Hey, How are ya?

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
Hello, my name is Cain, I am a 18 year old Senior, I live on a farm in Tennessee, and I am in the Air Force DEP (Delayed Entry Program) I have signed a 6 year contract with the USAF, and I am very proud to be in the DEP, and I am very excited about the end of this year and going to BMT (Basic Military Training) and becoming a Active-Duty member of the USAF. Hello, and how are you?

Hello, I am your neighbor in KY.
Good luck in your service to our country. I hope you like it and perhaps make a career out of it

Hi Cain - Welcome to the USMB. There are many veterans here on this board so you will fit in just fine. Good luck with your service in the Air Force. I did 20 years in the Navy and retired from that branch of service. I knew a few Air Force fellas and they were all ok guys. I'm sure you'll do just fine and I know you're going to have a good time. Nice to meet you. BTW, I live on a farm in northwestern Illinois so we have something in common.

Hello, my name is Cain, I am a 18 year old Senior, I live on a farm in Tennessee, and I am in the Air Force DEP (Delayed Entry Program) I have signed a 6 year contract with the USAF, and I am very proud to be in the DEP, and I am very excited about the end of this year and going to BMT (Basic Military Training) and becoming a Active-Duty member of the USAF. Hello, and how are you?
Welcome. I'm an AF vet too. What job will you be doing in the AF? After basic and tech school do yourself a favor and put in for world wide assignment. You'll have a great time and you'll never regret it. Good luck!

@uscitizen: Thanks, glad to be here, love Kentucky, although parents are very pro-vols when it comes to wildcats games lol.

@Big Black Dog: Thanks for serving, I have only been to Illinois 5-6x, but never stayed very long. Thanks for welcome.

@Mad Scientist: Thanks for serving, Security Forces. I am actually hoping to get stationed somewhere in Asia, but I am also trying to figure out a way to request a tour also. I will seriously consider your advice, promise.

Fuckin' Zoomie....

Well someone had to say it first. :tongue: The smartest man I know is a farm-raised Air Force Vet. Welcome to the board.

Fuckin' Zoomie....

Well someone had to say it first. :tongue: The smartest man I know is a farm-raised Air Force Vet. Welcome to the board.

lol, sorry for sounding very ignorant, but, what is a zoomie?

Thanks asterism, glad to be here.

@Mad Scientist: Thanks for serving, Security Forces. I am actually hoping to get stationed somewhere in Asia, but I am also trying to figure out a way to request a tour also. I will seriously consider your advice, promise.
That's what I did! Police Academy at Lackland. Did tours in Japan, Okinawa and a remote in Korea. Was stationed in Missouri for two years. Trained at McGuire/Ft Dix and Camp O'Donnell in the Philipines. Drank a lot of beer, chased (and caught) a lot of wimmen. You're gonna' have a great time!

I wish I were young again so I could do it all over!

Fuckin' Zoomie....

Thanks asterism, glad to be here.[/quote]Just some good natured name calling. "Zoomie". "Fly Rod". "Chair Force". It's all good!

That's what I did! Police Academy at Lackland. Did tours in Japan, Okinawa and a remote in Korea. Was stationed in Missouri for two years. Trained at McGuire/Ft Dix and Camp O'Donnell in the Philipines. Drank a lot of beer, chased (and caught) a lot of wimmen. You're gonna' have a great time!

I wish I were young again so I could do it all over!

Wow, you are like a older version of me, except probably more handsome haha. Well, lol, funny thing is, I am very anti-alcohol, no offense. My Pa's dad was in the US Army, and after Korea, he got into alcohol...say the least, I am terrified to touch the stuff, and I will never do it. Chasing women lol, I am one of them goody little two shoes Christians. Although, I must admit, my biggest purpose for going to Asia, is, I want to train in real arts, not this Karate in the US. I am hoping to maybe master 1-3 arts before I die. The only sport I ever got into was Boxing.

Fuckin' Zoomie....

Thanks asterism, glad to be here.
Just some good natured name calling. "Zoomie". "Fly Rod". "Chair Force". It's all good![/QUOTE]

Ah, ok. Yea, the marine DEP call us Chair Force a lot, but we usually ignore them, we out-number them 2 to 1, and I am the only one out of any of the military dep with experience in a sport that has to do with fighting.

Oh great, another damn wingwiper. Careful, those hot tubs and five star, liqueur stocked dorms in Air Force boot can be murder. :eusa_whistle:

GO NAVY!!!!

A lil' friendly advice you can take to basic with ya'

LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN....SEE, SEE, SEE...MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!.....Don't be that guy (and every class of recruits has at least one) standing there with a dumbfounded look on his face, 'cause it can get quite ugly real fast!

And always remember, when one guy asses it up, EVERYBODY PAYS!

Good luck to ya'!.....You sound motivated, you should do just fine.

Oh great, another damn wingwiper. Careful, those hot tubs and five star, liqueur stocked dorms in Air Force boot can be murder. :eusa_whistle:

GO NAVY!!!!

haha, I hope it's not that easy. hehe, Sorry I still support the Army when its Army vs Navy Game, but thanks for serving.

A lil' friendly advice you can take to basic with ya'

LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN....SEE, SEE, SEE...MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!.....Don't be that guy (and every class of recruits has at least one) standing there with a dumbfounded look on his face, 'cause it can get quite ugly real fast!

And always remember, when one guy asses it up, EVERYBODY PAYS!

Good luck to ya'!.....You sound motivated, you should do just fine.

Thanks, and I will heed that advice. My uncle told me the biggest thing is shut up and do what your told, and I heed most veterans advice. Only time I don't is when it's weird advice, like "Be a man, go Marines" or "Go Green, Be Mean" I usually prefer advice I can apply, without dis-obeying a oath I took at MEPS.

Forum List

Back