Hey, I want to change my name...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to change my name. When I joined up I didn't put a lot of thought into my name and now I want to change it.

Liability has told me I'm stupid because I didn't understand that he has a different name now and even though his join date says February 2013, that's not the actual date he joined. It's just the date he got his new name.

So apparently we can change our name and still keep our rep, like Liability did, but get a new join date.

So, how do I do that?
You can never change your name. You are stuck with it for life. Everything I say is true.

Please disregard anyone saying I'm not a mod, or administrator, or the fact that my user name used to be Loinboy, that doesn't matter.

You need to live in the now!

You sure you're in the Now Billo?

I want to change my name. When I joined up I didn't put a lot of thought into my name and now I want to change it.

Liability has told me I'm stupid because I didn't understand that he has a different name now and even though his join date says February 2013, that's not the actual date he joined. It's just the date he got his new name.

So apparently we can change our name and still keep our rep, like Liability did, but get a new join date.

So, how do I do that?

Your name can be changed, and keep your rep points, as Z-Boing pointed out. :)
Go ahead and PM Admin, or even myself, or any of the other mods, and make a request to change your username. :)

Can I go back and find older private messages that no longer show up on my list? One that was delivering rep, in particular?

Look in your message folder ("List Messages" in control panel) The list only shows very recent stuff. And sometimes even those don't show up - it's not very reliable.

When Liability rejoined under IlarMeilyr he had zero rep.

There are a few other posters who have done that, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

Come to think of it, there are a few other posters who did change their name.

Thats not exactly true. When that liar came back as IlarMeilyr, he had all his rep points. Please see my sig to see why I called him a liar.

I think we need a mod [MENTION=16165]alan1[/MENTION] to verify this. or [MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION] or [MENTION=40495]AngelsNDemons[/MENTION]

Last edited:

So, how do I do that?

Your name can be changed, and keep your rep points, as Z-Boing pointed out. :)
Go ahead and PM Admin, or even myself, or any of the other mods, and make a request to change your username. :)

Can I go back and find older private messages that no longer show up on my list? One that was delivering rep, in particular?

It depends on how old it is, and if it's been deleted or not...you're allowed 1000 pms...once that limit has been reached, you cannot receive any more unless you clean out your inbox...as well as your sent messages.

When Liability rejoined under IlarMeilyr he had zero rep.

There are a few other posters who have done that, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

Come to think of it, there are a few other posters who did change their name.

Thats not exactly true. When that liar came back as IlarMeilyr, he had all his rep points. Please see my sig to see why I called him a liar.

I think we need a mod [MENTION=16165]alan1[/MENTION] to verify this. or [MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION] or [MENTION=40495]AngelsNDemons[/MENTION]

I'm not sure - it's something handled at the Admin level, but I believe they keep their rep points unless they opt to zero out.

I'm not sure - it's something handled at the Admin level, but I believe they keep their rep points unless they opt to zero out.

[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] Coyote is correct. The Administrators are the ones that handle the name changes and/or changing of accounts.

As far as rep, if you just want a name change, you get to keep your rep..if you change accounts, you start from scratch.

Thanks!

I know that IlarMeilyr started off with zero under his new screen name.
[MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION]

Thanks!

I know that IlarMeilyr started off with zero under his new screen name.
[MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION]

As far as I know, changing accounts and changing names are two separate things. Keep your account and change your name only, keep your rep points and everything else, including your friends list and the amount of posts made, etc.

But, if one opts to have their previous account locked in order to have a new one, they are going to have to start all over and accumulate their rep, friends, posts made, etc. just as they had to do when first joining under their previous account.

Are you sure he started with zero rep as IlarMeilyr?

Because when I pointed out on another thread how I thought it reflected poorly on the forum that someone as nasty as him could have 1307 rep points and only be here since February 2013, Zona said this:

And IlarMeilyr responded to me thusly:

He's such a nice person.

Yes.

I probably shouldn't post this. But, as I say, WTF?

I made a bet. I lost the bet (when the President got re-elected) and therefore I left USMB which was the consequence of the bet.

It has been noted that I thereby honored a bet with a former member who had already gone (or been perma-banned). I figured that I had made the bet and even if zona was gone, I was stuck with paying it off. Otherwise I would be a welshing sumbitch.

Now, though, I wonder if my honoring of the bet is sufficient?

If I were to return here, would it/should it be considered welshing?

I saw that some folks had already weighed in on that topic and believe that it would not be welshing since zona was already gone before the election. Some of the folks who have taken that position are even on the "other" side of the political spectrum from where I stand.

But I remain curious. It kind of feels to me like it would still be a welsh. (Even this post, itself, feels a little bit like a welsh to me.)

This calls for a POLL!

Thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/274400-liability-wtf.html

Aha. Well that explains the name; "Ilar Meilyr" is Welsh for "cheerful prince" :lol:

I love this folklore history crap.

Actually, it's more "Hilarious Man of Iron."

But I understand your concern and I enjoy laughing at your ignorance, Ploddo.

Very interesting. So this is the kind of personality it takes to be popular on this forum? This is what is valued here. Very interesting.

So, it's okay to talk back to him, right oh-great-leaders of the forum? As long as I don't drag his family into it or break any of the other rules? But I can dish out to him equal to what he is dishing out to me, right? Doesn't matter my stance on a topic, that plays no role, right?

This could be fun, although I usually don't like to wallow around in the shit as much as Ilar seems to enjoy it.

Actually, he's starting to get boring, already.

I was just intrigued that such a nasty-assed, insulting son of a bitch is popular on the forum. And now I have my answer. He did, in fact, garner all that rep just since February 2013. That tells me a lot about this forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back