Hey HuffPo Bloggers - Was It Fun Working For Free To Make Arianna Richer?

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
omg, I can't stop laughing.:lmao:

SNIP:

First, let me congratulate Arianna Huffington on selling The Huffington Post to AOL for a reported $315 million. Isn't America a great place?

Arianna came up with a great business model. Create a place where liberals could tell each other how smart they were, where they could write blog posts without being paid, and where they could create a community of commenters who routinely attacked the evil Republicans...

and then sell out for mucho dinero.

It always amazed me that HuffPo bloggers (not the handful of well paid staffers, but the great unwashed) thought they were so special by being allowed to blog at HuffPo, when in fact they were being treated as unindentured servants. They were able leave, but they were working for free to help Arianna build a business.

read it all here.
Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion: Hey HuffPo Bloggers - Was It Fun Working For Free To Make Arianna Richer?

writers want exposure....simple as that.....the more you write the more you have published the better off you are in the market....

she made a fortune and someone got their name in print....of course there are no right wing bloggers who arent getting paid...right?

huffpo.jpg

You think SHE'LL SHARE some of HER WEALTH with them.:lol:

there is no min. wage law when you submit a work....do you do everything with an expectation of being paid?

do you mock volunteers for Samaritan's purse? franklin graham is making money hand over fist...

do you mock those who pay into sarah palins pac? she is making a fortune....

writers want exposure....simple as that.....the more you write the more you have published the better off you are in the market....

she made a fortune and someone got their name in print....of course there are no right wing bloggers who arent getting paid...right?

Out of the 6,000 who blogged for the HuffPuff, wanna hazard a guess at how many 'got their name in print'? :lol:

if and when this board is sold do you expect part of the profit?

after all the sell will be based on attracting ads...you do that by showing that you have the posts etc...

so do you expect to profit share in this?

there is no min. wage law when you submit a work....do you do everything with an expectation of being paid?
First off, I can't believe you actually wrote that. Secondly, No I don't expect to be paid for everything I do but if I submitted an article to HuffPo I would have asked about the going rate for submissions.

Maybe they all felt like they were all part of the "kollective" and that Arianna would "do right by them" eh? The site has advertisers right? Why would anyone think it's not like any other business?

First, let me congratulate Arianna Huffington on selling The Huffington Post to AOL for a reported $315 million. Isn't America a great place ? Hey HuffPo Bloggers - Was It Fun Working For Free To Make Arianna Richer?

You work here for free typing for the GOP don't ya?

Forum List

Back