Hey! I Can't Edit My Posts Any More!!!

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
Anyone else having this problem? Check and see, if you don't know. I go to a post of mine and there is no Edit button on the bottom right. If I put a post up and go back to it within the hour, the Edit button is there. But if I try to edit a post that is a day or two old (or older), I can't do it. I know that at least one other poster is having a similar problem.

I am having the problem with my computer at work, which is running IE-8. I have Firefox at home and will check it out tonight to see if IE is the culprit.

What's up? Anyone else experiencing this?

Now that you've mentioned it, George, I see it's gone too

I guess Amelia just pays closer attention than we do
:D

Typical woman...gotta notice every detail
:lol:
(and remember them 12 years later, too)
:razz:

Well, whatever - I respectfully call bull shit here. Being able to edit posts, no matter HOW old, is very important, at least to me, and I'm sure to lots of others here if they stop to think about it. For example, something can be made apparent to you that you didn't know about when you put the post up originally, that will cause you to want to edit the post. Sometimes, that can happen days or even weeks after the post was posted. We should be able to edit our posts REGARDLESS of their age.

And consider this - the Delete feature is contained within the Edit feature. So now, we can only delete our posts if we think to do it in the first 24 hours or so?

It never used to be this way and if a click or two needs to be done by an admin somewhere, then let's get clicking. There are forums that have this "feature." I don't belong to them . . .

Last edited:
I prefer people not being able to go back and edit their old posts. There's enough revisionist history already.

I guess it could be abused - but the reasons to do it FAR outweigh the reasons not to do it.

More importantly, how did this change happen, who did it and how can it be reversed?

Well, whatever - I respectfully call bull shit here. Being able to edit posts, no matter HOW old, is very important, at least to me, and I'm sure to lots of others here if they stop to think about it. For example, something can be made apparent to you that you didn't know about when you put the post up originally, that will cause you to want to edit the post. Sometimes, that can happen days or even weeks after the post was posted. We should be able to edit our posts REGARDLESS of their age.

And consider this - the Delete feature is contained within the Edit feature. So now, we can only delete our posts if we think to do it in the first 24 hours or so?

It never used to be this way and if a click or two needs to be done by an admin somewhere, then let's get clicking. There are forums that have this "feature." I don't belong to them . . .
I've noticed that posts with replies can't be edited buy maybe that's because of the age factor.

I prefer people not being able to go back and edit their old posts. There's enough revisionist history already.

I guess it could be abused - but the reasons to do it FAR outweigh the reasons not to do it.

More importantly, how did this change happen, who did it and how can it be reversed?

testing to see if i have the edit.

edit: Full edit options here George.

I am not sure what the edit time is. I think it may be 24 hours.

I believe the edit time was changed becasue people were going back, changing posts, and then liking back to them as prof they said this or that.... and not what everyone remembered. I my opinion, posts cast in stone are better then something that can totally be changed into something different than what was there originally.

Last edited:
Well, whatever - I respectfully call bull shit here. Being able to edit posts, no matter HOW old, is very important, at least to me, and I'm sure to lots of others here if they stop to think about it. . . . .

You are being overly sensitive George. Nobody is going to go back and check your spelling errors from a week ago. ....except, maybe, the NSA....and they already have a copy....

I checked some other posts and the edit function seems to be time related. I tried to edit some of my old posts and the edit button was not available.

What about delete? Haven't any of you posted something you later wanted to delete - probably for very good reason? Fugedaboudit now, I guess. Sucks.

Forum List

Back