962207_f4fd4ac150_o.jpg

And check out these trees. Completely frozen....

3200962371_aafc0e6b1b_o.jpg

Next winter while this shit is going on, I'M GOING TO BE IN FLORIDA!

... yeah, Wisconsin. This is what I woke up to this morning. I took these pics around 6:30 AM this morning...

3200962207_f4fd4ac150_o.jpg

And check out these trees. Completely frozen....

3200962371_aafc0e6b1b_o.jpg

Next winter while this shit is going on, I'M GOING TO BE IN FLORIDA!

Baby it's cold outside! :eek: I'm in New Hampshire, so I feel your pain!

Everyone is so worried about global warning, but we're also on a serious brink of global freezing!

http://www.nsidc.org/data/nsidc-0063.html

You've heard of global warming - How about global freezing? | SpaceRef - Your Space Reference

Paleoproterozoic snowball Earth: Extreme climatic and geochemical global change and its biological consequences — PNAS
Geological, geophysical, and geochemical data support a theory that Earth experienced several intervals of intense, global glaciation (“snowball Earth” conditions) during Precambrian time. This snowball model predicts that postglacial, greenhouse-induced warming would lead to the deposition of banded iron formations and cap carbonates. Although global glaciation would have drastically curtailed biological productivity, melting of the oceanic ice would also have induced a cyanobacterial bloom, leading to an oxygen spike in the euphotic zone and to the oxidative precipitation of iron and manganese. A Paleoproterozoic snowball Earth at 2.4 Giga-annum before present (Ga) immediately precedes the Kalahari Manganese Field in southern Africa, suggesting that this rapid and massive change in global climate was responsible for its deposition. As large quantities of O2 are needed to precipitate this Mn, photosystem II and oxygen radical protection mechanisms must have evolved before 2.4 Ga. This geochemical event may have triggered a compensatory evolutionary branching in the Fe/Mn superoxide dismutase enzyme, providing a Paleoproterozoic calibration point for studies of molecular evolution.

Last edited:
While I am sypathetic to us Northerners, it's those folks in Atlanta that are really screwed.

We at least have years of preparation for days like this.

Those folks in HOTlanta are freezing their rebel asses off, and I'm guessing not one in ten thousand of them have longjohns or wool socks to help them through the nights.

It's 23 degrees right there now, according to Google.

While I am sypathetic to us Northerners, it's those folks in Atlanta that are really screwed.

Those folks in HOTlanta are freezing their rebel asses off, and I'm guessing not one in ten thousand of them have longjohns or wool socks to help them through the nights.

I know, right? I'm ready for another prolonged power outage with my portable propane heaters and all sorts of subzero gear! :lol:

70 degrees in Miami today

lol, man I love rubbing that in my friends faces who are freezing in NYC rightnow

It's 15 here but with the wind the weather says it feels like 1, which sounds about right. Supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow here as well... I can't wait, I'm too small to hold any heat, I go outside and I'm an instant popsicle.

Well let's see, 23 degrees above zero would be 51 DEGREES WARMER than here. No, I don't feel sorry for them at all. Bring them up here, then I might. ;)

did we mention hating you andrew? i think we did in the other thread lol....okay its gotta warmer here today...after the brutal minus 4....fucking minus 4...i live in the damned south....lol..but ed is right...we are prepared fully for it...we have just enough brutal cold to keep us on our feet...but them people in atlanta got no clue...and this is probably something you yanks dont know..many houses in atlanta are built without underpinning or block work..they dont care if the floor is open to the air ....joke is on them...but the worst is over for us....

would you really want to live in florida..come on pale..think about it....you would have andrew as a neighbor...did i mention we all...i speak for the entire board and all those with temps under 32....hate andrew...we are hate repping him as we speak ....

posting the beach pic was too much even for andrew

did we mention hating you andrew? i think we did in the other thread lol....okay its gotta warmer here today...after the brutal minus 4....fucking minus 4...i live in the damned south....lol..but ed is right...we are prepared fully for it...we have just enough brutal cold to keep us on our feet...but them people in atlanta got no clue...and this is probably something you yanks dont know..many houses in atlanta are built without underpinning or block work..they dont care if the floor is open to the air ....joke is on them...but the worst is over for us....

would you really want to live in florida..come on pale..think about it....you would have andrew as a neighbor...did i mention we all...i speak for the entire board and all those with temps under 32....hate andrew...we are hate repping him as we speak ....

posting the beach pic was too much even for andrew

I lived in Tampa from October 1985 to August 1987, then moved to Reno, Nevada. I was stationed at MacDill AFB. I liked the beach. Course that's about all there was to do in Florida. If you DIDN'T like the beach, you were fucked. It was novel to go to the beach on New Years Day in cut offs and drink beer in 85 degree, sunny weather. Too damn many bugs in Florida for me though. The cock roaches, flees and spiders big enough to ride were rampant down there. Too much humidity, too flat and hurricanes. They can have it.

I do plan to spend winter months down there though... :tongue:

Last edited:
It's 15 here but with the wind the weather says it feels like 1, which sounds about right. Supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow here as well... I can't wait, I'm too small to hold any heat, I go outside and I'm an instant popsicle.

Get yourself some warm clothes and heavy coat then girl... :slap:

i would love to live at the beach...however my dermotologist wouldnt approve ...i like having seasons...florida has beautiful horse country...the central part...people forget what a big part of the calving industry florida is. i have been to jackson beach and tampa/st pete area...it was nice in jackson beach ...this was several decades ago...you could walk on the beach...not in tampa/st pete... you couldnt find the beach...kick ass state fair..so florida does have its upside...and we will gloat just as much when its over 100 degrees in florida and the sand burns their feet

Forum List

Back